Welcome, Guest

Moshcheihu
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moshcheihu 2675 Views

Moshcheihu 10 Jun 2015 18:42 #256557

• icanbreakfree
  • Current streak: 662 days
  • Junior Boarder
How come the gemara in Kiddushin on lamed omud baiz says "Im pogo echo minuval eh MOSHCHAIHU libais hamedrash, it cud've said 'tarutz' run, get the hech away from him??!!
Obehr ich fashtai azei the pshat is that when we're in his 'jurisdiction' outside the basis madras he's got us bBUT when we take him out of 'Reshus Habailim' into the bais medrash we make a KINYEN off of dem! And limud Hatorah will be with the AISH of Taivah!!!

Re: Moshcheihu 10 Jun 2015 20:37 #256571

• cordnoy
At least now I understand why I used to act out under the shtender.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Moshcheihu 11 Jun 2015 17:22 #256651

You sound like you are being sarcastic cordnoy, (or did I read you totally wrong?)

If so maybe you could expand a bit?

Re: Moshcheihu 11 Jun 2015 18:46 #256658

• cordnoy
hwhap@gmx.com wrote:
You sound like you are being sarcastic cordnoy, (or did I read you totally wrong?)

If so maybe you could expand a bit?

1. because i don't really know what he was talkin' about.
2. it did sound like he was sayin' that if one goes to learn, all will be well, and while that is true for the occasional sinner, for the addict like myself - at least at this present moment, it's not the solution.

I am not from those that say that torah or gemora do not apply to the addict, for I don't know, and I do know that at times when I am learnin', there is not a worry in the world, but that doesn't happen always, and it also can happen when i am engrossed in work, but when that scorpion's tail decides to bite, it generally doesn't give a damn what i'm doin'.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Moshcheihu 11 Jun 2015 21:17 #256666

That sounds a lot better.

Re: Moshcheihu 11 Jun 2015 21:36 #256670

• icanbreakfree
  • Current streak: 662 days
  • Junior Boarder
I was bothered by your quandary too cordnoy... Can I suggest seeing today's "Tzitzis and The Heart" article, towards the end of it...

".......The question I and many others have had, is how can I have impure thoughts if I learn Torah, if I know that Hashem is always watching? What happened to the special power of Torah to protect us from this? "Hamaor Shebah Machziro L'Mutav." Has all my Torah learning helped? Why am I still spinning with impure thoughts and actions?
The answer is that Torah does have a special power to keep us pure, but not if it only remains in the mental state, as thoughts in our mind. For Torah to protect us it must enter the heart, it must make an emotional connection. I think that's why Chazal compare Torah to a Tavlin - a medical remedy. Medicine has an effect when it enters our bloodstream - when the heart pumps it throughout the entire body. If it remains localized, it has little effect. If we connect with Torah emotionally, not just as a mental activity, then the medicinal powers of Torah will rid us of all impurities in thought, and consequently in action." (YVY)

Re: Moshcheihu 11 Jun 2015 22:09 #256676

It's well written but I don't think the mystery is that deep. I think the answer is that the act of z'nus is one, but the healthy man and the addict finally choose it for different reasons. It looks like the same failing but it's not, and the two have different antidotes. Learning Torah saves the healthy man. The addict's cure is also emes, but a different kind.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes