Welcome, Guest

Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.

TOPIC: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 1402 Views

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 20 Oct 2010 03:20 #80788

• Dov
  • Administrator
Have you humbly said any of this to G-d yet, or are you keeping all this a secret from Him?  ???
To paraphrase a man I love but have never actually met, what the hell can any of us do for you? We cannot even keep ourselves sober! If some ingredient is missing in you, or for you, or whatever you, ask Him to help you out by giving you that missing ingredient. None of us deserve to get sober. None of us. You are certainly no worse than anyone else. Ask Him - don't just yell at Him, ask!! (sorry for yelling)

:-*
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 21 Oct 2010 01:41 #80872

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Why don't you just try something like "hi g-d its me your son david I as you know I really need help. So please show me the way. I can't take this addiction anymore so help me out because one thing I do know I can't do it myself.  Thanks". You can say this while your laying in bed or standing on your head. It really doesn't matter.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 21 Oct 2010 02:39 #80877

• Dov
  • Administrator
I think you've got to turn your 'dog' around.....kitschy....kitschy....

I know a guy (OK, it's Harvey, if you just have to know everything!) (what is the matter with you?!)...where was I? Oh, yeah...Harvey used to tell guys who didn't even believe in a G-d to just talk to Him, anyway, as an exercise in asking for help. Maybe it's weird, but he's pretty smart (sometimes) and if he suggests it, it might have some merit. Maybe that tack would actually work for you - for as far as I am concerned, of what use is a G-d that you cannot talk to at all? Hell, a non-english-speaking hooker is still useful!....(Ooops. I shouldn't have said that.) So, let's say He doesn't speak my language (which I call: 'Upper-Caveman Philistine'). So? Reb Levi-Yitzchak (bards' grandpappy) was definitely right: a mom hears her baby. She hears it. And she knows what it really means. Get me? (I hope so, cuz I'm not really sure I do)... ???
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 01 Dec 2010 18:31 #87495

• Bear Jew
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Fresh Boarder
i did something i havent done in many many months: i went to an sa meeting. i just dragged my body there. i guess after 14 days of sobriety i crashed really hard and i felt i needed to just do something godamit. so i went. it felt good to be back. i am happiest when i am sober and happiest when i am in the program. may hashem help me.

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 01 Dec 2010 21:14 #87538

• ur-a-jew
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey David, I noticed you've changed your screen name from The Never Believer. Does that mean you've started to believe?  Also are you the famous rage whose posts seemed to have all disappeared?  What's up with that?  Glad to see things are starting to turn around.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 01 Dec 2010 21:17 #87539

• Bear Jew
  • Fresh Boarder
ive always believed and i still dont believe.

i always believed that hashem is the only reason i have what i have and i still dont believe i can ever get better.

yes, yes, yes, the worst kept secret is that i am rage and rage is me.

i think im gonna start posting more in the general forum.

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 02 Dec 2010 03:46 #87574

• Dov
  • Administrator
Welcome back!

And where do you dig up these picture-thingies? They all seem like they are from a daVinci-Code satanic website or something.

I think it's pretty safe to say "we miss you, Rage!"

Are you "David" out on the rest of the forum, too, now?

8)

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 02 Dec 2010 14:18 #87634

• Bear Jew
  • Fresh Boarder
dov wrote on 02 Dec 2010 03:46:

Are you "David" out on the rest of the forum, too, now?

well, you see, there's this dov dude that implores us to use our real names and not be anonymous and says that by doing so, we can help out the cause, so ive decided to listen to that bugger.

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 03 Dec 2010 02:43 #87777

• ur-a-jew
  • Platinum Boarder
David, your posts seem to magically disappear with your name changes.  But a couple of weeks ago you had one on your difficulty with tefillah.  That Shabbos I came accross the following from Reb Hirsch on the possuk ויתפלל בעדך.  I've been meaning to post it but never had the chance to type it up.  Now that your back, I finally pushed myself to do it:

From the root פלל (to judge), related to בלל  as we have already seen in the account of the דור הפלגה, the בולל does not mix materials together; rather he introduces a foreign element into a substance and integrates some of the new into every particle of the old, thus creating a new substance. According to the Jewish conception this is the task of the judge.  Lies and injustice cause division, create conflict and dispute.  A judge introduces justice, the Divine truth of things, into the disputed matter creating harmonious unity where lies and injustice had caused conflict and division.

התפלל  means: to perform this task (פלל) upon oneself, to infuse every aspect of one’s being and existence with God’s truth, and thus attain for oneself harmonious integrity of all of life by the light of God’s Countenance.
Jewish tefillah, then, is antiethcial to the common conception of “prayer” Tefilah is not an outpouring from within, an expression of the heart already feels – for that we have other terms:  תחנה    שיח and the like.  Rather, tefillah means infusing the heart with truths that come from outside oneself.
Tefilah is עבודה שבלב; Mispallel means to work on refinishing one’s inner self, to elevate one’s mind and heart to the lofty heights of recognition of truth and desire for serving God.
If this were not the case, if Tefillah were but an outpouring of our emotions, it would make no sense to have fixed times and fixed texts for our prayers.  How could assume that all the members  of the community would be imbued with the same thoughts and the same emotions at predetermined times?
Moreover, prayer that is merely an expression of feeling is superfluous.  Thoughts and emotions that are already alive within us do not require expression, least of all expression in set phrases formulated by others that ourselves.  Deep inner experience always finds its own way of self-expression; and when the inner experience is exceedingly grand and profound, it is beyond all expression, and the most appropriate expression is silence.
It follows, then, that the whole purpose of our fixed prayers is to awaken the heart and to revive within it those timeless values that still require reinforcement and special care. One can truly say that the less we feel in the mood of prayer, the greater is our need to pray, the greater is the redeeming power and sublime value of the work upon ourselves hat we perform through Tefillah.  The absence of the mood for prayer is in itself the surest sign of the obscurement and dimming of that spirit that is not the basis for Tefillah but its goal and exalted purpose.

Re: Heart Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopeles 03 Dec 2010 16:41 #87857

• Bear Jew
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks ur-a-jew. its funny cuz i actually have no probs recognizing the turth in god...i actually believe that god created the world and that he gave us the torah, shebictav ushebeal peh....yessir, these are true to me as anything else...
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes