Welcome, Guest

Yiddle2's Thread
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.

TOPIC: Yiddle2's Thread 832 Views

Yiddle2's Thread 24 Jun 2010 03:21 #71936

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
-Deleted-
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2010 22:22 by .

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 24 Jun 2010 04:13 #71942

• installed
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Yiddle,

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to get to know you better as we progress with this program.

I find telemeetings very helpfull but again another contraint is that my cell phone only has minimal minutes on it and my dad doesnt want to upgrade for 'no reason' (I really cant blame him).

I can think of three solutions for your phone problem.

1) You can get a Magicjack for your computer ~$40 for one year of unlimited calling.
2) You can get a prepaid "pay as you go" phone plan with unlimited minutes. I have an extra MetroPCS phone that I can send you if you'd like (I don't really use it). You pay ~$35 for unlimited calls (you only pay for the months that you want). Quality isn't great but at least you'll be able to avoid you dad  .
3) Call into your Google Voice number from a pay-phone for free long distance calling (it'll cost you a quarter).

Hope this helps.

Good night,

Avraham.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 24 Jun 2010 11:37 #71976

• teshuvahilaah
  • Current streak: 63 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Yiddle, thanks for sharing your story with us.

Keep your head up, my friend. One day at a time.

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 29 Jun 2010 15:33 #72515

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
My idea of powerlessness is let lust rent space in my mind, I go crazy. I start acting in ways that I dont want to act. Beyond my control. Lust is my allergy to which there is no cure. Like people who are deathly allergic to peanut butter. They cannot be cured from the allergy, they just need to make sure they stay away from peanut butter for the rest of their lives. The goes for me with regard to lust. I am never going to be able to lust if I want to live. I'll never NOT be allergic to it. As Dov put it nicely this past Sunday, "I can't give lust the light of day." (correct me if I am wrong there Dov).

My life had become unmanageable. It is a never ending cycle. I act out because of my fears, resentments, etc. And acting out causes my fears, resentments, etc. My life right now is a dog chasing its own tail. Its never going to stop unless I realize that its my own tail that I am chasing.

All the best everyone!

-Yiddle

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 30 Jun 2010 18:13 #72645

• Dov
  • Administrator
www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2699.msg72632#msg72632

OK, now that that's out of the way, it wasn't "I can't afford to give lust the light of day," but "I can't afford to give lust the time of day"...but really, who cares...just having fun. Bards taught me I need to do that or I'll dry up and blow away... desperately need more lessons....fun anyone?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 30 Jun 2010 22:41 #72674

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
dov wrote on 30 Jun 2010 18:13:

desperately need more lessons....fun anyone?

Hank, the strong young man at the construction site was bragging that he could outdo anyone in a feat of strength. He made a special target of Sol, an older Jewish worker. After several minutes, Sol had enough.

"Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" he said. "I will bet a week's wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that outbuilding that you won't be able to wheel back."

"You're on, old man," Hank replied. "Let's see what you got."

Sol reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then, nodding to Hank, he said, "All right. Get in."

--------------

The story is told of the atheist who accosted a rabbi.

"Do you believe in life after death?"

The rabbi has no time to reply.

"Well it’s a load of rubbish!" shouted the Atheist. "I believe in science, evolution, survival of the fittest, and when we die, that's it! No eternal life, no judgment, and no God!" The Atheist continues his assault against the rabbi tirelessly.

"Eternal life! Eternal life! Ha! Its all pie in the sky when you die. When I die that's it, the end, no eternal life, no nothing." He continues, until he reaches his climax, "I will be buried six feet under when I die and that's it! Nothing! Caput! When I die I am utterly convinced that that will be the end of me!"

"Well thank God for that" replies the rabbi.

-----------------------------

Chaim Yankel, who traces his ancestry to the great men of Chelm, walks into a hardware store and asks for a chain saw that will cut six trees in one hour. The salesman recommends the top of the line model. Chaim Yankel is suitably impressed, and buys it.

The next day he brings it back and says, "This chainsaw is defective. It would only cut down one tree and it took ALL DAY LONG!"

The salesman takes the chain saw, starts it up to see what's wrong, and the Chaim Yankel says, "What's that noise?"
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 04 Jul 2010 05:41 #72941

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey everyone in Dov's groups (and Reb Guard).

I wanted to wish everyone a Gut Voch and hope everyone is doing well. if someone is not doing well or is doing fine and just needs someone to talk to email me at Yiddle2@gmail.com. We can gchat sometime and get to know each other more. I am trying to get more out of my little 4x4 isolation box so I could certainly use the help from you guys.

Be well!

-Yiddle

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 04 Jul 2010 17:35 #72987

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov asked me to post a link for the NA workbook. Just click on each step to get the excersizes and notes for the repspectve steps. Its an excellent tool even though it seems very simple.

milkmanscircle.net/Milkman's%20CircleD2/Templates/na_workbook/na_workbook.htm

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 09 Jul 2010 15:11 #73543

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey fellow members of this exclusive group,

I would like to thank each and every one of you for being part of this group. It is our koach as a group that really makes this place special. I am not saying we dont need Dov, but even without Dov we are still going strong. We do need our Dov to add to our koach. Each member that slips away from us really takes away from us. So in Dov's absence we need to get stronger and reach out more. I see that here on a daily basis. I hope all are doing well. If anyone has any issues or just wants to talk about ANYTHING email me at Yiddle2@gmail.com

Have a great Shabbos!

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 11 Jul 2010 22:37 #73682

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Just wanted to thank everyone who participated on the call today. We all read our step 1s and discussed a few relevant topics.

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 12 Jul 2010 04:04 #73702

• freedom
Yiddle2 wrote on 11 Jul 2010 22:37:

Just wanted to thank everyone who participated on the call today. We all read our step 1s and discussed a few relevant topics.

Second That

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 13 Jul 2010 21:48 #73912

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi guys sorry havent been around in a couple of days ive been sick and actually havent been doing too well in terms of my spitiuality. Ive come back to reality and needed to admit my powerlessness over lust, how it has caused my life to become extremely unmanagable, and only God can help because if i cant help myself only a power greater than myself can and thats God.

I hope to be on the call tonight and hope to see all of you there also.

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 16 Jul 2010 03:15 #74346

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell today but the rules of this section of th forum dont allow us to discuss it. Period. I am starting to feel that having a meeting twice a week is not going to do it for me. I need the daily ressurance and reminder that meetings can bring into my life not just twice a week but most if not all days of the week. I dont expect people to do this because most people here b'h have families to take care of while I do not. I am ot sure what the solution is here maybe joining DC's upcoming group will do the magic. But in this format I am not working the program on a daily basis which is hurting my recovery process. I dont really feel connected to people in the group because of this. I hope we cn all grow togrther.

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 16 Jul 2010 13:57 #74398

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
David I'm sorry to hear about the fall. Today is a new day and I'm davening for you to say sober today.  Maybe you tried and it didn't work but I want to remind you that even if you don't have a meeting you can always reach out to someone. One of the members of the group reached out to me last night because he was at the office alone working late.  I'm not sure what I even did but I got back this message later that night  "I really had a lot of work and if not for you i would probably have acted out and been in big trouble not finishing up.  i really feel like me calling out saved me tonight.". If you ask me to explain how it work or what I did that had such an effect I can't but as Dov explained on the call this week. None of us really understand how an air conditioner works but that doesn't stop us from using it. The same applies here.  I hope to be able to circulate the roster at the beginning of next week which may make reaching out easier.  Hatzlacha in staying sober today and Good Shabbos.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Yiddle2's Thread 16 Jul 2010 16:25 #74420

• chaim2000
hello yiddle i feel exactly like you feel aboult the group. We havent come together enough. I think it is even less than the general forum. We have to use our forum more and use the call just to toucj base. I think if we relax the rules about what we can post it may help
Good Shabbos everyone
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes