Welcome, Guest

Leo's collection
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Leo's collection 1843 Views

Leo's collection 27 Apr 2011 21:09 #104575

• Leo Lazlo
I want a place were the thoughts in Torah related to addiction, 12 steps, and Yahadus can be collected for my benefit as well as for anyone else who may benefit. Therefore the topic will be locked, to facilitate this purpose. This is not a final decision, if other's feel that a discussion would be better, I'm open to hearing their POV and reconsidering.

People who would like to post a public comment, and I would love to get to know them as well!, are encouraged to do so at my introduction post, Hello from Leo!
Last Edit: 27 Apr 2011 23:41 by .

Re: Leo's collection 28 Apr 2011 03:10 #104587

• Leo Lazlo
Hallel:

I was thinking about the words of Hallel (due to a personal situation) and the words "Odchu ki anisunee" struck me as saying that Hashem punished us. I see now in Reb Scroll that it means "You have answered me" (and all the other places in Hallel it refers to pure salvation - direct punishment for averos, being saved from enemies, etc.) but this past Pesach as I said (and mis translated) the words, I felt that there would yet come a time that I will thank Hashem for the troubles. What brings me back, now and in the past? Hitting my personal "bottom" of that period.

May Hashem grant that my bottom's be a loss of His presence and a lust for Him and when I take the artificial sweetener instead I should sense this sooner. I'm told that this is from the Rosh, but 'od chazon lamoed'.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Leo's collection 09 May 2011 22:09 #105543

• Leo Lazlo
TaPhSiC:

Just learned with my chavrusah the Ramban that Hashem made a second bris with Klal Yisroel with klolos, after the Yidden breached the first bris with cheit hEgel. It seems this is a clear cut limmud from the Torah for using a method like TaPhSiC, where one uses a shvuah and consequences to modify one's behavior.

Hashem should help me, and the rest of Klal Yisroel, to know the right way to serve him.

Re: Leo's collection 16 May 2011 02:43 #106005

• Leo Lazlo
Leo Lazlo wrote on 28 Apr 2011 03:10:

Hallel:

I was thinking about the words of Hallel (due to a personal situation) and the words "Odchu ki anisunee" struck me as saying that Hashem punished us. I see now in Reb Scroll that it means "You have answered me" (and all the other places in Hallel it refers to pure salvation - direct punishment for averos, being saved from enemies, etc.) but this past Pesach as I said (and mis translated) the words, I felt that there would yet come a time that I will thank Hashem for the troubles. What brings me back, now and in the past? Hitting my personal "bottom" of that period.

Sure enough, today I heard from R' Bleich that it does mean "Even though you have punished me", that life with yissurim are still very much worth living. Having just spoken to one of the Gedolie HaDor and told him that I don't even know who I am anymore (one day I want recovery, one day I desire to act out -- which is the real me??), I can emphasize a little with spiritual yissurim. Nu, so it's worth living, keeping the pikodon of Hashem.

With Hashem's help I will do so, and hopefully return my neshamah to him, when He asks for it, in a condition that will please Him.

Re: Leo's collection 28 Apr 2014 01:57 #230696

• Leo Lazlo
  • Fresh Boarder
Test

Re: Leo's collection 28 Apr 2014 02:19 #230697

• cordnoy
guess the test worked.

welcome back.

seems like it's not locked any longer.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Leo's collection 07 May 2014 02:04 #231278

• Leo Lazlo
  • Fresh Boarder
Yup, I'm back and better then ever.

I see that one can no longer lock their own threads, a feature I appreciated so that my own thoughts stayed in one place without being mixed up (kind of like a digital sefer on recovery). Ah well, it is what it is. (Unless of course someone can tell me how to lock a new thread, which I would appreciate.)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes