Welcome, Guest

Ezras Nashim
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Ezras Nashim 29388 Views

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Oct 2009 20:53 #24495

• bardichev
VACUUM CHECK
DUST THE SHELVES CHECK
PUT AWAY THE SIDDURIM CHECK
GLASSES BACK IN THE GLASSES BOX CHECK
OPEN A WINDOW FOR AIR CHECK

OK WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS

WELCOME TOF SHIN (OR SHEEN ) AYIN =EYE

I AM ONCE AGAIN GOING TO WELCOME EVERYONE BACK

THE POINT OF E.N. IS TO GIVE THOUGHT PROVOKING DIVREI TORAH WHICH IS "NOT" GEMARA BASED

THEY ARE NOT VERTLACH OR ANECDOTES
THEY ARE SPRING BOARDS FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION

I WILL USUALLY INSERT MY PERSONAL STYLE INTO THE NARRERATIVE

SO READ AND ENJOT

ONE FINAL NOTE: I AM AN ATTENTION FREAK (IF YOU HAVE NOT NOTICED)
I NEED FEED BACK!!

LETS ROLL

BERESHIS NOACH '09

THIS WEEKS AND LAST WEEKS TORAH PORTIONS DEAL WITH THE MOST FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES WE STRUGGLE WITH TO THIS VERY DAY

LETS JUMP IN HEAD FIRST

ADAM- CHANOCH- NOACH

WHAT DO THESE 3 HAVE IN COMMON

ALL 3 WERE TZADDIKIM

OK!

WHAT ELSE

THEY WERE ALL DIFFERENT THAN THEIR SOCIETY

BUT WHERE DOES THE SIMIALRITY END

IN  THEIR DEATH

WHUUU??

WHERE ARE YOU GOING BARDS??

ADAM THE MOST PERFECT PERSON THAT EVER LIVED

DID A "CHET'  HE WAS CHASED OUT OF GAN-EDEN HE LIVES HIS LIFE IN TESHUVAH AND HE SETS US UP FOR THE CONCEPT OF RETURN AND TO RECONNECT TO HASHEM

CHANOCH HE IS AN ANGELIC HUMAN THAT IS TOTALLY REMOVED FROM SOCIETY

HE IS SO PERFECT HE DOES NOT DIE JUST

POOF! HE IS GONE AND TAKEN TO HASHEM

NOACH NOACH NOACH

HER IT GETS DIFFICULT

NOACH IS CALLED A TZADDIK IN "HIS" TIME

IS THAT A COMPLIMENT OR NOT??

LETS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY

CHANOCH LIVED ABOVE AND REMOVED FROM HIS TIME AND SOCIETY

NOACH WAS PART OF HIS SOCIETY HE DEALT WITH IT

NOT IN AWAY THAT HE MADE SACRIFICES BUT HE WAS PART OF BIDOROSOV

THERE FORE HASHEM SAVED HIM WHAT DID HE DO HE BROUGHT SOCIETY TO HIM=THE TEIVAH

SO WE CAN BE ONE OF THE 3

1 A MALACH AN ANGEL LIKE CHANOCH

2 A BAAL TESHUVAH LIKE ADAM HARISHON

3 OR A TZADDIK IN OUR TIMES

PICK ONE!!
Last Edit: by YareiShamayim.

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Oct 2009 21:34 #24512

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Gevaldig as usual Rebbe Bard.

cant i pick all 3 ???
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by JoiShmoi.

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Oct 2009 21:42 #24516

• habib613
7Up wrote on 19 Oct 2009 21:34:

well malach is out, at least for me.
and tzaddik in my times? i don't think i have the strength for that.
and BT? i don't think i'll be able to do constant tshuva.
reb B, i need more choices.
Last Edit: by Shlomo1.

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Oct 2009 21:57 #24528

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
habib613 wrote on 19 Oct 2009 21:42:

7Up wrote on 19 Oct 2009 21:34:

well malach is out, at least for me.
and tzaddik in my times? i don't think i have the strength for that.
and BT? i don't think i'll be able to do constant tshuva.
reb B, i need more choices.

I agree Habib needs option 4 - ALL OF THE ABOVE.

(Now, no disagreeing with mom!)
Last Edit: by .

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Oct 2009 22:08 #24533

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
YAY! the EN is BACK in full swing! YEEEEEEEES!

bardichev wrote on 19 Oct 2009 20:53:

PICK ONE!!

midterm prep, habib!
please choose the correct answer

4  1 AND 2

5  1 AND 3

6  ALL OF THE ABOVE

7  NONE OF THE ABOVE

8 ONLY THE ODD NUMBERS

welcome to class
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by Goodfellas 1.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Oct 2009 05:45 #24575

• TrYiNg
Triple yay!!!!!!!!!!!
Thx bards. Gr8
Last Edit: by Want2bbtr.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Oct 2009 12:10 #24599

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
A thought fresh from today.

The raven didn't want to go when Noah send him because he accused Noah of planning bad things with his bas zug, whereas the Yonah had no problems at all.
The question is even if the Raven was a rasha and did not behave properly in the ark why did he think his bas zug would act out? and why didn't the Dove worry?
The answer is that the raven knew his partner was a rasha just like him and had good reason not to trust her, only he didn't believe that anyone is frum like most reshoim think that EVERYBODY is acting out like them.
The frum dove had no problem because he knew that Noah IS frum.

But here comes the punch line. It says in Sefer Chasidim that there were a chosid and a rasha in a town who divorced their wives and then married each the others. After a while an interesting thing happened, the chosid became a rasha and the rasha became a chosid.
A wife can change her husband completely! As Shlomo Hamelech says "the wisdom of the woman build her home".

In other words the credit and guilt of the Raven and Dove goes to their partners! No wonder the Raven didn’t trust his partner, he knew her well!
Last Edit: by Glam.

Re: Ezras Nashim 28 Oct 2009 20:48 #26142

• bardichev
                                          parshas lech lecha

THE NICE THING ABOUT THE BERAISHIS PARSHIYOS ARE THAT WE ALL KNOW THE STORY ON A BASIC OR EVEN ABOVE BASIC LEVEL

SO LETS SCRATCH A LITTLE BENEATH THE STORY

HASHEM TELLS AVRAHAM LECH LECHA GO!!

GO AND WHEREVER I TELL YOU TO GO THAT IN  PLACE YOU WILL GET ALL THE STUFF YOU DON'T HAVE YET

MONEY CHILDEREN  FAME

HERE IS THE QUESTION WHY IS THIS A CHALLENGE TO AVRAHAM

CHALLENGE=NISAYON=TEST

WE ALL KNOW THAT HASHEM TESTED AVRAHAM AVINU 10 TIMES

AND YHIS IS THE FIRST (OR SECOND )TEST

WHATS THE BIG DEAL??  STAY HERE NO MONEY NO FAMILY NO FAME??

GO THERE AND YOU HAVE IT ALL!!  WHERE IS THE CHALLENGE!!

DON'T TELL ME THE PASHUT ANSWER ,HASHEM DID'NT SAY "WHERE" TO GO .. I KNOW THAT TERUTZ

AND I KNOW YOU KNOW IT TOO. WE NEED TO DELVE INTO THE DEPTHS OF TORAH TO LEARN A PRACTICAL LESSON.

HERE GOES!!

YOU AND I KNOW THAT THIS WAS AVRAHAMS FIRST TEST BUT.. BUT.. AVRAHAM DIDN'T KNOW THAT THIS WAS A TEST!!!

THE POINT IS MY DEAREST FREINDS WE DON'T GET A 30 SECOND WARNING PSSSS.. YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE TESTED.. BE CAREFUL..BEWARE.. WATCH OUT .. DANGER ZONE..

NO NO NO  WE ARE PRESENTED CHALLENGES,TRIGGERS,SITUATION,OCCURANCES,MISTAKES,ACCIDENTS ETC

WE JUST FLOAT THROUGH THE EBB AND FLOW OF LIFE "WE ARE ASLEEP " WE NEED TO REALIZE THAT HASHEM SAYS PSSST... THIS IS A TEST ! PLEASE PASS THE TEST

Last Edit: by Tovlehodos.

Re: Ezras Nashim 28 Oct 2009 21:01 #26145

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
G38 I only saw oyour post now.

Love it. It has the ring of truth to it.

Reb Bard

May all our future nisyonos be only via smachos
- with all the tools needed to pass them easily!
Last Edit: by onelookless.

Re: Ezras Nashim 29 Oct 2009 09:12 #26180

• TrYiNg
May all our future nisyonos be only via smachos
- with all the tools needed to pass them easily!

Amen!!

thank you bardichev. This is soo important. If we would only realize "this is a test",we'd pass it with flying colors...
Last Edit: by Onan.

Re: Ezras Nashim 29 Oct 2009 11:21 #26193

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
Let me share with you what I wrote in another thread but its place is here.

The question is why in the beginning of this weeks parsha (Lech Lecha) does Rash"i first explain the latter part in posuk, where Avrom gets the blessing and promises, and only after that comes the explanation of the word מארצך which is earlier in the posuk?

There is this famous story of the Beis Yosef who struggled to answer a hard question till he finally came up with the answer.
When he presented the question to his yeshiva one of the pupils answered his answer straight away.
The Beis Yosef was very pained by the fact that this pupil guest straight away something which took him so long to come up with but his magid calmed him down that the answer was still his only that once he brought it to this world anyone can guess it but it is he who worked it out.

I saw a vort from the belze rov z”l this week that tsadikim sometimes get a set back in their avoidas Hashem and have to struggle, sometimes even like beginners, and one of the reasons is because in their struggle they come up with more tricks and ways how to beat the YH and then it is easier for the other strugglers to apply the same ideas. This explains the gemara about R' Amram, how such a great man could have such a nisayon? But once he shouted NOORAH he was saved and others as well (and we got such a special friend here on GYE) 

And this is what Rash”I hints to us, you may reach tremendous heights and goals and still start off again from the beginning.

I believe strongly that our holy fighters here are the beam of light spreading the war against the menuval in the world, even if people get clean through other means it is also due to the light originating here (I could do with some Guard anava, no?)

Therefore if one of our warriors gets a setback, besides it being part of a war, there is a higher reason for it.

Be strong dear soldiers, you are battling on behalf and for Klal Yisroel, even when you get down, so let your spirit be high and brave for you are and will win!

Last Edit: by candle.

Re: Ezras Nashim 29 Oct 2009 12:00 #26197

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
thank you reb b. and G
for the super divrai torah/ chizzuk!
i really like reading them!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by Addi.

Re: Ezras Nashim 08 Nov 2009 15:13 #27271

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Someone sent me the following in an email today.
Seems written just for us.

“The lawyer and the drowning girl”

A True Story told over by HaRav Fishel Schachter, Parshas Va’era, 2008

There was a chareidi family that took a vacation to Teveria. The wife and 2 daughters went down to the kineret to go swimming. The husband went to daven by Reb Meir Baal HaNeis. The girls start to wade in the water, and the older daughter steps too far in and is swept into a current, but she couldn’t swim, and begins to go under. The mother is watching as the daughter is pleading for her life, but the mother couldn’t swim. The mother runs onto the highway and is desperately trying to flag down cars for help. They are swerving around her, honking at her, screaming to get out of the road. Finally an elegant car stops and a well dressed man asks what’s happening. The mother screams my daughter is drowning. He throws off his coat and runs and dives into the water. The man’s wife is screaming to him saying,  “Remember you just had a heart attack.” He dives into the water and comes up with the little girl. The mother breathes a sigh of relief for a moment, until she realizes that this was the younger daughter who must have jumped in to save the older daughter. She screams “I have another daughter there!” He jumps back in and screams “Where is she? Where is she?” The mother is pointing to him, “Over there, over there.”  He dives to the bottom and begins to drag her limpless body to the shore, but now there are people on the shore, who are screaming “Her head is still in the water! Her head is still in the water. Lift it out!!!”  He lifts her head and puts it on his shoulder and brings her ashore. There was an arab man was on the beach, who started doing CPR on the girl. They called the ambulance and the ambulance crew said they took a pulse, but her head was in the water too long, there’s nothing they can do. They go off to the hospital, and the doctors say there’s no hope. The family began davening for a miracle. They’re waiting and waiting, davening. The Doctor took an MRI, and when he saw the results, runs back in and said, “I can’t believe it, regular brain activity resumed”. The daughter finally wakes up and leaves the hospital two days later. The doctors said they never saw anything like it, she was deprived of oxygen for so long, it was impossible to have this outcome.

A few days later, the family makes a Seudas Hod’ah (meal of thanks) to thank H” for the miracle, and wanted to invite the man who jumped into the water to save their daughter. They couldn’t find him, so thought maybe he called into the hospital to see how she was, and they were right. They found him. He was an attorney from a non observant kibbutz, with no connection to yiddishkeit his whole life. They invited him to the seudah and he told them this story. He was recovering from a heart attack before this incident, and he and his wife were headed up North for a vacation, when he saw this chareidi woman in the street. His wife said keep driving, she’s a meshuganah, but he said she looks desperate, so decided to help. He told the family that he had been sick for awhile, and used to be an Olympic swimmer, but hadn’t swam in YEARS. But just last week, as part of his therapy for the heart attack, he was in a hotel that had a pool, and he started to swim laps during the week. His wife was yelling at him that it was dangerous, and he told her that for some reason, he felt that he had to do this for some reason. He felt that he just loved it. He told them that If he hadn’t done this he wouldn’t have been in shape enough to rescue their daughters. “So I jumped in and saved your first daughter, but then you told me there’s another daughter. I went back in, and as I was pulling your 2nd daughter to shore, and realized that I didn’t bring her head above the water, I was going out of my mind – during those crucial last few moments, I didn’t bring her head above the water, I was going out of my mind.” Afterwards, I came home and cried to my wife, “I killed that girl.” My wife said what are you talking about, you saved her, you risked your life. “But I’m so stupid, I didn’t take her head out of the water.” No, she said, you just didn’t realize. “NO, She died because of my stupidity” I said, “It was my fault, she would have lived!”. So I ran back to that place, and climbed to the top of a mountain, and I said, “Ribbono Shel Olam, never in my life did I pray to you. I was raised on a kibbutz, and laughed at prayer. I wouldn’t be caught dead praying, I would have been so embarrassed. G-d, this is the first time in my life I’m praying to you. I’ll never be able to live this down. I won’t be able to go on. PLEASE, H”, consider it as if I prayed to you my whole life, and combine all those prayers that I could have said, and use them to save this girl. Please G-d” He continued to tell the family, that “I went back home and called the hospital, and they told me that an hour ago (as I was saying this prayer) she woke up!”

Think about this story, was he a hero b/c he took off his jacket and jumped in? Was it that he jumped in twice? Where was the gift of life? It was at the moment that he said “I blew it, I tried and I tried and blew it.” Instead of falling to despair, he took that broken heart, and instead of letting it turn into depression and sadness, he converted it into Tefillah. A tefillah that he never had before in his life. And miracles came from it. There are moments in life that we think we blew it. We have to realize that those very moments, if used correctly, are the seeds for redemption, Moshiach, refuah and yeshuah for everyone.

-Transcribed from a shiur by Rav Fishel Schachter, shlita

Last Edit: by qsccsq.

Re: Ezras Nashim 12 Nov 2009 20:16 #28027

• bardichev

THIS WEEKS TORAH PORTIOHIGHLIGHTS TWO OF OUR "IMAHOS" SARAH IMEINU AND RIVKAH IMEINU

WHEN WE TALK ABOUT THE AVOS AND IMAHOS WE NEED TO KEEP IN MIND THE CONCEPT

"IF OUR FATHERS ARE LIKE ANGELS WE ARE LIKE PEOPLE  BUT.. IF OUR FATHERS ARE LIKE PEOPLE WE ARE LIKE DONKEYS" SO WE MUST BE CARFUL NOT TO MINIMIZE THE GADLUS OF OUR FATHERS AND MOTHERS

OK

SARAH IMEINU LIVED 127 YEARS

THE TORAH SAYS SHE LIVED 100 YEARS 20 YEARS AND 7 YEARS

RASHI EXLPAINS SHE WAS AS BEAUTIFUL AT 100 AS SHE WAS AT 20 AND AT 20 AS AT 7

YOU ALL KNOW MY bardichver STYLE AND I REALLY GET UPSET WHEN PEEOPLE SAY THAT THERE ARE MANY EXPLANATIONS WHAT BEAUTY IS

THE PASHUT PSHAT IS SIMPLE SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL (IN THRE EZRAS NASHIM I TRY NOT TO QUOTE GEMARA BUT THE GEMARA SAYS SARAH WAS ONE OF THE FOUR PRETTIEST WOMEN IN THE WORLD 1000 GYE POINTS FOR THE OTHER 3)

OK LETS STAY FOCUSED WHY THE EMPHASIS ON SARAH IMEINUS BEAUTY ?? WHERE IS THE PROPHECY THE CHESSED THE KIRUV THE MESIRRAS NEFESH?? THE TZNIUS??

ANOTHER QUESTION ,WHY BREAK IT UP IN LITTLE PIECES 100,20, 7??

THE ANSWER MY DEAREST FRIENDS IS SIMPLE AND IT HAS A PRACTICAL LESSON

REAL BEAUTY IS WHEN THE INTERNAL BEAUTY AND THE EXTERNAL BEAUTY  'SHTIMM' OR ARE 'IN SYNC'

SOME PEOPLE ARE BLESSED WITH EXTERNAL BEAUTY,SOME WITH INTERNAL, SOME WITH ALITTLE OF EACH ETC.

WHEN THE INTERNAL AND THE EXTERNAL ARE "PERFECTLY BEAUTIFUL" THAT IS A BLESSING

SARAH IMEINU IS THE MOTHER OF ALL OF US!!

SHE WAS AS PRETTY AT 100 AS SHE WAS AT TWENTY,THE TORAH DOESN'T SAY SHELOOKED LIKE A 20 YEAR OLD NO HER 100 YEAR OLD INNER BEAUTY WAS PERFECT WITH HER 20 YEAR OLD  EXTERNAL

AND HER 20 YEAR OLD EXTERNAL BEAUTY WAS AS INNOCENT AS THE BEATY OF A 7 YEAR OLD THAT HAS NO SIN

HAVE A HAPPY AND UPLIFTING SHABBOS

MAY WE BE ZOCHE TO GO IN THE PATH OF OUR 'IMAHOS"
bardichev
Last Edit: by CoachYK.

Re: Ezras Nashim 13 Nov 2009 03:25 #28104

• habib613
A+
beautiful.
Last Edit: by MiriamShlepper.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes