Welcome, Guest

Acceptance / KABALAS ole malchus shamayim
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Acceptance / KABALAS ole malchus shamayim 1569 Views

Acceptance / KABALAS ole malchus shamayim 09 Jun 2014 09:57 #233080

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
R' Mordche of Lechovitz (not to be mistaken with Lebavitch) gives an amazing twist to the pasuk that we say (at least) twice a day "Ur'eesem oso uzchartem ess kol mitzvos Hashem" literally meaning "and you shall see it (the tzitzis) and you should remember all the comandments of Hashem"

R' Mordche puts a comma after "ess kol" and explains "and you should remember that all" meaning everything that happens on this world "mitzvos Hashem" is the comandment of Hashem!!!

Interestingly, the words after that are "va'aseesem osam, v'lo sasuroo acharei levavchem v'achrei eineichem vechulu" translated "and you should do them (referring to the mitzvos), and you should not deviate after your hearts and after you eyes"

If I may, according to the explanation above, the pasuk is telling us that since everything that happens to us is God driven, it is to give us an opportunity to grow closer to Hashem and to fix ourselves. "va'aseesem osam" and you should make them, you should complete those occurrences by using them, one at a time, for what they were sent, to grow closer to Hashem.

and of course the end of the pasuk tells us that if we live that way, remembering that everything is from Hashem and taking advantage of every "happenstance" to become a better person, then "v'lo sasuru" you won't slide off after your fantasies and you will GYE!!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2014 09:58 by Pidaini.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes