Welcome, Guest

Ezras Nashim
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Ezras Nashim 29396 Views

Re: Ezras Nashim 29 Jun 2009 19:05 #7655

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Very nice and true Vort. as usual.

what was it that you weren't sure about on this one?

E.L.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Ezras Nashim 29 Jun 2009 19:14 #7659

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Who am I to question Rav Pinkus zt'l, but was just wondering if that really is true.

Is a man really not affected any more than a 'simple' blemish as long as he also has learning and mitzvos? Perhaps I shouldnt be using the GYE community as an example as we're not the norm of society when it comes to reactions to stimuli, but from what Im sensing here, this is not the case. No one here seems to be 'moving beyond' as easily as is implied.
As a woman, in honesty I would probably have to agree unfortunately. I guess its a real mussar haskil for me to internalize. I've been wondering how Ive gone so wrong with some of my children when all I do is try 'mirror the kedusha' I strive for. I guess they've picked up the 'other side' of the mirror, the side that wallowed in shmutz. ANd I thought it was secret! A child's heart can always tell I guess:-(
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Ezras Nashim 29 Jun 2009 19:46 #7664

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
1st
I don't know how simple that Blemish is after all!

2nd
He might be referring to a Talmed Chochom or Bochor that has a small Yerida every now and then so its only a blemish or a few blemishes. But some one like me that got addicted to the extreme that it was taking over my life I'm not sure its only a blemish. and yes like your questioning it might become part of me.

About children I heard from Satmer Rebbe Z"L (Reb Yoil) that Matzah has to be "Shmira Mishas Ketzirah" from when they are cut. But Good Children has to be even before that "Shmirah Mishas Zriah" at the time that they are Seeded. The Zohar speaks about it a lot. and who from us can say that we were on the lookout then to make sure it was a secure download. V'Hameivin Yovin

But we cant go around blaming ourselves. I have seen Very Erliche parents struggling with there kids. just imagine how hard we adults are struggling on our own with the garbage out there. how my kids will fight it is beyond anything I can think of.

The answer is "Let Go & Let G-D" the only thing we can do is

1) Pray

2) set a good example.

3) Unconditional Love (I know its hard specially when we have other siblings at home. Talking from Experience with a sibling)

4) Did I say Pray?! yeah! Pray Pray & Pray

I also heard a great story about a couple that came to a Tzadik and asked for an Eitza Or Segulah to have Good Erliche Children.

So the Rebbe told them to "wash there faces 3 times a day!"

When the Rebbe saw that they were wondering how washing ones face 3 times a day has to do with having Erliche Children he told them.

"Not With Water Should You Wash Your Face, But With Tears!"  3 Times a day by Shmonei Esrei.

Efshar Letaken!
Chazak V'Emotz!
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2009 20:00 by levtaorbra.

Re: Ezras Nashim 30 Jun 2009 06:07 #7706

• TrYiNg
7up- I must say, you got me thinking. ( and all this time I've been saying to myself; Hey, after all , it's worse for the men..)
Last Edit: by yuriyuri.

Re: Ezras Nashim 30 Jun 2009 13:20 #7734

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
E.L.

Thanks for the perspective and chizuk.

I love the message about washing ones face 3 times a day, and Reb Yoel zt'ls insight is also very powerful.

And as you said, the bottom line never changes: daven, daven, and daven.
Last Edit: by caughtinshmutz.

Re: Ezras Nashim 06 Jul 2009 13:24 #8232

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Guys, how about posting something nice for us to grow with...?
Last Edit: by Shalom*.

Re: Ezras Nashim 06 Jul 2009 16:08 #8245

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
yes! it's awfully quite in here lately,

But I think we can always go back and reread previous D'Var Thorahs.

I think it helps internalize what we already read, & after all that is what we really need is to get it into are bones.

E.L.
Last Edit: by Unknowngye.

Re: Ezras Nashim 08 Jul 2009 19:43 #8401

• bardichev
                                  PARSHAS PINCHAS

"HEH" YOU NEVER KNOW
by bardichev

IN THIS WEEKS PARSHA WE FIND THAT RIGHT AFTER THE STORY OF PINCHAS KILLING ZIMRI

HASHEM COMMANDS MOSHE RABBEINU TO COUNT KLAAL YISROEL

THIS COUNT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE PREVIOUS COUNTS

BECAUSE THE FAMILIES ARE LISTED SEPERATELY

A VERY INTERSETING AND OBVIOUS "REMEZ" IS FOUND HERE

EVERY FAMILIES NAME IS PRECEDED BY A "HEH" AND FINISHES WITH A "YUD"

ALL THE MEFORSHIM EXPLAIN THAT HASHEM WAS BEARING WITNESS ON THE PURITY OF THE JEWISH FAMILY

SO THE OBVIOS QUESTION IS WHY DOES HASHEM REVERSE HIS NAME IT SHOULD BE FIRST A "YUD" THAE A "HEH" ??

ANSWERS THE KLI YAKAR  THAT THE WOMAN IS REPRESENTED BY "HEH" AND THE MALE IS "YUD"

BECAUSE THE WOMEN WERE MORE TZANUA THAN THE MEN AND SINCE THEY HAVE A GREATER ABILITY TO WARD OFF THE YH

THERE FORE THEY WERE ZOCHE TO BE PLACED AT THE HEAD OF THE JEWISH FAMILY

Last Edit: by Drsp.

Re: Ezras Nashim 08 Jul 2009 20:11 #8403

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Bardichev, you've outdone yourself on this one!
Well, the kli Yakar did at least.

Please keep them coming; they really make my day.

(And I love the 'title' you gave it!)
Last Edit: by ShomerNeshama418.

Re: Ezras Nashim 08 Jul 2009 20:35 #8406

• bardichev
its a new york phrase
Last Edit: by bisyatadishmaya18.

Re: Ezras Nashim 08 Jul 2009 21:35 #8410

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I just saw in the Zohar Parshas Shlach how the women have their own Hechalos in Gan Eden where they are osek in the Ta'amai Hatorah that they weren't Zoche to learn in this world (since they were Patur from Mitzvos ase she'hazman g'rama and from learning Torah). And the Tzadikim (men) have separate Hechalos, and the men and women are separate all day, but at Chatzos layla - the time of zivug - the men and women's neshamos - each one with their ben/bas zug - come together, and the light of one soul is nichlal in the light of the other...

And BTW, it says that each person looks as he/she did in this world, but with a Levush of light made from the Mitzvos they did in this world...

See you all there guys!  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 09 Jul 2009 11:16 by whyme?.

Re: Ezras Nashim 09 Jul 2009 03:24 #8421

• TrYiNg
Heh barditchev! Thanks for your inspiring words.

Guard, you made my day. Was always thinkin what we women would do there if we didn't learn any torah. About the second part, whats if your ben/bas zug wan't zocheh?

Re: Ezras Nashim 09 Jul 2009 07:10 #8429

• TrYiNg
I just read something  and I wanted to share it.

The three weeks and Tisha Ba’av are coming up.
In the Michtav Me’eliyahu , Rav Dessler says that the true separation of the shechinah  from the Jewish people is not demonstrated by the ruin of the Beis Hamikdosh. The destruction was only a symptom and sign of the fact that the Jewish people have already severed the connection attaching Hakodosh baruch hu to their hearts.

He writes that recognition of hashem in a person’s heart is the definition of hashem dwelling amongst Klal yisroel.  It says V’shachanti besocham, the torah is intimating “besocham”, within them, not “besocho”, among him- within each and every individual  Yid.

There can be a severance of connection , a galus of the Shechinah, from each individual jew , and also a galus of the shechinah from the entire Jewish people… c”v. When this state spreads throughout the nation , then that is churban.

This is the churban we should be crying for.

He goes on to say; If someone feels pain due to his lack of attachment to Hashem, and the pain is so profound it brings him to tears, then he has already achieved a reattachment between himself and HaKadosh Baruch Hu.

This has given me a nechama.
Have an Easy fast.

Last Edit: 09 Jul 2009 18:23 by bz.

Re: Ezras Nashim 15 Jul 2009 16:34 #8855

• bardichev
                                              PARSHAS MATTOS MAASEI

RUN FOR THE HILLS

I would like to present a torah thought on the topic of “arei Miklat” cities of refuge.
The torah teaches us that upon arriving in Eretz Yisroel to build cities of refuge for murderers who killed some one by accident.
The Torah tells us clearly “TACHIN LAHEM ES HADERECH” prepare proper signage so that one who needs to escape to the city of refuge can find his way without having to pull in to a gas station and say ‘ uhh uh I just killed someone do you know where I can find the local AREY MIKLAT??
Now here is the interesting thing by the mitzvah of aliya liregel we are told that there where no signs how to get to Yerushalayim. Interesting does that mean we are trying to help a murderer more than the t holy Jew on his way to the Bais MaMikdash??

The answer is two fold yes we want to hide the shame of the murdere and provide him cover so he can access the arey miklat without shame. The pilgrims to Yerushalayim
we want him to ask people directions in order to create a desire by those who were asked so they too should come along to visit the Bais HaMikdash!!

Here is a even more powerful  lesson when some one wants to do sur meira break away from bad we are told that the way is paved out for you .We do not care how you get there. What leads you to teshuva mussar, chassidus,music,meditation,personal problems, advanced age, near death experience, etc..as long as you get to the arey miklat .

On the other hand Avodas Hashem of assey tov the journey itself  IS the avodah!!!
We find that Hashem prides himself in the footsteps and even the colorful footwear
The Jews wore to ALIYA LiREGEL.Yes there are many paths that lead to Hashem each one is beautiful in their own right as beautiful as the multicolored shoes the Jews wore. Every color represents a DERCH a path in Avodas Hashem!!!

If any members of our esteemed Ezras Nashim would like to contact me I can be found here or Parsha tidbits or Bardichevs Battle.With all due respect.

HUMBLE AND HAPPY
have a wonderful Shabbos
bardichev

Last Edit: 15 Jul 2009 17:26 by TryingToGrow.

Re: Ezras Nashim 15 Jul 2009 17:24 #8860

• TrYiNg
Beautiful bardichev!
Last Edit: by TryingToGrow.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes