Welcome, Guest

Ezras Nashim
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Ezras Nashim 29391 Views

Re: Ezras Nashim 12 Aug 2009 19:59 #11841

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Efshar Letaken wrote on 12 Aug 2009 19:53:

Reb B.

this weeks haftoireh says "Ki Besimche Seitseiu"

Zugt Rashi, Min Hagolus!

E.L.

Now thats a vort for the neshama!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by mimaamakim.

Re: Ezras Nashim 12 Aug 2009 20:24 #11852

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
K, someone just forwarded this to me and I think its perfect for GYE. Im too lazy to paraphrase it, so here it is basically in totality:

Parshas Re'ai
Rabbi S. Borinstein

The Torah warns us that if a loved one passes away it is forbidden to make cuts in our bodies as a sign of mourning. The Pasuk containing this prohibition begins by stating that we are children of HaShem. The Meforshim explain that although it’s a difficult time and we don’t always understand why someone dies, when they do, we have faith in our Father that he knows what is best for us. Just like a small child doesn’t understand why his father may punish him for trying to put a wire in an electrical outlet, he accepts the punishment and continues to love his father. So too, we don’t get carried away and start cutting ourselves out of grief. We remain aware that our Father cares about us and all is for the best.

In addition, the Gemora explains that there are three partners in the creation of every child - the father, the mother, and HaShem. The father and mother each contribute five things to the new child while HaShem puts in ten! He is the senior partner. Therefore, although the Torah understands the need for mourning over a parent (and there are many Halachos in the Shulchan Aruch governing it), a person has to remember that the senior Parent is still with him. Part of the Shiva week is for focusing on how to create a closer relationship with Him. We’re never alone. There’s always a parent we can turn to.

These explanations for not cutting ourselves may also help us explain something perplexing about this Mitzvah. In general the Torah doesn’t give reasons for the Mitzvos. HaShem gives commandments and we follow. Over here however not only does the Torah tell us the reason for the Mitzvah, that we are children of HaShem, but it continues and gives two other reasons as well. The next Pasuk states that the reason we shouldn’t cut ourselves is because we are a Holy Nation and that HaShem has chosen us. (The Malbim says that these are two different reasons.) Why does the Torah find it necessary to give so many reasons for this Mitzvah?

Perhaps we can explain as follows. There’s probably no more depressing time in a person’s life than when someone they love passes away. There’s a natural feeling of loneliness and a feeling of not wanting to continue. Life will never be the same. How can I go on? Comes the Torah to tell us that we still have a Father who loves us very much, more than even a human parent. He’ll take care us just like every parent takes care of his child.

But sometimes we stray a bit and don’t build up the relationship with Him that we should. We don’t feel that Father-child Kesher and are left wondering if we really deserve His love on a private one-to-one relationship. Once again we are depressed. The Torah informs us that even if we don’t feel that we deserve the love of our Parent up above, if we are a part of Klal Yisrael that’s enough to ensure His love. Since we are a Holy Nation, unlike the other nations, HaShem will be with us at all times. There’s no reason for depression.

But what happens when we sin and fall from our holy status? Surely at that point we are alone and that feeling of giving up hope will overcome us. Maybe at that point we can start cutting ourselves out of total grief. The Torah gives one more reason for this prohibition. We are a chosen nation. Even if we sin, even if we don’t deserve His love, He has already chosen us for eternity and will always be there waiting for us to return. There’s never a reason for giving up because there is always a Father who loves us and will never give up on us. There’s no reason for making cuts out of despair. Just look up above and you’ll see that you are never alone.

Last Edit: by ElpisIsrael.

Re: Ezras Nashim 13 Aug 2009 20:02 #12149

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
bardichev wrote on 12 Aug 2009 14:29:

DEAR EZRAS NASHIM
A LITTLE FEEDBACK??

Last Edit: by leoleo.

Re: Ezras Nashim 13 Aug 2009 20:04 #12150

• bardichev
working on it rebbetzin
Last Edit: by mosmas2001.

Re: Ezras Nashim 14 Aug 2009 00:09 #12252

• Pintele Yid
7Up wrote on 12 Aug 2009 20:24:

But sometimes we stray a bit and don’t build up the relationship with Him that we should. We don’t feel that Father-child Kesher and are left wondering if we really deserve His love on a private one-to-one relationship. Once again we are depressed. The Torah informs us that even if we don’t feel that we deserve the love of our Parent up above, if we are a part of Klal Yisrael that’s enough to ensure His love. Since we are a Holy Nation, unlike the other nations, HaShem will be with us at all times. There’s no reason for depression.

But what happens when we sin and fall from our holy status? Surely at that point we are alone and that feeling of giving up hope will overcome us. Maybe at that point we can start cutting ourselves out of total grief. The Torah gives one more reason for this prohibition. We are a chosen nation. Even if we sin, even if we don’t deserve His love, He has already chosen us for eternity and will always be there waiting for us to return. There’s never a reason for giving up because there is always a Father who loves us and will never give up on us. There’s no reason for making cuts out of despair. Just look up above and you’ll see that you are never alone.

I like the train of thought but I would modify it a bit.

#1 Reason - Maintain Kesher with Hakodosh Baruch Hu. Great
#2 Reason - We are a Holy Nation and therefore the Kesher is still there - even if you don't feel it.
#3 Reason - We are chosen and even if we sin, the Kesher is still there.

Bottom line is that no matter what you do to reck your soul, (not that you can even if you try) the Pintele Yid never leaves The Kesher is still there.

Pintele Yid
Last Edit: by MarkusDorkus.

Re: Ezras Nashim 16 Aug 2009 21:15 #12586

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
I like that. You need a match/ candle for you avatar, pintele!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by duncan.

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Aug 2009 15:09 #13308

• bardichev
                                  NEW TOPIC TESHUVA '09

I POSTED THIS IN PHOTO ALBUM BUT IT BELONGS HERE

I NEED NEED NEED YOU FEED BACK

I HOPE THIS WILL BE A DISCUSSION THAT WE AN GROW FROM

b

I WILL GET TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER

LADIES, ESPECIALLY WE WERE ALL TAUGHT (OR FORCE FED) THAT DOING

TESHUVAH IS THIS HUGE OMG HARD WAY OUT DEEP HASHKAFA THINGY.

HERE YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF EX-P**n ADDICTS TELLING YOU TO FIGHT THE YH

WITH LOGO PICS SUSHI TRADITION SOUP SONGS GRAMMEN JOKES!

HELLO WHATS GOING ON ??

WHO IS RIGHT ?  "MORAH RIGHT" or a tzadekkes who calls herself 7up?

or "Rebbetzin Strictasaruler" or Mr.b

or "rosh yeshiva of yeshivas pie in the sky" or E.L.

think about it
I have an answer
I would love hear your.....
stay tuned....

bardichev happier than ever!!!!!!
Last Edit: 19 Aug 2009 15:19 by BezH.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Aug 2009 02:07 #13399

• TrYiNg
I understand your point , bardichev, but tshuva is a 'deep hashkafa thingy'.
LOGO PICS SUSHI TRADITION SOUP SONGS GRAMMEN JOKES, help along the process, ONCE YOUR ON THE WAY. But first must come introspection , getting in touch with yourself, understanding your weaknesses , admitting your mistakes, 4 steps of tshuvah...
Once we're done with kabalah al ha'osid, we must not dwell on the past and be be'atsvus. On the contrary,we must be hopeful and confident that we will do it right this time, be'zh.

This is how i understand it. Am I making any mistake?
Last Edit: by Peregrinus.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Aug 2009 03:16 #13406

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shomaim News-Sports Section

TryinG hits a home run.
Last Edit: by samsungi.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Aug 2009 03:19 #13407

• TrYiNg
Last Edit: by Kevin4.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Aug 2009 03:29 #13410

Trying,
we are waiting for Bardichev's drumroll conclusion... where he is going to convince us for good that teshuva is not this somber state of affairs, but rather a process of coming close to Hashem.
At least, I think that is what he is going to say.

Anyway, I think Dr. B's trying to build up the suspense...

BTW, did you see yechida's latest post in the name of the Lubavitcher Rebbe?

Best regards,

kutan,

Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: by sholomp.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Aug 2009 03:34 #13411

• TrYiNg
Am waiting too.
running off to check out yechida's thread...
Last Edit: by cgw.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Aug 2009 04:35 #13418

• bardichev
am I that predictable?
Last Edit: by yba.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Aug 2009 04:51 #13421

• TrYiNg
Ya betta believe it :D NU?
Last Edit: by mc2.

Re: Ezras Nashim 20 Aug 2009 08:27 #13438

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
bardichev wrote on 20 Aug 2009 04:35:

am I that predictable?

Its not that you're predictable, rather, as my Rebbe says, its a sign of true talmidim. A real talmid knows his Rebbes mehalech so well, that after a while, can basically predict what he would say in every situation!

Nu, so lets see if we are correct Rebbe....
Last Edit: by Howie7.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes