Welcome, Guest

Halacha shailah...
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Halacha shailah... 7652 Views

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 01:55 #33366

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, bro, welcome!

I absolutely agree that the focus needs to be on dealing with the addiction. However, like you said - halacha should still be followed, as much as possible.

At the same time, though, what I think rage is saying is that we can't forget that the halacha that we follow isn't enough. We need to treat the disease, and deal with the main issue. Which, by the way, Rage - is also the halacha, I believe.

I don't think anyone would say that you should willfully not follow halacha to make sure that you feel guilty enough to remember that you're an addict.
Last Edit: by akmz.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 06:51 #33395

• jerusalemsexaddict
Jerry Seinfeld: Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash.
Last Edit: by ales gits.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 06:55 #33396

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Well said, Uri...  :D

But what about while the body is in the bathtub full of acid? It's going to take time to fully dissolve anyway, so in the meantime, might as well clean up everything else, too!

Do I sound like I know too much about the proper procedure for that kind of thing...?
Last Edit: by dovid goldberg .

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 08:37 #33409

• Tomim2B
Dear Kollel Guy,

Before we heard of GuardYourEyes we felt alone in our world. We felt that we’ve been living double lives struggling with a problem that we’ve kept secret for so long.  Intrenched deep in our pursuit - caught by the grips of lust, some of us have come to believe that our lives have become unmanageable. Still, deep in shame and embarrassment, we have felt that there was no-where to turn for help. But then, when we came across GuardYourEyes and found that there are others exactly like us, we discovered the tools, guidance, and support to find freedom from what ails us! This is our story, and now it's yours!

Kollel Guy, welcome to our community!  Why don’t you take off your coat, get comfortable, and stay a while! I’m glad you’re here! And in no time, you’ll get to meet all the wonderful people who stand to your support!

We invite you to have a look around, sift through the many threads, and make use of the tools that GuardYourEyes has to offer. If you’d feel comfortable opening up and sharing, I can assure you that this is the greatest step you can make towards recovery! So go ahead, pull out your keyboard, and get writing!

As long as you’re here, we'll be standing by your side, fighting alongside you! And let me tell you: there aint no turning back!

I’ll be available for most hours of the day, so you can send me a shout-out anytime, right here on the site, or via email at: Tomim2B@gmail.com.

I wish you much success and blessing in your journey, and may we soon see the brilliant light that you’re about to bring into the world!

With love,
2B
Last Edit: 09 Dec 2009 08:48 by neshertree.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 15:19 #33510

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Rage ATM wrote on 08 Dec 2009 19:53:

as long as someone thinks they need to know the answer as to whether a jew today, who is a muchzak tameh met, can wear clothes that are a rishon letumah they can never ever begin the path to recovery...

Reminds me of something from Jerry Seinfeld that someone posted on the forum once:

"Now they show you how detergents take out blood stains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash".
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by maier .

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 15:22 #33511

• habib613
Uri wrote on 09 Dec 2009 06:51:

Jerry Seinfeld: Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash.
Last Edit: by steven allboum.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 15:23 #33513

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
woops. I just noticed that uri posted that here already  ;D ... I guess I should read to the end of the thread before posting next time.

Hey Uri, great minds think alike. I guess I must have a great mind too. Yay!!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by keepclimbingnothing.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 15:51 #33522

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Umm.  How long does it take for the body to dissolve?
Last Edit: by guitaryaak.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 16:36 #33543

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Yous Guys just crack me up.

Well, me an' da boyz gotta a job to do.

Ciao.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by pizzalover.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 18:02 #33551

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Me3 wrote on 09 Dec 2009 15:51:

Umm.  How long does it take for the body to dissolve?

Darn it, it's STILL not...wait...oh, man, I should've known that orange juice isn't acidic enough. Now it's just sticky.
Last Edit: by uxynp.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 18:53 #33569

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
hope you know a good plumber
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Last Edit: by bf613.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 19:45 #33589

• Kollel Guy
If this Beis Medrash concept is meant to be real, then this is some serious bittul torah.
Last Edit: by tomas.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 19:54 #33590

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well had we used a stronger acid we could have been back learning already.
Last Edit: by needhelp5783.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 20:14 #33598

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Kolel Guy,

You're right. I only have a heter to work right now. If I spend work time here, it's also bitul torah, not just bitul work time. I'm not on payroll, so there's no geneivah, but if I don't finish projects I can't gety paid for them.

Got another good shailah?

Last Edit: by dreamer257.

Re: Halacha shailah... 09 Dec 2009 20:46 #33608

• Kollel Guy
OK how bout this one...
The Rambam says in hilchos teshuva, that azivas hachet, means one is so undeniably positive he will never do the aveirah again, that
h-shem himself can be his witness to his commitment.
Is it possible for an addict to be mekayem the mitzvah of teshuvah according to this? Bec the whole basis of an addicts recovery is the acceptance that his addiction needs constant attn, bec if it was really true that he is so positively sure he will NEVER do it again, the gue community should not be nec for him.....unless he's really not that sure?
Last Edit: by gershie740.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes