Welcome, Guest

Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 4066 Views

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 29 Jul 2009 18:38 #10131

• Pintele Yid
Uri (JA) wrote on 28 Jul 2009 22:09:

bsiyata deshmaya,

A short vort on this weeks parsha:

Rashi says that Moshe used the lashon of chanun becuase it shows the requests for a matnas chinam-a free gift.Moshe said "hashem.this is what i want,but dont let it detract from my schar.let it be free".and rashi goes on to say that all tzaddikim daven in this fashion,even though they have many merits.My question is simple and unoriginal:if Moish wanted this so bad to enter the land,throw in some schar on the deal.why davka a free present?arent u more likely to get it otherwise??
I had an insight,chevra.Its not that these tzaddikim ask for presents even though they have alot of merit.Its that they are tzaddikim because they ask for presents.
Meaning:some pple deal with hashem on a businesslike level.listen G-d,you know the drill.i daven 3 times a day,learn a shtickle,give some charity.You provide me with money and health.Deal?
But tzaddikim know that Hashem is their father.He doesnt want deals.He wants to give.Hes the ultimate giver.Anyone who asks:gets.He is waiting to shower us with blessings.we have the key to His treasury.we only have to open it.God is close to all those who seek Him.
My friends,dont say to yourselves:why should Hashem help me?i havent done anything good for him lately. He is your Daddy.His greatest pleasure is to give you everything and see that youre happy.Dont be afraid to ask Smiley   -Uri

Uri Uri Shir Dabercha...K'vod Hashem Alecha Nigla

A Pintele thought on your beautiful vort.

A Tzaddik is one who understands and recognizes the infinite amount of goodness Hashem does for him, his family and for Klal Yisroel. He therefore cannot come to Hashem with a "business deal" because what he gives Hashem in return is totally nulified and insignificant in comparison with what he receives.

All the Tzaddik wants to do is keep himself nullified in Hashem's presense and his greatest fear is separating from the Chayei Hachayim.

I once heard a story from my Tanya Rebbi concerning the Baal Hatanya.

When he was in prison, he was interrogated by the Czar's psychologist. Afterwards, the psychologist told the Czar that the Baal Hatanya suffered from trying to attain something that was impossible for him to attain. The Czar was concerned that this meant that the Baal Hatanya wanted to become the Czar and that is what was bothering him.

When they told this to the Baal Hatanya, he replied "I am totally uninterested in becoming the physical king. I want to be totally nullified in the spiritual king and as along as I am still alive, I cannot attain that. This is what the Psychologist is seeing within me."

Pintele Yid
Last Edit: by wantto succeed.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 05 Aug 2009 10:01 #10847

• Uri
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yasher Koach atzum for the story pintele. 

Another short vort.I posted this in my thread but it really belongs in the bais so here it is:

I was studying this week's sedra,searching for meaning in my life and struggles as I often do,when I came across a most unusual pasuk.Moshe is speaking to Klal Yisrael telling them not be afraid of entering the land,and that their enemies will fall easily under their swords,when he says the following:
"And Hashem will banish the nations from before you gradually.You shall not destroy them speedily lest the wild animals become too numerous for you"
Rashi asks the obvious question "Dude,the hand of G-d is leading them through giants and powerful armies,and they should be scared of a couple lions?Surely there is nothing to be afraid of as long as they do Hashem's will?!"Rashi answers that it was revealed to Moshe that they would sin.
WO!One second!Moshe Rabbeinu?Our loving defender?Just telling us "yea you guys wont make it"??Where's the faith?"Yea,you guys are gonna fall".This is not the picture I've had of him until now.
My friends,I remember the first time I went skiing with my friend.He said to me "Uri,I'm just warning you.You're gonna fall a heck of a lot.I remember looking at him a little hurt.He noticed and told me "doesn't mean you arent athletic or anything.Everyone falls in the begining,no matter how athletic and talented they are.If you don't fall,that means you are not really skiing.Don't be afraid to fall,or you'll never learn how to really ski."
I told my sister when she started biking "honey,go slow,but even if you do,youre gonna fall.But dont worry.I'm here to make sure you dont get hurt and get up."
Moshe wasn't being cynical,or a pessimist.Chas veshalom!!Moshe was just letting us know:You guys are gonna fall.And youre gonna get up.And youre gonna conquer this land.And youre gonna learn from your falls.And Hashem and His messengers will always be there to help you back up.Have no fear,for fear will only prevent you from reaching your goal.
Falling isnt just "part of life".Its a neccesity!!
Sorry for that being slightly long.I have the feeling not everyone will be satisfied with my interpretation.I am sorry.With love and respect for the brave warriors here-Uri  Smiley
Last Edit: by needhelp.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 05 Aug 2009 10:13 #10850

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
One can possibly read our sedra that discusses Hashem's banishing of our enemies as reffering to our evil inclination.In that context,this pasuk in specific sticks out to me:
"And you shall know on that day that it is Hashem your G-d who passes before you;a burning fire.He shall destroy them and he shall make them submissive before you,and you shall finish them speedily as G-d commanded you."
And all we have to do is put in what we got,have faith,sit back,and watch the show
Wow 
Last Edit: by .

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 05 Aug 2009 10:27 #10852

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
Another short vort(our parsha is filled with them):
In the course of Moshe's speech to Klal Yisrael he mentions their journey through the desert and how their clothes grew with them,and their shoes did not wear out(40 years of walking!Min wear out after one year of sitting ).And then he adds the following:
"And you should realize in your heart that just as a father admonishes his child,so too does Hashem admonish/afflict you"
Why now does he add this?After discussing the shoes?
My friends,listen,but listen close:HASHEM LOVES US SO SO MUCH!HE LOVES US AS A PARENT LOVES THEIR ONLY CHILD!!!
In the desert,the middle of nowhere,G-d personally fed us,gave us water to drink,warded of snakes,sheltered us from heat,kept our wardrobe in good shape,defeated our enemies,and the list goes on!!Who would do that for someone else unless they had such overflowing love for the person?!Especially after the "person" is unappreciative,grumpy,and rebbelious.Chevra,just think about it.Is there such love like this to be found in all the world???
Now that we are starting to realize a fraction of the love Hashem has for us,all the punishments can all come into perspective.Hashem does not lose his patience.Hashem does not have a love/hate bipolar type of love for us.If He loves us,he loves us forever,unconditionally.Any punishment He must give is done with a sigh and a heavy heart(kaviyochol of course) and with a turned head and tears in His eyes.But the love never changes.Even in galus.Even when we are in the pits.We are still His only child,His favorite child,and that will never change.

I feel weird using this word now because i know that any love i might have for you guys is not even in the same dictionary as G-d's love for us,but still.I love you all,my heilege friends-Uri  ;D :D 8) :-*

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 05 Aug 2009 11:30 #10863

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Uri,

:-*
Thats on behalf of everyone here!

Kep these thought s coming!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by bennny613.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 05 Aug 2009 20:23 #10955

• bochur28
just a quick vort - 'ayin'(130)(eye) is begematriah 'kal'(easy, light)(130) - why? because shmiras einayim is something very 'kal' to people; it's sooo easy to be nichshal, all it takes is a head turn, a rise of the eyes, and BOOM! oiver a lo saaseh - but it doesn't seem like im eating chazir, or wearing shatnez..there's little tefisah in it at first, this is why it takes so much work, and think about it - yidden have a sense from our youth that avodah zara is, disgusting; they're not going to go into mekomos tiflos, right? thats a kedushah and a sensitivity that e have from birth - but sensitivity and kedushah in this area is almost entirely self-made(with hashem's help of course), so it's something e truly accomplish!

next time you win a nisayon, think about it - I changed from what I used to be, I have earned kedushah from my decision, chasdei hashem.
Last Edit: by tendler97.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 05 Aug 2009 20:57 #10959

• Pintele Yid
Uri (JA) wrote on 05 Aug 2009 10:13:

One can possibly read our sedra that discusses Hashem's banishing of our enemies as reffering to our evil inclination.In that context,this pasuk in specific sticks out to me:
"And you shall know on that day that it is Hashem your G-d who passes before you;a burning fire.He shall destroy them and he shall make them submissive before you,and you shall finish them speedily as G-d commanded you."
And all we have to do is put in what we got,have faith,sit back,and watch the show
Wow 

Tayara Uri,

There is one prerequisite to this true Vort. We have to let him in to fight for us

Pintele Yid

Last Edit: by lohemanonimi.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 05 Aug 2009 21:11 #10965

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
Shkoyach bochur for the vort.very usable at short meals and such.thank you
pintele-He is already in us.our neshama is a peice of Him.We just gotta let our neshama pull us towards Him.but essentially,yea.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 05 Aug 2009 21:22 #10971

• Pintele Yid
Uri (JA) wrote on 05 Aug 2009 21:11:

pintele-He is already in us.our neshama is a peice of Him.We just gotta let our neshama pull us towards Him.but essentially,yea.

Checkmate!

With a name like Pintele Yid, I should have been more carefull with my words

Pintele Yid
Last Edit: by nachum97.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 09 Aug 2009 12:48 #11284

• battleworn
Uri (JA) wrote on 05 Aug 2009 21:11:

He is already in us.our neshama is a peice of Him.We just gotta let our neshama pull us towards Him.

Uri this is a tremendous and very deep yesod. R' Tzadok Hacohen discusses it in "Machshivos Charutz"

It's a very big sugya, but the bottom line is that there's more than one way to invoke Siyata Dishmaya.

There's the way that any human being can do. That is by reaching a point of very extreme desperation. (That's why certain addicts feel it nessecary to refer to themselves as losers.) R' Tzadok actually goes so far as to say, that that was why -by the story of the maeraglim- they said "נשובה מצרימה " Because the only way they knew to recieve Divine Assistence, was by being in that completely desperate - loser - "meitzar", situation.
As I said this works for all human beings.

But for us, there's another way. We know that הקב'ה לבן של ישראל He's always there. All we have to do, is discover our self. When we seperate ourselves from קנאה תאוה וכבוד and we wake up our neshomoh and let it shine forth we automatically recieve constant Siyata Dishmaya. This is the essence of teshuva. In fact it's the essence of Torah and the essence of מעמד הר סיני when Hashem "married" us and became one with us.

(Maybe I'll elaborate a different time)
Last Edit: by shlepper.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 10 Aug 2009 13:58 #11399

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
Pretty intesnse stuff.yasher koach battleworn
Chevra, i dont yet have a suitable vort for this week's parsha,but please see www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Blog.aspx/4
Its a blog of this rav who speaks often about shmiras habris.i think you will find it pretty insightful
all the best-uri
Last Edit: by TMTeen.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 03 Sep 2009 10:06 #15554

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
I will share a moshol i heard from rav fischel schachter.

President Obama was sitting one day in the oval office when he received a phone call.
"Mr President?Are you interested in being written down in the history books for removing the threat of international terrorism?"
He had the president's attention.
"Meet me by the outskirts of the city.I have something to show you."
The caller hung up.
Against his better judgment,Obama took his private car with a few secret service guys to the designated location.
There was a man there waiting there for him.
"Follow me please,Mr President."
He took him into a big warehouse,down into the basment.
There was a big room there,with a huge machine in the middle being worked on by a few scientists.
"This,Mr President,is a space shuttle ,that is quite unique.This invention will have the power to orbit the earth and sense any terrorist activity,whether it is plans,thoughts, or meetings.At the moment that it senses anything,it will annihilate the terrorist and world peace will finally persevere.But let me just tell you,this project is quite expensive.And we desire to keep it top secret so that no terrorist organization can attempt to destroy the shuttle.The thing is,we need 50 billion dollars for the project.We need to finish the shuttle,send it up as secretely as possible,send 100 people up there to monitor and work the shuttle,and their families and so on.You must somehow find a way to get the money from congress without letting the reason out."
After careful consideration,the President agreed.
That week in the congressional meeting,the President convinced the government that he was going to need 50 Billion dollars for a top secret defense purpose.
He was granted the money.
The project was a tremendous success.Any terrorist had any thoughts of anything disappeared out of thin air.The world was at peace.
But noone had any idea that it was the shuttle that was behind it all.
And congress was feeling the burdens of putting out all the money.
So they said "Mr President.You're gonna have to make some cut-backs on this defense project of yours."
So Obama decided that he would have to head out to space to see what he could do to cut back on the expenses.
When he got to the shuttle,he decided to take an inventory of all expenses and of what every person did on the shuttle.
"Jim,what do you do on the shuttle?"
"To be honest,Mr President,I don't really do anything.I'm a little computer inept.But I really like it here,and I would really want to stay."
"You're kidding right?You know how much money you cost us?!You and your family.Food.Health insurance.Doctors.You're coming back to earth with me."
"No!Please let me stay.I'll find something useful to do."
"Fine.I'll give you another week.If your administrator tells me that you're still not doing much,then you're done."

A week later...

"Mr. Administrator."
"Yes,Mr President."
"What's the deal with Jim?"
"Jim?That guy is completely at loss with how to work the computer system.He almost blew up Moscow the other day.He doesn't really do anything."
"Okay,so I'm gonna have him sent down,k?"
"No,Mr President.We need him."
"What do you mean?He doesn't do his job?Why would you want to keep him?!"
"Yes,it's true that he doesn't know how to do anything.But you see,Jim is a very upbeat guy.He's always smiling and making jokes.He makes everyone on the shuttle so happy and always in a good mood.And because of that,our shuttle is all the more successful in it's mission."

You see my friends the point.
Hashem will come down in 2 weeks time and see someone not doing their job.He's not doing the mission he was sent down for.And this world and each person in it is "expensive" to keep.
But the heavenly court says DONT TAKE HIM.
The world needs him.
He is such a positive force in the world,always helping people out,making people feel good,and because of that,everyone else does their jobs so much better.

And Hashem decides to keep us here.
Last Edit: by qazwsxbitachon.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 03 Sep 2009 11:34 #15560

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevaldig!

Oh oh! I better start helping others be upbeat or.......Yeah!

Two more weeks! Yikes!
Last Edit: by paulwill.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 03 Sep 2009 14:25 #15589

• bardichev
GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Last Edit: by werstrong.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 03 Sep 2009 14:55 #15600

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Uri, this is a great Moshol, and I must tell you that you are one of the forum's LIFE FORCES lately. So how ever you are doing, for better or for worse, always remember that you have a big zechus in keeping this place pulsating and alive!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by 3y3sguarded.
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes