Welcome, Guest

Inspirational 12-step writing
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inspirational 12-step writing 349 Views

Inspirational 12-step writing 18 Jun 2020 16:03 #351472

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
I would like to share (with permission)  a writing that I got from a person that is working on his recovery with the 12 step program, I hope it can help others with their work as well. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hashem sent me a clear message that I am an addict and I did not take recovery seriously till now.

So going forward: 

- I commit myself to the fully now with the help of Hashem.- I started the day with the prayer right after modeh ani

- I spoke to Hashem on the way to work the following:
"You created me with a defect because you know that is good for me. This defect is an illness just like someone that is missing a foot and they can not do anything to bring back the foot but they need to find a way to deal with it. You have all the power in the world and you can help me deal with this defect. You sent me a way to deal with this illness by working the 12 steps and giving my life and my will completely over to you. I know that in order to really give myself over to you I need to clear all obstacles that are in the way, like resentments, stress, arguments etc. I know also that you want me to work with other people as well to help with my recovery and help them with their recovery. This is all about not being selfish but about being selfless. Hashem,please guide me and help me that I should only want your will and only do your will always!"

- My commitment BL"N is to dedicate every day at least an hour (either with sponsor, or self work or meeting etc) for this work.

- I will also get numbers of other fellows in the group and try to be in steady contact with them daily.

Today I am only thinking about today. And I hope to do the same tomorrow and every day that Hashem will give me going forward.

Thank you Hashem and thank you to all people that are helping me with my recovery!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2020 16:04 by davidt.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes