Welcome, Guest

Parsha thoughts from Cleareyes613
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Parsha thoughts from Cleareyes613 2780 Views

Re: Parsha thoughts from Cleareyes613 06 Nov 2009 05:44 #27124

• PostalServicio
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Truly beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Last Edit: by Rmw.

Re: Parsha thoughts from Cleareyes613 06 Nov 2009 13:48 #27154

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Mori VRabi, 

This was fantastic (I read it the chizuk email) straight from your heart to mine! Very well written!

Chaazak Chazak!!

Noorah
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by yaguar77.

Re: Parsha thoughts from Cleareyes613 20 Nov 2009 09:27 #29665

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Parsha Toldos

Perek 26, Posuk 5

"Ekev asher shama Avraham b'koli, vayishmor mishmarti, mitzvosai, chukosai, v'torosai"

"Because Abraham obeyed My voice, and observed My safeguards, My commandments, My edicts, and My Torahs."

Rashi explains:

My Voice: when I tested him.

My Safeguards: decrees for keeping a distance from negative commandments.

My Commandments: matters which are logical such as stealing and bloodshed.

My Edicts: matters which we don't understand such as kashrus and sha'atnez.

My TorahS: both the written and oral Torahs.

In this pasuk Hashem tells Yitzchok why his descendants will inherit eretz yisroel and increase like the stars. Because of Abraham.

Why?

The first reason listed is because he listened to My voice. Hashem does not say because he followed the Torah. It does not say because he learned all day. It does not say because he did tons of chesed. BUT because he listened to my voice.

What is this voice??

Hashems TESTS. Avraham passed every test that Hashem presented to him. It is for this reason we were chosen to be given eretz yisroel and continue forever as a nation.

Learning Torah is great and so is doing Mitzvos. But that usually not the reason we were placed on this earth.

Misilas Yisharim - "yesod hachasidus v'shoresh haavoda temima, who shyisbera etzel kol adam mah chovaso b'olamo..."

The yesod of why we are here is to pass our tests, to each his own. Passing our tests is what bring s us closer to Hashem.

How do we know what our tests are? Usually the thing a person stuggles with and is inclined towards is his Test. That means for a good portion of us here, our test in this life is overcoming our lust issues. And passing this test is the #1 reason why we are here today. May we all pass this test.

And Observe My SafeGUARDs: (keep  GYEs up and running. Donations please!)

What is the second item mention by Hashem on why we are the chosen nation? Because Avraham safeguarded the commandments. Not because Avraham kept the torah! That's listed last. But because Avraham put up fences and kept them! (Got filter?!).

I was blown away by this. Clearly we need fences. Avraham used them. And thank you Reb Guard for giving us GYE!!! This new fence is what we and so many others desperately need.

Our #1 goal in life is to pass our Test in LIFE. To do that we need to put up fences and GUARD them !!!!

Good Shabbos to all!
Last Edit: by Simplyhere.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes