Welcome, Guest

INH going through the 30 attitude principals
(0 viewing) 
On this board, everyone is encouraged to share their journey through the 18 tools of the GYE handbook and get Chizuk and answers from everyone else here as well!

The GYE handbook provides a systematic framework for breaking free of this addiction. But just reading it alone won’t do very much if we don’t “work” the tools therein. So after reading through the GYE handbook once, we go back and start again from the beginning, this time taking it slowly and giving each tool a lot of careful thought. Have we tried the first few tools yet? What parts have we still not tried? Do we have questions, comments, doubts about any of the tools? Slowly but surely, tool by tool, day by day, the GYE handbook - together with the group support of this board - will provide you with the best framework possible for systematic growth and progress.
  • Page:

TOPIC: INH going through the 30 attitude principals 4042 Views

Re: INH going through the 30 attitude principals 17 Jun 2009 18:44 #6496

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Really all of your feedback gives me the will and Ratzon to want to do this thread. Without you guy i would definitely not do it. Thank you all.

Last Edit: by אדם הראשון.

Re: INH going through the 30 attitude principals 17 Jun 2009 19:11 #6508

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Great work.  I am reading all your posts.  I really enjoy them.
Last Edit: by .

Re: INH going through the 30 attitude principals 20 Oct 2009 19:52 #24698

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey INH is back with his take on the attitutdes of the handbook principal by principal. We are up to #8, you can read 1-7 on the previous page.

Principal #8
Its a long, tough road ahead for our recovery but if we can remember one statement throughout if we ever feel like its too hard its this: "Le'phum Tzarah Agrah". This loosly translates into: The amount of effort and toil we put into it is the amount of reward we get. Hashem does not bring us down to this world so we can sit by a pool and sit on beach chairs and coast through life. He wants us to work and work hard. If at one point in the process it is too hard for you, you are on the right track. Fixing this addiction is our NUMBER 1 priority from now on. Nothing else that has to do just with us (thats for you all you fathers/mothers) should push this aside. If we make this secondary then it only gets secondary treatment. When was the last time everyone had a parade for the team that lost in the Super Bowl? Never. Doesnt happen becauase they came in second! Give the parade to healing our addictions to lust.

Last Edit: by shloday3085.

Re: INH going through the 30 attitude principals 21 Oct 2009 21:16 #24907

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Awesome post! Glad your back... I enjoy reading your comments, and I'm sure many others do too!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by asadik123.

Re: INH going through the 30 attitude principals 26 Oct 2009 18:15 #25619

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Principal #9
You build a tower from the foundation up. Many mepharshim explain that tikkun Habris is such a fundamental part to our lives that it encompasses all other things. The Handbook makes a great point that the foundation is the most important part of a building. Period. Yet its the part of the buildng that nobody sees. So too with our Shmiras habris its so fundamental for us and only we know about it. We need to strengthen this in order to build a great tower to Hakadosh Baruch Hu ( not a physical tower like the Dor Hafllaga, but a spiritual one). Hashem put is in this situation together so we can all succeed!

-INH
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes