Welcome, Guest

Shiruim suggestions
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shiruim suggestions 1644 Views

Shiruim suggestions 02 Sep 2019 12:20 #343325

• eish emes
  • Current streak: 123 days
  • Expert Boarder
I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I have a hour commute each way. Instead of listening to garbage on the radio, which even clean stuff like the news has triggers sneaking in, I want to start listen to Torah I can download on my phone. B”H chizuk and mussar there’s plenty available all over the place. But I want to also listen to stam Torah. Ideally I’m looking for an ongoing shiur series that goes through a sighuah, maybe one that is Albah d’Hilchasa that’s up to an hour and in English. Any suggestions? 
My story https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/343353-Eish-Emes-intro

Feel free to contact me privately for connection and support forbsw@gmail.com.

Re: Shiruim suggestions 02 Sep 2019 12:39 #343326

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Eish Emes wrote on 02 Sep 2019 12:20:
I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I have a hour commute each way. Instead of listening to garbage on the radio, which even clean stuff like the news has triggers sneaking in, I want to start listen to Torah I can download on my phone. B”H chizuk and mussar there’s plenty available all over the place. But I want to also listen to stam Torah. Ideally I’m looking for an ongoing shiur series that goes through a sighuah, maybe one that is Albah d’Hilchasa that’s up to an hour and in English. Any suggestions? 

Definitely appropriate. It's the Beis Medrash Forum after all. Your resolve is greatly commendable. May you be Matzliach.

Check out, Torah Anytime, Kol Haloshon, YU Torah, OU Torah, The Shmuz, etc... There is so many English Shiurim available.

p.s. YUTorah is probably what you are looking for. The shiurim are set up in series's and there is a Contemporary Halacha series, as well as a 20 Min Halacha class, as well as advanced classes in Halacha.

Hatzlacha
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com
Last Edit: 02 Sep 2019 13:11 by lionking. Reason: Added the p.s.

Re: Shiruim suggestions 02 Sep 2019 16:38 #343336

• lovingpapa
  • Current streak: 321 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Highly recommend this series.  Very pointed and directly on the subject of struggles, urges, real world perspective and examples.  
Although the series has many shiurim every one of them is gem and don't be intimidated by the quantity of them.  Just start 1 and see if it calls out to you.   It has changed my life 

www.yutorah.org/lectures/lecture.cfm/850562/rabbi-moshe-weinberger/chaburas-yosef-hatzaddik-(1)/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes