Welcome, Guest

Metzra of the bais- the gift of rebuilding
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Metzra of the bais- the gift of rebuilding 1633 Views

Metzra of the bais- the gift of rebuilding 27 Apr 2012 03:56 #136384

• eish emes
  • Current streak: 123 days
  • Expert Boarder
I heard an amazing vort from my Rosh Yeshiva that is relevant for our struggle. I'm not the best writer, but I'll try my best to give it over.
Rashi brings the medrash that tzaros of the house is actually good news. The nations who lived in Eretz Yisroel before the yidden hid treasures inside the walls of the houses and when the yidden tear down the walls to get rid of the tzaros they found the treasures.
The Question is if Hashem wanted to give out treasures why does he make the yidden tear down there houses in order to get them?
My Rosh Yeshiva answered the reason one gets tzaros in his bais is that he did avreiohs that where so bad that they even affected the kedusha of his house. The good news is not that he found treasures. One would think once someone reached such a low level there is nothing he could do about it. The good news is that even though he reached so low he is able to knock down his house and start fresh. During the process of removing the old and starting fresh Hashem gives us treasures. But the main point is that the the real gift is that we can rebuild that which we ruined and as we rebuild Hashem happens to gives us treasures along the way.

Have a good Shabbos,
Eish Emes
My story https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/343353-Eish-Emes-intro

Feel free to contact me privately for connection and support forbsw@gmail.com.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes