Welcome, Guest

Do SA Meetings Really Help
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do SA Meetings Really Help 313 Views

Do SA Meetings Really Help 03 Jan 2023 00:37 #390452

• Z251415
  • Fresh Boarder
Have you gone to meetings? do you still go? do you think its a must? why?

Re: Do SA Meetings Really Help 03 Jan 2023 13:41 #390468

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
Z251415 wrote on 03 Jan 2023 00:37:
Have you gone to meetings? do you still go? do you think its a must? why?

Depends:grinning:
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: Do SA Meetings Really Help 03 Jan 2023 21:12 #390492

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
For those who are addicts, meetings are an incredible yeshua, and those individuals should be encouraged to go. I am in touch with a number of great fellows who have benefited greatly, and/or are presently being helped by SA meetings.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Do SA Meetings Really Help 17 Jan 2023 16:57 #390948

• yankel62
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
How do you deal with the shame ? what do i do if i meet my brother there ? that's my main think what holds me back 

Re: Do SA Meetings Really Help 17 Jan 2023 22:18 #390958

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Everyone there is in the same boat and everyone recognizes that. The atmosphere is very non-judgmental and goal oriented.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Do SA Meetings Really Help 18 Jan 2023 20:50 #391007

• easy
  • Current streak: 34 days
  • Expert Boarder
1)i would love to meet my brother there then i can connect with him on a much deeper level.
2)if he is there he is struggling with the same issues what is the shame in that 
3) share the shame, for me keeping in the shame is one of the factors that causes me to fall
4)yes meetings are necessary. it is one of the foundations of the program
5) you can always drive to a farther meeting. and do more meetings on zoom
hatzlacha rabba  

Re: Do SA Meetings Really Help 18 Jan 2023 21:00 #391008

• easy
  • Current streak: 34 days
  • Expert Boarder
for me meetings 1) gets me out of myself to connect with other people.
2) gives me a place to share my thoughts and feelings no matter what they are. this is really important to me staying clean. and getting rid of resentments and obsessions
3) it is a place to hear experience strength and hope that for me is a key part of my recovery
this is just some of the reasons that i find it important. 

Re: Do SA Meetings Really Help 13 Mar 2023 03:08 #393229

• misgaber96
  • Current streak: 715 days
  • Expert Boarder
I shared this in a private chat
Dov explained that the big book describes powerlessness only after the first drink, but the first drink is your choiceI had to make boundries for myself, crossing a boundry is taking a first drink I then have to call my sponsor or friend because I am powerless beyond that point.
One thing, I remember my sponsor saying, just be safe once you have acted out, we are most vulnerable when we act out. play it safe for the next week or two, rehash the boundries, do a bit of extra reading, and be kind to yourself, write out a list of 5 things which make you feel safe and do those things, try hang around people
ACTING OUT IS TRAUMATIC both spiritually and physically, it has taken 6 months of recovery and I still feel that I am only getting better. more present, moe active, more caring and kind, bigger, more humble.. the list goes on, there is a TON to look forward to... this yetzer makes us loose sight of all outcomes.. good and bad, that is why step one is soooo important
Last Edit: 13 Mar 2023 03:09 by misgaber96.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes