Welcome, Guest

Kabalos and Using Shaim Hashem advised in the Handbooks
(0 viewing) 
On this board, everyone is encouraged to share their journey through the 18 tools of the GYE handbook and get Chizuk and answers from everyone else here as well!

The GYE handbook provides a systematic framework for breaking free of this addiction. But just reading it alone won’t do very much if we don’t “work” the tools therein. So after reading through the GYE handbook once, we go back and start again from the beginning, this time taking it slowly and giving each tool a lot of careful thought. Have we tried the first few tools yet? What parts have we still not tried? Do we have questions, comments, doubts about any of the tools? Slowly but surely, tool by tool, day by day, the GYE handbook - together with the group support of this board - will provide you with the best framework possible for systematic growth and progress.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kabalos and Using Shaim Hashem advised in the Handbooks 4052 Views

Re: Kabalos and Using Shaim Hashem advised in the Handbooks 03 Feb 2011 20:27 #95664

• kiviyvy
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Yashuv VYashuv!
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 03 Feb 2011 18:46:
Does this mean that the Rosh Yeshiva read every single page in detail? Does it mean that every word that Guard Shlita wrote is as if it comes from Rav Feldman's pen? Does it mean that he weighed all aspect of every point in the handbook for its halachik validity?

His choice of words, "...have only praise for its methodology and approach..... Everything which I have seen conforms to the highest standards of Torah values" is not exactly saying that.

Good point Yosef Hatzadik. As I said earlier:

If you say Rav Feldman reviewed every word of the handbooks and didn't just give a general Haskama after flipping through it then that's enough for me.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Kabalos and Using Shaim Hashem advised in the Handbooks 03 Apr 2011 11:23 #102996

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
I am not sure if Rav Feldman read every word, but R' Rosenfeld did and he didn't seem to have any problem with that. See here: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/PDFs/Newsletter01/Reb%20Rosenfeld.pdf

As Kedusha brought, we see in Chazal that for such things we can use Shavuos.
For some of us it's pikuach nefesh and this is the only thing that helps!
Eis laasos la'Hashem, heifeiru Torasecha.

Also, the TaPHSiC method insures that we don't make shavuos that we can't keep.

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Kabalos and Using Shaim Hashem advised in the Handbooks 03 Apr 2011 13:41 #103001

• kiviyvy
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Yashuv VYashuv!
guardureyes wrote on 03 Apr 2011 11:23:

I am not sure if Rav Feldman read every word, but R' Rosenfeld did and he didn't seem to have any problem with that. See here: http://www.guardureyes.com/GUE/PDFs/Newsletter01/Reb%20Rosenfeld.pdf

As Kedusha brought, we see in Chazal that for such things we can use Shavuos.
For some of us it's pikuach nefesh and this is the only thing that helps!
Eis laasos la'Hashem, heifeiru Torasecha.

Also, the TaPHSiC method insures that we don't make shavuos that we can't keep.

Thanks for the update. The fact that he read through the whole booklet is very significant. At the same time I think a person should still ask his personal Rav a Shayloh whether this is advisable. When all is said and done Shavuos are still a Davar Chamur and something that most people do not have much practical experience in.

Re: Kabalos and Using Shaim Hashem advised in the Handbooks 01 May 2011 03:45 #104757

• mbalegria
Although you are right that if you have in mind when you are making a Shevoua that you want it to take effect despite your declaration, thrn it will.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes