Welcome, Guest

R' Elchonon Wasserman's moshul
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: R' Elchonon Wasserman's moshul 2471 Views

R' Elchonon Wasserman's moshul 10 Aug 2014 23:16 #237093

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
There was once a man who was completely ignorant of anything to do with farming and how food is produced. So he went to a farmer to see for himself what is done.

The farmer showed him a beautiful open field which the man admired. Then the farmer took a plow and dug furrows all over the field. The man was shocked and exclaimed "what are you doing? You're ruining it!"

"Patience," said the farmer.

Then he brought a sack of grain and explained that this is what we eat. The man was again shocked when the farmer threw all the grain onto the ground and covered it with earth.

"What are you doing? You're ruining it," he shouted.

After a few months he brought the man back to show him a field full of wheat. The man was impressed. "Now I understand. You put some grain in the ground in order to get this."

Then the farmer took a scythe and cut down all the grain in the field and then beat it on the ground.

"What are you doing? You're ruining it!"

Then he took a winnowing fork and threw it all into the air until he had a huge pile of grain.

The man was impressed. "Now I understand. You cut down all the standing grain to get this."

Then the farmer took all the grain and ground it up into what looked like dust.

He took some of the flour and mixed it with water sugar and yeast and waited for it to rise.

The man was impressed. "Now I understand. You ground up all the grain to get this."

Then the farmer lit a fire in the oven and put the dough inside it.

Then the farmer took out of the oven a beautiful, fresh, delicious loaf of bread.

"This is what I wanted from the beginning," said the farmer.

Hashem is the farmer and we are the ignorant man. We can't understand why things happen. Every time we think we've finally figured it all out and we understand why it has to be a certain way, things change and it looks like it's being ruined. But in the end, when Hashem finally shows us the 'bread' He wanted all along, we'll understand why everything that happened had to be that way.

Until then, we just have to trust that the Farmer knows what He's doing.

(This can be found in the back of R'Elchonon Wasserman's sefer Ikvesah Demeshicah)
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2014 11:01 by Watson.

Re: R' Elchonon Wasserman's moshul 31 Aug 2014 01:24 #238311

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Very nice mashal dr watson . One thing i do understand though , i am here now to fix
some things . my things for sure , maybe also mistakes of generations that preceded me. and all eyes are on me to do a good job done well. i was chosen for this and it is my honor because nobody else could do this one job. Besides , if i succeed i will be a baal teshuva which where he stands , Tzadikim can not stand. i will be way beyond and above...
thank you dr watson

Re: R' Elchonon Wasserman's moshul 27 Jan 2015 19:10 #247708

• dieremenko
test

Re: R' Elchonon Wasserman's moshul 27 Jan 2015 20:10 #247711

• cordnoy
if you were testin' to see if you can post, it worked.

if you were testin' to see if others read it, it worked.

if you were testin' to see if you get a reply when you subscribe to a thread - that, I can't tell you.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: R' Elchonon Wasserman's moshul 27 Jan 2015 21:49 #247713

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Bottom line Cordnoy forgot to add that you passed the test .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes