Welcome, Guest

Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 37066 Views

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 19 Jan 2011 21:21 #93765

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Reb Elimelech Biderman Shlita quoted:

Mishenechnas Adar Marbim Besimcha - When Adar enters we add simcha.

When did we start with simcha in the first place? What are we adding to on Rosh Chodesh Adar?

Chamisha Asar B'Shvat!

'Chamisha Asar' are the same letters as the words 'Shaar Simcha'.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 19 Jan 2011 21:31 #93767

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
beautiful, shkoyach!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 21 Jan 2011 16:40 #94032

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
הזורעים בדמעה ברנה יקצורו

Hazorim bedimah berina. If you work with dim'aa or with rina you will get results - yiktzoru.

But huloch yailaich ubochoi, if you work in sadness, nosai meshech hazora, the results are proportional to the efforts.

Bo yavo berina, with happiness, nosai alumosov, the results are above and beyond your efforts.

Toras Avos
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 25 Jan 2011 23:03 #94438

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Parshas Mishpatim

ואלה המשפטים אשר תשים לפניהם
אלה פוסל את הראשונות, ואלה מוסיף על הראשונים, רש"י

אל"ה is roshei taivos ליהודים היתה אורה, referring to Teshuvah Mi'yirah, in which case the prior aveiros are given the status of sh'gagos, פוסל את הראשונים

ואל"ה is roshei taivos ליהודים היתה אורה ושמחה, referring to teshuva done with simcha, Teshuvah Mi'ahava, in which case the prior aveiros are given the status of z'chuyos, מוסיף על הראשונים.

Likutei Imrei Chaim
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 26 Jan 2011 16:55 #94517

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
shkoiach. I saw r' nachman says that if he knew earlier the power of being besimcha, he never would have done his taanis hefsekim....I also saw this from besht but not home to check sefer, it was in sefer hasimcha
I just need a little HASHEVOSA EL LIVAVECHA

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 26 Jan 2011 17:16 #94520

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
tzaddik90 wrote on 26 Jan 2011 16:55:

I just need a little HASHEVOSA EL LIVAVECHA

a little? i need truckloads and boatloads of that
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 26 Jan 2011 19:14 #94547

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, Zem, let's do some ta'anis hefsekim and maybe we'll really grow, oh wait, i misunderstood the vort-let's be happy w/ what we are, and just smile and be emessdik and i think the torah will flow naturally right into our hearts.

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 26 Jan 2011 19:19 #94550

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
sign me up!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 26 Jan 2011 20:15 #94569

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
והנה זה עשוי לתת שכר טוב לצדיקים המתחזקים באמונתם, והוא מה שאמר הכתוב "וצדיק באמונתו יחיה" כי אי אפשר לשום אדם לעמוד על בורים של דברים שהקב"ה עושה עמו, כי הוא יתברך מתנהג פעם בדרך השכר ועונש ופעם בדרך המזל, כמו שביארנו.
וכל דבר שיתחדש על האדם, הנה אין שם מי שישפוט אם מן השכר ועונש הוא, וכפי מעשיו, אם מן המזל הנגזר עליו

דעת תבונות לרמח"ל סי' קע
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2011 20:50 by .

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 26 Jan 2011 21:09 #94584

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
The elder chasidim of the Lechovitcher Rebbe Reb Mordechai zy'a would help prepare the food for shabbos for the Rebbe. One of the chasidim, Reb Yeshaya Reishes once prepared the fish. As he was working with it and cooking it his heart and mind were engrossed in the tefila 'Nishmas kol chai'.
When it was brought before the Rebbe and he ate some of it he called out "Reb Shaya, you instilled the essence of Nishmas in the fish"

Toras Avos
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 31 Jan 2011 22:18 #95133

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Rebbe Pinchas of Koritz zy'a was adept in mathematics (תכונה). Once a frightful earthquake occurred and many yidden were aroused to do teshuva. Being that he was skilled in math he was able to predict the onset of the earthquake and therefore was not aroused by the event. He was upset at the lack of hisorerus he experienced and traveled to the Baal Shem Tov zy'a. The Baal Shem Tov said to him "this is the primary tactic of the Yetzer Hara, explaining everything as being a natural occurrence."

Sipurei Haramach
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 03 Feb 2011 10:44 #95598

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb zem shlita,

can u elaborate on your havana of the beshts' words, this is THE PRIMARY TACTIC? looking to understand,
    your disciple,
    your friend,
  your padawan,
  your blueberry muffin, 
                              Tzaddik90

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 03 Feb 2011 18:00 #95625

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
seems to me that it means that we get used to everything happening naturally, sun comes up, body functions, food growing, rain, snow, cars, everything, and we do not associate anything with Hashem willing it to work.
the Ramban writes at the end of parshas Bo that every natural function is as miraculous as a supernatural occurrence but the frequency of it dulls our senses to it.
The working of an eye, for example, are so stupendous that it should inspire us to no end. But we get used to it.
if we would feel the effect of Hashem acting upon us we would be a lot more aware and connected to Him, something the Yetzer hara wants to avoid at all costs.

just my two rusty cents

now please pass the blueberry muffins, thanks
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 03 Feb 2011 18:03 #95627

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Purim

Lehashmid laharog ule'abaid es kol hayehudim beyom echad.

Why did it matter to Haman if it takes one day to kill them or a few days?
Rebbe Shlomo Karliner answers: Haman worried that maybe Hashem would thwart his plans and the Jews would be saved and subsequently designate the day as a yom tov. He wanted the yom tov the Jews would make to be as small as possible - only 1 day!

Sefer Shema Shlomo
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 03 Feb 2011 18:28 #95636

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Parshas Terumah

מאת כל איש אשר ידבנו לבו, תקחו את תרומתי

The Baal Shem Tov taught that a person should learn from his desires to do pleasurable things and use the same type of intensity and drive for good purposes. Every person's heart has drives and desires which often manifest themselves negatively. They can be adapted and utilized for holy purposes.

Me'eis kol ish, every person, asher yidveno libo, according to his specific emotional characteristics, tikchu es t'rumosi.

Tiferes Shlomo
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes