Welcome, Guest

Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 4067 Views

Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 22 Jul 2009 09:51 #9294

• Uri
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
hi chevra,
i hope to maybe post some torah thoughts on this thread that could help all of us.some of it,i am sure,will have been said before.but nothing to lose from repitition
discussion is encouraged
Last Edit: by Arongreen.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 22 Jul 2009 10:10 #9302

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
Besiyata deshmaya,
It is written in Mishlei Perek daled "The way of the tzaddikim is like the path of the light that shines and passes".
Ok, I understand the comparison between the tzaddikim and the light(im assuming the pasuk is referring to the sun).Their ways shine Pashut.But whats pshat with the specific comparison to the passing light?
The Baal Shem Tov gives a most beautiful answer that could really teach us something interesting.
Does the sun shine at night?It most assuredly does.The sun is a hugungous ball of gas.So why is it dark at night?We all know that is because the earth revolves and covers the sun from hitting us directly. But the sun is as strong as it ever was. The same is with the light of the tzaddikim and by the same token,the light of the Torah and of course Hakadosh Boruch Hu. The light is infinetly powerful.The problem is that it is covered with the "earth", our love of gashmiyus.Our focus on gashmiyus.That is whats covering the light.
You may ask: but if the light of the Torah Hakedosha is so powerful,how could it be covered by simple materialistic things?The answer,my friends,is understood by the following parable: Imagine you have a huge mountain in front of you.Fills up your vision,yea?But now take a quarter nd hold it in front of your eyes.Bye bye mountain.The small coin,which is incomparable in size to the mountain, now takes up your whole vision becuase it is right before your eyes.Its not a chisaron in the mountain;its a chisaron in your sight!
We must stop focusing on the gashmi world directly in front of us.We must remove it from in front of our eyes.And then,my friends,we will be zoche iy'h to witness the powerful heilege light!!

Last Edit: by motke76.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 22 Jul 2009 12:25 #9329

• battleworn
I see we have yet another big-league "inspirer" in the bais, this is absolutely gevaldig!
Last Edit: by Sam Ash.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 22 Jul 2009 15:20 #9355

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Beautiful!! This should go into a chizuk e-mail sometime! Keep up the posts...  ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by chazak vyametz.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 22 Jul 2009 20:19 #9396

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Now this is the Real Uri we are hearing!

keep it coming!

It is Solid!

E.L.
Last Edit: by AyeletChava.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 24 Jul 2009 02:51 #9610

• TrYiNg
BEAUTIFUL!

(I wanted to say 'Go Jerusalem Addict' , but it somehow doesn't sound right. Ya gotta change it to something more suitable. E.L- any ideas?)
Last Edit: 24 Jul 2009 02:54 by Shabbos.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 24 Jul 2009 02:57 #9611

• bardichev
how about jerusalem Fanatic
Last Edit: by timi123.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 24 Jul 2009 11:00 #9643

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
The Chofetz Chaim ztvk'l was known for his long talks about moshiach.He would constantly tell everyone that we're living in the time of the geula and to be ready.Were coming too close to the end to slack off.

The russian king decided that it was time to make his visit to the barracks to see how his officers and soldiers were coming along.When the officers heard about the king/czars impending visit,they immediately made their way to stand outside in formation to be prepared to greet the king when he arrived.It was a hot day,however,and many of the officers were sweating bullets.But they knew that it would just be a bit more and the king would arrive and be pleased with the honor of being greeted.One foolish officer,however,kept checking his watch and ran out of patience."The king wont be here for another while" he said to himself.So he walked over to a shady area and laid down to rest.When the king arrived he was overjoyed at the officers respect for him and that they stood outside in the boiling heat to greet him.He handed out presents without limit and promotions and money and invitd everyone to a grand banquet to take place that night.This officer of course didnt get anything because he wasnt standing in formation when the king arrived,and it looked like he just got there.When this officer tried entering the banquet that night he wasnt allowed in cause he wasnt there when the king arrived.

How foolish does that officer feel?He shouldve just stuck it out for a bit longer!
So too for us.Time is winding down.We have to keep strong!Keep struggling!We want moshiach to arrive and Hashem to greet us with us sweating!Through everything.Through the crusades.Through the pogroms!Through the holocaust!Through poverty,illness,and destruction!We still await Him and hold fast to that which He asked us to.Then He will see how much we love Him and want Him.And our marriage will be greater than ever.Hashem,
"Look from the Heavens and see.We have been an object of scorn and derision among the nations.We are regarded as sheep for slaughter.To be killed,to be destroyed.To be beaten and humiliated.
But despite all this,we have not forgotten Your Name.Please dont forget us"
Last Edit: by Yde613.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 24 Jul 2009 11:19 #9644

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Beautiful!

I just want to add something to this;

"Time is winding down.We have to keep strong!Keep struggling!We want moshiach to arrive and Hashem to greet us with us sweating!Through everything.Through the crusades.Through the pogroms!Through the holocaust!Through poverty,illness,and destruction! In spite of the overpowering Yetzer Hara, in spite of a decadent and immoral world, We still await Him and hold fast to that which He asked us to.Then He will see how much we love Him and want Him".

Thank you!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by michaelbaggio.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 27 Jul 2009 23:49 #9898

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
bs'd
i posted this in my thread but i think it belongs more in the beis.hear the following moshol

There was a rich man who unfortunately had his business take a turn for the worse and soon found himself barely feeding his family.He noticed one day his son looking exceptionally sad.When asked why,the son explained as follows "tatte,when we had money we had all the best food and lots of it.now all we have is bread.at least give us a decent amount."

this is us.we dont have much left to give Hashem.the beis hamikdash is no longer here.no korbanos nothing.all we have left is our tears.let us not be stingy with them.

"The gates of prayer are locked,but the gates of tears will never be"-gemara brachos
"She cries and cries in the night,with a tear always on her cheek"-megillas eicha

my friends,this is the night.do not be afraid to cry.u have 200-plus shoulders to cry on.-Uri
Last Edit: by cholentkugel.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 28 Jul 2009 22:09 #10003

• Uri
  • Platinum Boarder
bsiyata deshmaya,

A short vort on this weeks parsha:

Rashi says that Moshe used the lashon of chanun becuase it shows the requests for a matnas chinam-a free gift.Moshe said "hashem.this is what i want,but dont let it detract from my schar.let it be free".and rashi goes on to say that all tzaddikim daven in this fashion,even though they have many merits.My question is simple and unoriginal:if Moish wanted this so bad to enter the land,throw in some schar on the deal.why davka a free present?arent u more likely to get it otherwise??
I had an insight,chevra.Its not that these tzaddikim ask for presents even though they have alot of merit.Its that they are tzaddikim because they ask for presents.
Meaning:some pple deal with hashem on a businesslike level.listen G-d,you know the drill.i daven 3 times a day,learn a shtickle,give some charity.You provide me with money and health.Deal?
But tzaddikim know that Hashem is their father.He doesnt want deals.He wants to give.Hes the ultimate giver.Anyone who asks:gets.He is waiting to shower us with blessings.we have the key to His treasury.we only have to open it.God is close to all those who seek Him.
My friends,dont say to yourselves:why should Hashem help me?i havent done anything good for him lately. He is your Daddy.His greatest pleasure is to give you everything and see that youre happy.Dont be afraid to ask Smiley  -Uri
Last Edit: by akabusk.

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 29 Jul 2009 03:02 #10023

• TrYiNg
Beautiful!
Last Edit: by Dalimvrekim .

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 29 Jul 2009 04:30 #10032

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
How about "Yerushalaim! I'm Not For Sale!

Like in telling thr Y'H hey! I'm Yerushalaim and my Neshomo ain for sale!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 29 Jul 2009 07:54 #10051

• TrYiNg
Ye! the next part goes even better " You better run for your life back to Utah(or further) overnight ,before the mountain top opens wide to swallow you alive!"
Last Edit: by .

Re: Divrei Torah with inspiration,perspective,and advice 29 Jul 2009 12:56 #10101

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Uri Uri Ad Hayesoid Boh!

Trying,

I can't figure out when it is that you actually get to sleep.

I was here late last night when you were here till about 1 am or so, and I'm here now and your still here or you slept a few short hours?

The main thing is that your up beat today even thou the weather aint.
Last Edit: 29 Jul 2009 17:16 by .
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes