Welcome, Guest

Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger?
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 563 Views

Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 07 Jul 2021 19:30 #370585

• michoelyehoshua
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all,
Does anyone know of anything in Kabbalah or science (real science, not secular pseudo-science) supporting the idea that pgam habris leads a person to increased anger or irritability? 

Re: Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 07 Jul 2021 22:10 #370593

• yoina mutzhoo
  • Current streak: 1542 days
  • Expert Boarder
Addiction is basically a lack of emotional regulation. and that will effect in many areas in life. 

Hatzloocha

yoinala

Re: Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 08 Jul 2021 05:01 #370610

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Also the feeling of not being in control can be extremely frustrating.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 08 Jul 2021 11:54 #370615

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
michoelyehoshua wrote on 07 Jul 2021 19:30:
Hello all,
Does anyone know of anything in Kabbalah or science (real science, not secular pseudo-science) supporting the idea that pgam habris leads a person to increased anger or irritability? 

What do you mean by real science / secular pseudo - science?  
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 

Re: Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 08 Jul 2021 12:09 #370616

The concept is brought down in Sifrei Breslev (Sichos Moharan and Kedushas Yisroel). Regarding research, see wiki.guardyoureyes.com/Understanding_Masturbation
There's Life Beyond Addiction

Re: Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 08 Jul 2021 19:32 #370625

• michoelyehoshua
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Fresh Boarder
As I start again to try to pull myself out of my pgam habris problem, I am almost just mourning particularly at how irritable, on edge, and angry I've been. Haser Kaas milibecha... I feel like I brough this toxic anger into me. I want to detoxify myself from it. 

Re: Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 08 Jul 2021 20:39 #370629

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
michoelyehoshua wrote on 08 Jul 2021 19:32:
As I start again to try to pull myself out of my pgam habris problem, I am almost just mourning particularly at how irritable, on edge, and angry I've been. Haser Kaas milibecha... I feel like I brough this toxic anger into me. I want to detoxify myself from it. 

In my own experience, those feelings have another name: guilt. The self hate and anger they can cause can destroy a person and his marriage.
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 

Re: Is Pgam Habris associated with increased anger? 08 Dec 2021 22:53 #374850

I can definitely get more irritable with others after falling because of what I did. It's like if you broke shabbat (accidently) then you get more irritable with other people. Or at least that's how it is for me. It's not too good of a mida so I just stay in my room after doing it to prevent that from happening. 
I do have another problem with another bad mida of mine after falling, and that is arrogance. For whatever reason I start to think delusional thoughts and it's rooted in arrogant thinking. It gets my mind off from doing teshuvah by thinking about my future in a different way other than to do teshuvah, and in a much more goyish way. An example: I'll get a certain job or have conversations with certain people, usually women, and thinhs spiral from there. They don't get inappropriate in the sense of P and M but it is just arrogant stuff. I can't really describe it in much detail but i can say that it takes my mind off from doing teshuvah. If there are any palces where I can study how not to be arrogant let me know. 
By the way going back to anger again, I heard that a disciple of the Arizal once said that when you get angry you allow for impure spirits to enter you and so you more or less put yourself under control of the yetzer hara. (source below at 1:50) Now this may be different from irritability, but that is just a less severe form of anger. Getting angry can therefore actually lead you to do the sin again or sin in other regards. Solving this is easier said than done though as i myself get irritable after doing the act or just watching, I just stay in my room so it doesn't manifest as it manifests when I interact with other people generally. 

Sources: (Title: Spiritual damage) (time stamp: 1:50) (it's a good shiur just watch only 5 min total)
Anger Management Course to Curb Negative Character Traits (torahlive.com)
FOR FREE FILTERS AND ACCOUNTABILITY SOLUTIONS CLICK HERE
(Includes WebChaver/CovenantEyes, Microsoft Family Safety, and Apple
Screentime
and a how-to guide to set them up without loopholes)  

Even if you already have a filter, these are necessary additions because
they fix many loopholes that exist with paid filters (speaking from firsthand
experience) and because they add priceless accountability features.

If you have trouble filtering a shared device, then see the post for how
to get these filters discreetly, without any other users' knowledge whatsoever
and without the filters affecting the other users of the device at all.
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2021 01:51 by To Yosef Hatzaddik.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes