Welcome, Guest

Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA"
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 20928 Views

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 29 Jun 2009 19:08 #7657

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Q. Were Do Frum Alcoholics Go After 120?

A. Olam Ha'Booz!

E.L.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 29 Jun 2009 20:07 #7667

• me
I always thought they went to Olam HaShiker.
Last Edit: by BMW.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 29 Jun 2009 20:24 #7668

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
me,

Gr8 comeback line.

Its actually makes more sense what your saying.

But to Farentfer it we can say that they are both true.

The Maan De'Omaar that says that they go to Olam Ha'Booz is talking about a Alcoholic that did Teshuva and went to his AA meetings regularly.

And the Maan De'Omaar that says that he goes to Olam Ha'Shiker is referring to the Alcoholic that OD'd & never worked on the Addiction.

E.L.
Last Edit: by elon05276.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 29 Jun 2009 21:12 #7670

• me
My only question is:

Which maan De'Omaar do we go like?

I guess for one who drinks enough, it doesn't make a difference.
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2009 21:37 by .

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 16 Jul 2009 14:23 #8939

7Up, how DID you think of that name.
;D
It is phenomenal.

And thank you for the recall post.

A speaker once said that with a mashul you can sneak in all types of good things that the listener would normally reject.
If the mashal is interesting, the listener sits there with a mouth hanging open, and then you stuff in the vitamins, broccoli and spinach that they would normally never touch.

kutan
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 17 Jul 2009 18:12 #9016

• Pintele Yid
me wrote on 29 Jun 2009 21:12:

My only question is:

Which maan De'Omaar do we go like?

I guess for one who drinks enough, it doesn't make a difference.

This reminds me of the tragic story of "The Volpe". He was one of the prominent Talmidim of the Magid of Mezritch and supposedly due to his unbelievable intellect, he and the Baal Hatanya, were the only ones who were able to stay totally in control from start to finish when the Magid would say a Maymar Chasidus. The others would go into various levels of ecstasy and lose their identity.

The Volpe was an extremely poor man. One day he and the Baal Hatanya were at his shack and the roof was half caved in. He sighed and said to the Baal Hatanya, "Volt ich gehat a bessera Shtib", meaning "what would be if I had a nicer house". The Baal Hatanya responded, "By Deer Kricht a Vermul" meaning by you is crawling a worm.

Unfortunately soon afterwards, the Volpe fell hard. He started to drink heavily and became an alchoholic. He left the chabura and was never seen for years. One day many years later, he visited the house of a gadol (I don't remmember who), and after speaking with him, the Gadol thought that he might be "The Volpe".

When the Volpe went to releive himself, his host starting going through his bags. On his return, the Volpe saw what his host was doing and said to him. "If you are looking for Mamorim from the Magid, forget it. When the Magid used to say Mamorim, the Talmidim melded into his consciousness. There was never a need to take notes".

The lesson I take from this story is that as a result his connection with the Magid and his Talmidim, the Volpe was almost always experiencing a high. Even on his high level, somehow the Tavas Olam Hazeh for Gashmius crawled in and spiritually severed his connection with the Heiliga Chabura. He then had to search for a counterfeit high and reached for the Mashke.

Hashem should help that we should always choose the real thing!

Another story.

The Baal Shem Tov used to have a Shikur attend his daily morning Minyan. He never Davened, but sat their quietly. People once asked him that since he doesn't Daven, why does he regularly attend the Minyan? He answered that he doesn't know why, but after sitting through the Davening of the Baal Shem Tov, the Mashke he drings immediately after the Davening has a taste that is far above the Mashe he drinks at any other time!

Have a "real" Shabbos!

Pintela Yid 
Last Edit: 17 Jul 2009 18:17 by Lochaim.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 19 Jul 2009 16:02 #9073

• me
A guy goes to a Kosher restaurant, and he orders 150 portions of Shnitzel, (fried chicken breasts). The waiter was a little taken back at the size of this order, and he asked the customer, "are you eating this alone?",  "NO" replied the customer...I'm having it with rice!" ;D
Last Edit: 20 Jul 2009 06:26 by dans41.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 19 Jul 2009 22:22 #9094

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Efshar Letaken wrote on 23 Jun 2009 23:27:

Its a shtikel on the brink but I will let it pass if no one objects to it.

E.L.

Great! Thanks! I also don't laugh much, but these were good.
Last Edit: by irvinggardner.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 21 Jul 2009 20:48 #9256

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Talking about Kedushe I just remembered a story I heard.

The Satmer Rebbe Reb Yoil once met a Bochur that was in his early 20's not married & not looking yet, so he asked him what's with the "Ben Shmonei Esrei L'Chupa"? to what the Bochur replied "I'm Davening a long Shmonei Esrei!"

So the Rebbe tells him "If You Daven A Long Shmonei Esrei You Might Miss Kedusha!"

E.L.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 21 Jul 2009 20:54 #9257

Thank You, EL!
I've heard many witty stories from the Satmar Rav, but never that one... its really good!
k
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: by yosefbenyakov.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 21 Jul 2009 21:01 #9259

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
EL,

That was a good one! I approve

Keep 'em coming  :D
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 24 Jul 2009 00:00 #9600

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Efshar Letaken wrote on 21 Jul 2009 20:48:

Talking about Kedushe I just remembered a story I heard.

The Satmer Rebbe Reb Yoil once met a Bochur that was in his early 20's not married & not looking yet, so he asked him what's with the "Ben Shmonei Esrei L'Chupa"? to what the Bochur replied "I'm Davening a long Shmonei Esrei!"

So the Rebbe tells him "If You Daven A Long Shmonei Esrei You Might Miss Kedusha!"

E.L.

Knockout.  Typical of the Satmar Rov ztvkllhh.

Last Edit: 24 Jul 2009 00:07 by yoyid.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 28 Jul 2009 12:47 #9938

• chl
bs"d
:D :D :D
Great thread! I hope it'll pick up again after 9b'av, or even better on 9 b'av itself (may Hashem let us celebrate it as a Yom Tov from now on!!!)

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 29 Jul 2009 02:52 #10019

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
I was at the drug store the other day when a guy walks in and asks, how many Suppositories come in a box? To which the guy behind the counter says 12.

Well then give me 10 boxes, he says.

I look at him in shock & say, I hope you don't mind me asking but why so many?

So he tells me that he has Yurtsat on T'sha B'Av & wants to give L'Chaim & Tikun for the Oilom!

E.L.
Last Edit: by mattt58.

Re: Milsa D'Badichase / Vertlach / Derech Melitsa - "SIMCHA" 29 Jul 2009 06:01 #10037

• me
I knew someone that just could not go without his daily cup of coffee. So, everytime a fast day came, he was really nervous. He actually came up with the same idea...using a supository to have his sacred cup. But, when he told me he used 3 supositories I had to ask why.
  He explained, one is for the coffee, and the other two are for the milk, and sugar.
Last Edit: by Ruthshoshani770.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes