Welcome, Guest

Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 3936 Views

Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 01 Nov 2012 18:19 #147053

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi People,

I decided to make a Baishamedrash thread - just hope it doesn't get deported to the just having fun place...

First thought of the day is a Gemorrah which says "Marbeh Nashim, Marbeh K'Shafim" this is loosley translated

as "the more wives, the more witchcraft" now if you want a differnt take try it this way -Marbeh nashim - he who

has many Females (who are not his wife) then Marbeh Kshofim - His wife will start acting more like a Machshefa.

VDOIK

As a wise man once said "If you stop looking @ the girl in the bank, your wife will regain her Interest" (this is a complicated ribis shailoh, and it's proper to prepare a Heter Iska B4hand

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 01 Nov 2012 18:56 #147058

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 01 Nov 2012 19:10 #147062

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Interesting Vort, thanks.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 01 Nov 2012 19:41 #147066

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
speaking of witches, the talmud says if yer gonna kill one you have to lift them off the floor, to stop there magicpowers

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 01 Nov 2012 21:16 #147082

I think the talmud also says that when they meet up with water they disintegrate. So instead of looking for excuses to lift them, just hose 'em down.

MT

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 01 Nov 2012 21:18 #147083

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
EXACTLY.
Trick or treat?
SPLOOOSHHHHHH....
Take that you witch.

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 01 Nov 2012 21:46 #147089

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm melllttiiingggg......

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 01 Nov 2012 22:07 #147097

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Mr. Emu, it would seem to me that this thread is in danger of being moved, you know what they say:
Shape up
or
Ship out

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 02 Nov 2012 14:43 #147122

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Gaurd,
In order to prove my innocence and temimus, i will post a REAL dvar toira one of my Rabbi phriends emailed me - i would like to give him credit, bur that would be disclosing 2 much info...

כי משחיתים אנחנו את המקום הזה..... וישלחנו יהוה לשחתה

Even in S’dom, Lot demonstrated that he was a good student of Avraham Avinu. Lot was in a position of power. On the very day that he was appointed as a judge, he violated the domestic laws that prohibited bringing guests into one’s home. Though, the Brisker Rav points out, Avraham was still greater than Lot in the mitzvah of hachnosas orchim, because yes, Lot was willing to put his life on the line for the mitzvah, but that was for Malachim. Avraham was even willing to do it for Arabs.

The psukim tell us that after Lot begged the Malachim to stay with him, they came inside of his home. Moments later, there was loud banging and shouting coming from outside. The mob had arrived. They wanted Lot to hand over the “guests” to get to “know” them better. Lot had willingly offered up his two unmarried daughters, rather than giving up his guests. Moments later, the Malachim told Lot that he had a last chance to save his family members, “because we will be destroying this place”. HaShem actually sent us on this mission.

The Midrash (B”R 50) tells us, that when they said Ki mashchisim anachnu, Hashem put them into cheirim. They were not allowed to return to shomayim for 138 years. We can explain that their sin was that they put their own kavod on the table by getting offended when the anshei s’dom made their terrible suggestion. Only after that, did they add vayeshalcheinu HaShem lishachasah. We find 138 years later, by Yaakov, it says “olim v’yordim”. The malachim were going up and coming down. If their starting point is upstairs, it should have said yordim v’olim. It must be that they were down below, and this was the first chance for them to be allowed back upstairs.

The Be’er Moshe and others ask, why specifically at this point were they allowed back into shomayim? Yaakov was chased down by his nephew, Elifaz, with instructions to kill him. Yaakov convinced him that Ani nechshav k’mais. So he left Yaakov alive and stripped him of all his worldly possessions. How humiliating it was, as he had, not a stitch of clothing, only his walking stick. Still, that night, Vayishkav bamakom hahu, he slept a very restful sleep. He dreamed of the sulam mutzav artzah. He saw the malachim ascending and descending.

We can suggest that after the malachim witnessed Yaakov’s disregard for his personal kovod, rather his “at peace with whatever HaShem has planned for me” attitude, did they realize that when it comes to avodas HaShem, there is no place for personal kovod. HaShem comes first. Only now, after this realization, did HaShem give them the green light to come back upstairs.

Good Shaabos!!!

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 05 Nov 2012 18:44 #147249

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
Interesting thought on masechet Berachot Daph 28

the gemura says that the 18 berachot of the amida are regard to

opinion 1 - the 18 times God's name is found in Havu Lahashem Bnai Ailim

opinion 2 -the 18 times God's name is found in Kriyat Shma

opinion 3 -the 18 vertabrate in the spine (pretty cool huh? it says in sepharim that durin

relations the zera travels from the brain (pituary gland?) down the spine to where it arrives,

now opinions state that shmona esrai is like a zivug, so... the 18 berachot are like the 18 spine-bones coooool! (and sim shalom is the climax) to quote Dov Shurin (Dov?)

"I'm madly in love with the one above"

NOW,

the gemora asks that since we have a 19th bracha (vLamalshinim - and on the heretics)

what is it in reard to?

opinion 1 - the words in abovementioned kapitle "Kei hakavod heerim"

opinion 2 - the word Echad in shma

opinion 3 - the small spine bone in t he end of the spine....

NOW i once heard that the evolutionheritics sy "you know that little tail bone at the tip of the spine/ well that's a remnant of our tails when we used to be monkeys..."

Well, you say that eh?

here you VILAMALSHINIM.

VDOIK

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 06 Nov 2012 21:07 #147355

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
beautiful zachen!

i saw in Likutei Moharan - chelek aleph near the beginning but don't remember exactly where, i could look it up - where he says that the word מטה can be a bed, or parnassa (mateh lechem) or a shevet. and every shevet has a shaar/nusach/derech in tefila. so he connects tefila and parnassa and zivug.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 07 Nov 2012 16:00 #147394

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
mr. wrote on 05 Nov 2012 18:44:

NOW i once heard that the evolutionheritics sy "you know that little tail bone at the tip of the spine/ well that's a remnant of our tails when we used to be monkeys..."

Well, you say that eh?

here you VILAMALSHINIM.

VDOIK

Minim and apikorsim, eh? How about if I tell you that in sepher Piskei Teshuva (Kuntress Divrei Chachamim) one of the Gerrer Rebbes asks: How did the angel Gavriel make a "Zanav" [tail] for Vashti, "Ein kol chadash tachat hashemesh" [There's nothing new under the sun]?
He answers that originally, ALL WOMEN were created with tails [or at least Eve], and then Hashem took it from them to spare them embarrassment.

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 07 Nov 2012 16:02 #147396

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Doesn't one pshat hold that Chava was originally Adam's tail?

- General Grant

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 07 Nov 2012 19:22 #147419

TehillimZugger wrote on 07 Nov 2012 16:00:

Well, you say that eh?

here you VILAMALSHINIM.

VDOIK

Minim and apikorsim, eh? How about if I tell you that in sepher Piskei Teshuva (Kuntress Divrei Chachamim) one of the Gerrer Rebbes asks: How did the angel Gavriel make a "Zanav" [tail] for Vashti, "Ein kol chadash tachat hashemesh" [There's nothing new under the sun]?
He answers that originally, ALL WOMEN were created with tails [or at least Eve], and then Hashem took it from them to spare them embarrassment.

Message from TZ (heard mipiv hakadosh): The above piece from Divrei Chachamim is in Siman Yud.

MT

Re: Mr. EMU'S Vertlach on various Torah topics & lessons from everything 09 Nov 2012 17:01 #147545

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
Another nice Torah prom my Rabbi Phriend.

ואברהם זקן בא בימים
The Vilna Gaon tells us that it is possible for a person to have lived 70-80 years in quantity, yet the quality of their years that were utilized properly was perhaps only 20 years. Regarding Avrohom Avinu and Dovid HaMelech (as seen in the Haftora), the Torah tells us that they were "ba bayamim"- coming in their days; tally up the days, each and every day was very well accounted for.
Furthermore, the Midrash (M"R 59:6) tells us in the name of Rav Acha that our possuk is teaching us that not only did they reach an old age, but they took lessons from the previous days and applied them going forward. In the words of the Zohar, each day was approached as "how can I build on yesterday". The Likutei Sichos explains that they learned from past experiences, not letting them slip by. Ashrei mi sheba l'kaan vetalmudo biyado- this can be understood as "praised is the one that comes with his lessons in hand", having learned from his experiences.
In Radin, the town "nebach case" was named Chatzkele. He could be found walking around near the yeshiva on a daily basis. One day it was noticed that he was nowhere to be seen. After four days passed, Chatzkele had returned. He had gone to the big "fair" in Leiptzig. Everyone asked him what he saw and what he brought back. He called everyone together and with great pride he pulled out a small bag of tabak/snuff. All the yeshiva bochurim were laughing at him. Three whole days spent at the great fair and all he managed to return with was just a packet of snuff?!? When the Chofetz Chayim heard this, he gathered together the yeshiva and spoke. He remarked that we come to this world for 70-80 years and yet, some will come upstairs with nothing more than "ah schmek tabak".
In the 1920's, there was a man named Tzvika that was moving from Eretz Yisroel to America. His date of passage would be one year later, with a one week layover in France. Nervous about not speaking French, he enrolled in a language course. As the date approached, Tzvika settled all of his accounts and said his goodbyes. With jitters in his stomach, he embarked on the ship, meeting many others that would take the same journey. Noticing the nervousness of his newfound friends at not speaking the language of the land, Tzvika assured them that he took language course and is fluent in French. Once in France, everyone crowded around Tzvika. He was "the man". No one made a move without him. Before long, they were back on board the ship, this time for their final destiny; the "goldene medina of America"- the land of promise. As the statue of Liberty came to sight, there was again nervousness at not speaking the language of the land, this time English. Of course everyone rallied around Tzvika, marveling at his sheer brilliance and foresight in preparing himself. But then they noticed Tzvika's ashen look on his face. Tzvika did not speak English, perhaps just a few words. The people were shocked. Tzvika had spent his entire year of preparation learning a language that would only be useful in passing, yet for his final destination he made no preparations.
We come to this "prozdor" to prepare for our final destination. It is true that in this world the spoken language for many is designer clothing, vacation destinations and luxury sports vehicles. However, in Olam Haba, the spoken language is Bava Kamma, Bava Metzia and Bava Basra. If we prepare ourselves with Torah, avoda and gemilas chasadim, we will have what to talk about, otherwise we will be just like Tzvika, having prepared for the layover but forgetting about our final destination.
Avrohom Avinu and David HaMelech brought with them their days. What will we bring with us?

Good Shaabos!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes