Welcome, Guest

Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries (and more)
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries (and more) 6023 Views

Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries (and more) 29 Jan 2013 17:46 #201511

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
in this weeks parsha the pasuk says Vayishma Yisro, Rashi comments "what did Yisro hear that made him come? Krias Yam Suf and Amalek" the question is why did he need both in order to come?
the Maskil L'dovid, R' Dovid Pardo, explains that Yisro knew of hashem beforehand, but didn't think there was anything special about Klal Yisrael, and even after Krias Yom Suf he thought to himself that Hashem would do the same thing to any nation that was being enslaved and tortured. but when he heard of Amalek he realized that it couldn't have been that Amalek was stupid enough to go fight with Klal Yisrael, if they were innocent, right after they trembled from krias yom suf. the only reason they would fight is only because Klal Yisrael had rebelled against Hashem, and they didn't deserve to be saved, if so why were they saved? from hearing that he realised that Hashem loves His children so much that even when they fall he will save them!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov
Last Edit: 26 Apr 2013 19:13 by Pidaini.

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 29 Jan 2013 20:12 #201513

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
beautiful! thanks
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 08 Feb 2013 18:11 #201991

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
The Apter Rav, the Oheiv Yisroel, brings down the reason for the mitzvah of shekalim is in order that the counting of Klal Yisrael wouldn't cause any Eiyin Hara, He asks why did the Ribono Shel Oilam have to count, don't count and then you won't have any Eiyin Hara?
He answers taht since Klal Yisrael had just been choteih with the eigel, they were depressed and felt that they were not worthy any more of continuing to become The Chosen Nation, therefore Hashem counted them and called each one by their name, to show that every single person still made all the difference, after that we needed the Shekalim to make sure that there would be no Eiyin Hara even after we had been shown such Ahava.
Good Shabbos!!! Happy Adar!!!

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 08 Feb 2013 20:53 #202001

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
gevaldig! thank you!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 08 Mar 2013 20:04 #203254

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
In parshas vayakhel, Moshe Rabeinu tells Klal Yisrael "and this is what Hashem has comeanded to say. take from you terumah etc." The meforshim ask why does Moshe have to say that Hashem commanded him, here, more than other places? the Be'er Heitiv (i think, i'll look it up after shabbos) answers that since Klal Yisrael was right after teh eigel, they didn't beleive that their terumah would be excepted anymore, they were to far gone already, so Moshe Rabeinu had to assue them that no matter where they were "this is what Hashem commanded" He Himself told me that he wants your Terumah.
Have a GEVALDIGE Shabbos!!

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 09 Mar 2013 01:33 #203294

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
very nice
shkoyach
Last Edit: 09 Mar 2013 01:35 by inastruggle.

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 19 Apr 2013 15:03 #205561

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem tells us this week "you shall not go in the ways of the land af Mitzrayim in which you dwelled". the Ohr Hachayim asks, are there two Mitzrayim that the Torah has to tell us in the one that you lived in? He goes onto explain that the Torah is refering to the next paragraph which is the Laavim of Arayos, and the only way for a human to stop is by gaurding his eyes and mind. But Klal Yisroel would have complaint, that is possib;e for a person who has never been exposed to imorality but we who lived in the immoral center of the world, and are going to Canaan which isn't much better, how can we possibly stay away from it? and to that Hashem answers, "ki ani Hashem Elokaichem" I will help you stay clean!!!

It is quite worth looking at the whole peice, it is Amazin!!!

If anybody else finds a good vort on this topic please post it here, i've been running short lately!!

A Gut Shabbos

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 19 Apr 2013 18:21 #205577

Here's a short vort from yesterday's "Daf" (Eruvin 41b). Tosfos (first piece in the perek)says that although the Gemara in Moed Katan (17b) implies that sometimes a person's Yetzer Hora overpowers him and he cannot control it, however, a person can be careful not to reach that stage.

As I once posted: Hashem told the "snake" -
הוא ישופך ראש ואתה תשופנו עקב
He (man) will overpower you in the beginning (if he is vigilant when the taivoh is still small), and you will overpower him at the end (if he waits until it gets out of hand).

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 19 Apr 2013 21:50 #205602

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I like the vort!

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 20 Apr 2013 00:56 #205627

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
The mishna on makkos 11a says that the kohen gadol's mother used to send food and clothes to the people in the orei miklat so that they should't daven that the kohen gadol should die.My chavrusa told me b'shem R' Zev Smith that from here we see how much a tefilah matters, even a rotzeach (even though it was b'shogeg, the gemara says that they aren't tzaddikim because bad things come from bad people) will get answered if he davens, and even if he's davening that a bad thing should happen to one of the gedolei hador, the kohen gadol.
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2013 17:04 by inastruggle.

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 26 Apr 2013 19:12 #206040

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
I heard a story this week being read from the letter of the person himslef, the letter was something like this.

"we have been childless for many years, been through terrible treatments, and many letdowns. we were at the point of accepting our fate and strengthening ourselves with emunah that this is Hashem's ratzon.

"I then saw a peice in Derech Pikudecha (don't know where) if a person does a mitzvah that is extremely hard for him, then Hashem will give him all that he needs Lmaalah Miderech Hateva.

"My wife had a phone at the time that was accessable to internet and she was very attatched to it, but after hearing this she gave it up, even though it was very difficult.

"Two weeks later we had news, naturally, without any treatments!! and i am now writing this to you a few days before the bris!!

"The lesson that i took from this was not how getting rid of the internet is a segulah, cause what should people do who don't have internet!? what i learned was that deep down a person knows what he has to do, but since it is hard he tries other "segulos" to get things he needs, but in shomayim they are not tricked and wait for them to do what really needs to be done."

A gut Shabbos

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 26 Apr 2013 20:08 #206048

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Pidaini wrote:

"The lesson that i took from this was not how getting rid of the internet is a segulah, cause what should people do who don't have internet!? what i learned was that deep down a person knows what he has to do, but since it is hard he tries other "segulos" to get things he needs, but in shomayim they are not tricked and wait for them to do what really needs to be done."

A gut Shabbos

that is awesome she'be'awesome
thank you!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 28 Apr 2013 22:44 #206125

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree!! that was the most powerful part for me too.

btw this letter was received last week.

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 18 May 2013 23:27 #207321

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
I saw an awesome vort this week, about ONE DAY AT A TIME

R' Moshe Leib Sassover explains that the introduction to Yaakov's bracha to Ephraim and Menashe "Vayivarcheim bayom hahu laimor" was actually part of the bracha "Vayivaarcheim" that "bayom hahu laimor" they should only be involved in that day, not worry about what would happen later!!
The Batchutcheh Rav adds "Va'eschanan el Hashem ba'eis hahee laimor" that Moshe Rabeinu was mispalel "ba'eis hahee laimor" only to worry about the present moment the rest is not our daagah.

Re: Hashem Loves Us Without Boundries 21 Jul 2013 01:31 #212786

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
This past week, Shabos Nachmu, (nachmu nachmu ami [carlebach's] for ZS) The Shach (al Hatorah) explains why after Moshe Rabeinu told Klal Yisrael that he wouldn't be able to go into Eretz Yisroel, Moshe adds "and we sat in guy opposite beis peor" referring to when klal Yisroel served avodah zara b'rabim, and had forbidden relations.

He explains that Moshe was trying to show Klal Yisrael how much Hashem loved them, That even though they rebbelled against the RBSH"O in the greatest way, since they did teshuvah and were mispalel they were able to go in to Eretz Yisroel, but Moshe, by just saying one word disrespectfully against Hashem's Children, by calling them "rebelious" (and they were the same children who served the avodah zara etc.!!!! [addition]) tried 515 tefilos and teshuvah, but he still was not allowed to enter. For he insulted Hashem's precious children!!

A Gutte Voch
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes