Welcome, Guest

Moshe's thread
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.

TOPIC: Moshe's thread 965 Views

Re: Moshe's thread 27 Jul 2010 17:27 #75482

• chaim2000
amazing dialoug
Last Edit: by .

Re: Moshe's thread 27 Jul 2010 21:24 #75526

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
dov wrote on 27 Jul 2010 04:04:

Hope somebody reads this... ;D 8)

Over 1500 might soon 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Moshe's thread 27 Jul 2010 21:40 #75528

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 27 Jul 2010 21:24:

Over 1500 might soon 

Guard..... ??? ??? ???

"8 – We will keep everything that anybody else says in the group private on the rest of the forum. And we will sell no T-shirts identifying ourselves as members of this fuzzy little group in other boards."

Re: Moshe's thread 27 Jul 2010 21:45 #75529

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yiddle2 wrote on 27 Jul 2010 21:40:

Over 1500 might soon 

Guard..... ??? ??? ???

"8 – We will keep everything that anybody else says in the group private on the rest of the forum. And we will sell no T-shirts identifying ourselves as members of this fuzzy little group in other boards."

So long as no one knows where this is coming from.  I don't believe that putting it in the chizuk email is a problem.  Dov could have just as well posted the whole back on forth on the board in the first place, what's the issue?
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Moshe's thread 27 Jul 2010 21:48 #75530

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
True good point I agree. I appologize Guard. Been a rough day for me....

Re: Moshe's thread 30 Jul 2010 13:20 #75754

• moshef
  • Gold Boarder
I was sober yesterday but had rough day and at home, I was bored and wanted to run to my office.  Fortunately, my office was full of people last night, so I didn't go.

Re: Moshe's thread 30 Jul 2010 13:29 #75758

• ur-a-jew
  • Platinum Boarder
"Fortunately, my office was full of people so I didn't go.". The are no coincidences. Hashem is sending you a message "Moshe I see you're trying, I'll help you along." Continued Hatzlacha for a Sober day.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Moshe's thread 30 Jul 2010 15:32 #75771

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Yiddle2 wrote on 27 Jul 2010 21:40:

Over 1500 might soon 

Guard..... ??? ??? ???

Good point Yiddle, but I figured that "everything that anybody else says" means that people would know WHO said it. But if no one knows who said it, I didn't think there could be an issue.

Dov's group, are we all in agreement with that?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Moshe's thread 30 Jul 2010 15:36 #75772

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Not going to disagree here. My fault. As I said earlier in the week:
Yiddle2 wrote on 27 Jul 2010 21:48:

True good point I agree. I appologize Guard. Been a rough day for me....

I withdraw my objection your honor.

Have a great Shabbos Guard.

Re: Moshe's thread 01 Aug 2010 05:52 #75800

• Dov
  • Administrator
OK, so how about we bite the bullet and call this thing Bnei Machshovah Tova...or anything other than "Dov's Group"?

Are bullets tasty?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Moshe's thread 03 Aug 2010 13:50 #75920

• moshef
  • Gold Boarder
Last two days have been bad, just lusting after everything and acting out a number of times. Funny how every time I do something for recovery I fall even further almost immidietly.  I got of the phone call on Sunday and had two terrible days.  The first time I went to a SA meeting I fell 3 times that day.

I think it may have to do with a subconcious fear of giving this thing up, so I act out to make sure I am still able to do it.

Re: Moshe's thread 03 Aug 2010 14:05 #75921

• Bear Jew
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • User
its funny i find that i have the same problem. whenever i feel like i am making any progress i fall harder than i did before my "progress." i think the best thing to do is just forget about whether we are making any progress or how many days clean we've done or how "recovered" we really are. i know, its easier said than done and even though i have told myself to stop gauging i find myself doing it too. 

Re: Moshe's thread 11 Aug 2010 18:18 #76409

• moshef
  • Gold Boarder
I got a new computer today, I can't install a filter because the person that keeps my password is on vacation until tommorow.  I need that password to install K9  (i have the same passwod on 4 other computers).

In addition, my business partner is on vacation too so punkt today when my password keeper is away, my office is empty, Dell delveres a unfiltered computer to my door.  Couldn't be more bashert 

I really feel like hashem is begging me to act out.

Re: Moshe's thread 11 Aug 2010 18:37 #76410

• ur-a-jew
  • Platinum Boarder
MosheF wrote on 11 Aug 2010 18:18:
I really feel like hashem is begging me to act out.

Just the opposite.  On Rosh Chodesh Elul Hashem is giving you the opportunity to do real teshuva.  To be in the situation you were previously and yet not act out.  Reb Matisyahu in his perush to Sharey Teshuva gives this exact moshul.  He says a person was mezanah with a woman in a far away place and changes around his life.  Years later he takes a flight it gets diverted to this far away place and the person that he was mezanah with is there and he is michshol again and he thinks to himself how could Hashem do this to me.  The answer says Reb Matisyahu is that Hashem was doing a chesed with you he wanted to give you the ability to do real teshuva (oso moken, etc.).  So take the message from Hashem he loves you and don't act out.  What a way to enter Elul.

More immediately if your house was burning down you would run out a try to save yourself.  If being in an office with an unfiltered computer is going to mean that your about to act out then your house uis buring down.  So just get out of there.

Re: Moshe's thread 07 Sep 2010 22:50 #78078

• Dov
  • Administrator
PS. The last few days have been horrible for me. My wife and I are feeling pretty far apart (though we talk about that freely together and commiserate); my sleep schedule is wacked-out and I am waking up late for shacharis which is rotten for a chiyuv to do (though I daven with some kavono when I do get there, and know that Hashem loves me and wants me in that shul badly still!); my eyeballs have been feeling chained to every pretty woman I notice (thank-G-d my eyes are still functioning so well!) and gently closing my eyes and turning the other way - which usually feels just fine - has been uncomfortable (I am not used to that. It's usually a passing "oy", a thought about or word to Hashem, and then serenity...); and I have been late for practically everything (but that's not the end of the world...at least I am not really 'late'! :). B'kitzur, I feel like I am in a blender.

OK. The pity party is over, there are some chips left and a bit of Woodford for y'all. Care to join me in a post-self-pity, pre-RH tanss? I could really use one now....

Well. It seems that the difference between my life before sobriety and now in recovery all boils down to the parentheses! 
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes