Welcome, Guest
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 13 steps 5049 Views

Re: Here goes 01 Jul 2009 19:41 #7922

• me
Next come the rear guard, and behind them, the king himself.

OUR role, is to defend the King Himself

Dear 7Up.  I think that you described very accurately the battle formations that take place when an army prepares for a real fight. There is only one problem. You described the battle formation for a GOYISHE army....where the king is in the back in order to be protected.

BUTTTTTTTTTT.

The Am Hashem has a much different battle formation. The king is ALWAYS up front. He is the leader. He leads us in battle, and gives the army their strength while he fights along with them. And what about the King of Kings, the Ribbono Shel Olam. Does he need to be protected c'v? He is really in the front lines with us. Don't forget, the y"h cannot do anything with us unless he receives permission from the king. And, so if the king gives him permission....it must be for our good, and so it is the king himself that is WITH US in battle. He knows, and creates the battle plan. i.e. when we need to fight, and when we need to rest etc. The fighting,and the resting periods are all part of the battle.
  And let us not forget Dovid Hamelech. What a king. Was he unusually big like a giant. Huge muscles. 3 meters tall? NO!  So how did he beat Goliat. It wasn't his size. It was his attitude. He really let go and let G-d, so.....G-d did it all. This is how WE fight.
Last Edit: by יהודי חדש.

Re: Here goes 01 Jul 2009 19:50 #7927

• chl
bs"d

Thanks, E.L. That was beautiful!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Here goes 01 Jul 2009 19:54 #7928

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
R' Efshar,

Thank you for the words of nechama. Your Krias Yam Suf vort is beautiful. It's really touched me.
The army mashal is also right on target, but doesnt change the main point, which is that when there is internal fighting, NONE of the battalions will win the war. For when all is said and done, each unit is NOT independant. Each is part of the overall army, fighting a common cause with their specific kaylim

"aylu ve'aylu" never over-rides derech eretz

Personally, I always thought Guard to be a tzadik. Today, he 'proved' it beyond a doubt.

If you feel this should be posted elsewhere EL, please feel free to move it, or copy. But include your beautiful reply too.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by lakeboch.

Re: Here goes 01 Jul 2009 20:10 #7930

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Dear Me (?!),

A regular army sets its soldiers up in a well thought out battalion.

I wrote "regular" because I know Am Yisrael does the opposite.

The king is ALWAYS up front.

Is He? What about hester panim, when He is not 'out in front', rather 'hidden from sight'?

Does he need to be protected c'v?
?

Obviously Hashem Himself does not, BUT Protecting Kavod Shamayim IS our responsibility.
When Kavod Hatorah is being attacked, we do NOT "let go and let G-d" We fight with everything we have. C'V we should sit back and let Hashems name be dirtied or defiled. Of course Hashem can 'take care of himself' and doesnt need us to fight His battles. But He wants us to; to show Him how much we love Him, and even more importantly; to show OURSELVES how much we do.

Feel free to disagree - NICELY
Last Edit: by est80.

Re: Here goes 01 Jul 2009 20:14 #7931

• bardichev
:D
Last Edit: 01 Jul 2009 20:20 by .

Re: 13 steps 01 Jul 2009 20:29 #7935

• me
7UP,

I see that I didn't understand your point in what I was posting to. I thought when you mentioned the "winds blowing in" etc, that you were experiencing a yeridah..... Now, I believe that I have chopped what was bothering you. Anyway, since I wrote what I wrote, mistama it was meant to be written.

which is that when there is internal fighting, NONE of the battalions will win the war

PLease read this:

Rabbi Nachman zt"l has a Torah on machlokes b'ein haTzadikim. I am sure that you will agree that there are alot of Tzadikim here on this forum, (and Tzadeikisis)!

Why, (and especially in his time) did we see so much machlokes. One gadol saying terrible things about another. The chassidim of the other, who are protecting their Rebbe...start up with the chassidim of the other side, and etc.etc..

Rabbi Nachman taught a great Torah on this. I will leave out his Mareh M'komos which he always brings. But in short. It is HASHEM who does this. Yes, Hashem sends machlokes between the tzadikim in order to remove the kitrug from klal Yisroel. When there is a terrible kitrug on us, r"l, Hashem through his rachmonus, sends disharmony between the gedolim and this removes the kitrug. And he warns, "but this is not for us (the chassidim) to get involved".

So, I personally will say that the fact that we see/saw a little of this here is pure proof that our king (Hashem who IS behind this) is removing the kitrug so that we  WILL win the ultimate war... with the big y"h.
Last Edit: by Righty.

Re: 13 steps 01 Jul 2009 21:51 #7945

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Me,

My eyes see what you write b'shem Rav Nachman, but my heart is unwilling to accept. My shortcoming, not c'v his.
Last Edit: by amitaia.

Re: 13 steps 01 Jul 2009 22:09 #7946

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Rabbosei,

I have been doing some pretty serious soul searching the past few hours, and realize that an apology is in order.

BH, I rarely have the nisayon of being dan l'kav zchus. Rarely do I see the bad in people. Perhaps for this reason, Hashem has blessed me with many friends, and few enemies. Throughout the arguments and hurtful words which have now been erased from this forum (from the forum, yes; from hearts? I wonder.) I can honestly say that my opinion of every individual here has not changed. I still think you are all tzadikim trying to get closer to our Tatte in Shamayim.

It's time for the mechitza to go back up. Women are not invited into Batei Medrash for a reason. The way men discuss things l'shem shamayim is not the same approach as women. My personal pain was brought upon by myself, by stepping where I do not belong. Had I never 'peeked in', I would still be happily oblivious and would not have over reacted.

I sincerely hope that my 'mussar' posts did not hurt anyone. They honestly were not directed at any one specifically; rather towards the overall situation. I was out of place to write them at all. My whole life has been surrounded by arguing and machlokes, and I have become overly sensitive to the slightest hint of discord. This is MY problem, not yours.

Bli neder, I intend staying away, for my own sake. 

Kedoshim; keep fighting the fight l'shem shamayim, and may Hashem help us all become the avadim He needs.
Last Edit: by Dokbok2.

Re: 13 steps 01 Jul 2009 22:54 #7950

• bardichev
YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR NAME BUT REBBETZIN 7UP WILL BE ENSCISED HERE FOREVER

NOORAH WILL FIND YOU FROM THE TOP OF HIS LADDER

HE FOUND ME  YESTERDAY
Last Edit: by cholent.

Re: 13 steps 01 Jul 2009 23:42 #7954

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rebbitzen,

Really, Please don't take it all so serious.

You did nothing wrong! No need for regrets!

The musar was desperately needed & I'm sure it was all excepted B'Ahava by everyone, as you can see the feed back for yourself.

I'm sure that it will only make the GYE a better place.

We learn from our mistakes & that's how we become better people.

I'm sure that the kesher between all of us will become stronger & closer out of this.

Geb Ah Shmeichel
Ashrecho Yisroel
E.L.
Last Edit: by yidboy.

Re: 13 steps 02 Jul 2009 06:38 #7965

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Chachmas isha Bansa Beisa... You did great. We need someone like you Rebbitzin, to come in and cool the fires with a voice of Shalom and reason :-)

As a matter of fact, in honor of your doing such a great job on this forum and promoting Shalom and offering such great Chizuk, I just upgraded your status on this forum to GLOBAL MODERATOR. You can now edit and delete posts of others, and do many other cool things.  ;D

Mazal Tov!

Use your new found powers WISELY.  

(P.S. Small detail: As a global moderator, you are now tied to the GYE forum for life. Sorry if you thought you might one day "get a life" somewhere else).  ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2009 06:41 by getting out.

Re: 13 steps 02 Jul 2009 12:43 #7986

• chl
bs"d

Mazal Tov!

Well deserved!
Last Edit: by .

Re: 13 steps 02 Jul 2009 17:26 #8009

• yechidah
7up

I forced myself out of the safe walls of the Bais Midrash to say this

Your contribution is invaluable to this website.You were sent here for a purpose and staying away would not help.Being here and improving ourselves will.By helping others you are being helped.You will be lifted up by those whom you gave chizzuk to.We all need to weigh our words more carefully before we say them.But not saying anything at all is not a good option.Think of your words as bright healing light-it just needs a little more focus.It's not supposed to be withheld.we all could use it,so do not withold it.

Bless you and all the special neshomos here.We never know which words at which time can save a person's life.
Last Edit: by guardyoureyes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes