Welcome, Guest

Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 37160 Views

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 23 Sep 2011 14:51 #120098

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Parshas Nitzavim Vayelech

ואנכי הסתר אסתיר את פני

The Rebbe Reb Bunim once asked the Chozeh MiLublin if the saying that people say - up gerechent iz halb batzoolt, making an accounting is half the payment - is true.

The Chozeh answered: yes it is. If a person has some merchandise of questionable origin outside the country (and therefore cannot import it through the border), if the king puts his stamp on it, it will be approved and allowed.

So too, if a person makes an honest reckoning of his situation, HKBH puts His stamp on him, chaosamo shel HKBH emes, truth is His stamp.

(kedai to see the text)

Siach Sarfei Kodesh
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 28 Sep 2011 15:26 #120646

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Rosh Hashana

The three Tefillos of Malchiyos, Zichronos and Shofros are parallel to the three Yesodos HaEmunah of Metziyus Hashem (Malchiyos), Sechar VeOnesh (Zichronos), and Torah MiSinai (Shofros).  As we recite these very special Brachos, let us do so slowly and meaningfully--every Pasuk, every word is important!  Our careful following of the Chazzan’s repetition--especially including each of the ten Pesukim of Malchiyos, Zechronos and Shofros--is as if we recited them again!  Remember--This is of the essence of Rosh Hashana!

from Hakhel email
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 03 Oct 2011 17:24 #120876

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Shabbos Shuva

Velo nomar od elokainu lemaaseh yadeinu asher becha yerucham yasom.

We all feel like orphans in some areas of life. Where we feel that we cannot rely on anyone/anything to get us what we need/want. Only our efforts and exertions can do the trick. That is wrong, asher becha yerucham yasom, we have a G-d, and it's not me (or you), and He is the One who pulls the strings and gets things done.
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 11 Oct 2011 16:33 #121799

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Sukkos

The Chidushei Harim says that because sukkos is "lemaan yaydu" - daas, and all year a person does not have daas because of his aveiros. After Yom Kippur he is clean and can attain daas. That's why its in Tishrei and not the in the Spring.

Siach Sarfei Kodesh
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 11 Oct 2011 17:22 #121804

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Sukkos

When Yaakov Avinu was saved from his encounter with Esav he built sukkos. So too, after Yom Kippur when we are saved from the Yetzer we build sukkos to stay out of his clutches.
That is the segula of sukkah, to stay out the hands of the Yetzer.

Reb Chanoch Henoch of Alexander zy'a
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 24 Oct 2011 16:48 #122355

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Parshas Vezos Habracha

Ulenaftali amar, Naftali sva ratzon umalei birchas Hashem yam vedarom yerasha

Chazal learn from the words 'yam vedarom yerasha' that one who derives pleasure from Shabbos will receive a 'nachla bli metzarim', an estate without boundaries. The beginning of the pasuk says that Naftali is satisfied with his blessings, sva ratzon umalei birchas Hashem.

On the surface it seems that it is the exact opposite of the nachla bli metzarim. One who is satisfied with his lot is not the owner of an unbounded estate, which seemingly keeps expanding ad infinitum.

The truth is that they are both two sides of the same coin. One who is happy and satisfied with what he has is the owner of an unbounded estate. Any possession will only provide happiness until the limitations and drawbacks of the given item become apparent. The Jones' (or the Schwartz's) will invariably have a bigger, better, shinier version. Someone who is happy with what he has is not concerned with the boundaries, limitations and drawbacks. So he is in a place with boundaries. That's a true 'nachla bli metzarim', an inheritance without the usual accompanying feelings of limitation and jealosy - bli metzarim.

(that is also the inyan of Shabbos, ke'ilu kol m'lachtecha asuya, being rather than becoming).
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 24 Oct 2011 17:52 #122386

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I know we just finished sukkos, but...  Perhaps this is also why the 3 weeks is called "bein hamitzarim".  I think I saw somewhere that sinas chinam is jealousy.  No one hates for no reason at all.  Sinas chinam is hatered that stems from jealousy.  Thus the feeling of being "bein hamitzarim".

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 24 Oct 2011 20:30 #122425

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
wow
hat's a great connection and a great idea
thank you!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 24 Oct 2011 20:37 #122426

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
During the Yomim Noraim and Sukkos many people make a resolution to change for the better. There is one change that every Jew makes, no matter his level.

That is to start saying Mashiv haruach umorid hageshem.

Message might be that we all need to let the spirit(ual) blow a little more and the material/physical (geshem) take a step down from it's position of dominance.

just a thought
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 25 Oct 2011 00:52 #122451

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 24 Oct 2011 20:37:

During the Yomim Noraim and Sukkos many people make a resolution to change for the better. There is one change that every Jew makes, no matter his level.

That is to start saying Mashiv haruach umorid hageshem.

Message might be that we all need to let the spirit(ual) blow a little more and the material/physical (geshem) take a step down from it's position of dominance.

just a thought

nice... thanx
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 25 Oct 2011 15:31 #122560

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
לתועלת הרבים ולחביבת הענין
Yosef Hatzadik's He'aros wrote:

Parshas Noach:

Vayar Cham avi Cnaan es ervas aviv [Yesh omrim sarso v'yesh omrim Rovoi (Rashi)]
Vayikach Shem v'Yefes ess hasimla vayasimu al shechem shneihem... v'ervas avihem lo rah'u (9:22-23)

Why did Cham succomb to the Yetzer Horah when saw the trigger, while Shem & Yefes were able to withstand the nisayon?

Why did Shem & Yefes need to cover their father together? Is a blanket too heavy for one person to lift on his own?

Cham was on his own; a person cannot withstand temptation when he is by himself!

Shem & Yefes came together because they were afraid of going alone!!!

'A shared load is an easier burden to bear.' -  Vayasimu al shechem shneihem!!!

"Avihem" may be translated "Wants", as in Lo "avah" Hashem Elokecha lishmoa el Billaam.
V'ervas avihem lo rah'u - The ervah of their desires/urges they did not see!!!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 25 Oct 2011 15:40 #122563

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
This a GEVADIG vort!

... & the effect that this affected is even GEVALDIGER!!! 

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 25 Oct 2011 15:41 #122564

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
May I use this thread to thank The Heiliger ZemirosShabbos for being my friend?

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 25 Oct 2011 15:46 #122568

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote

pleasure is mine

the real cause is singing bobover nigunim for shabbos chanuka on asara beteives and shavuos AND saying verter from parshas noach
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 25 Oct 2011 15:53 #122571

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
it is beautiful yosef
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes