Welcome, Guest

Going through the preamble
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Going through the preamble 1635 Views

Going through the preamble 26 Feb 2019 08:38 #339241

• mikestrucking
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I am a good person who is unfortunately sick
Hi guys,
Here I go again with an idea let's see how long this lasts. The idea is to post daily (or often) my thoughts about the preamble to an S.A. meeting in the hopes that somehow this will help me.
I'll start with "What is a sexaholic and what is sexual sobriety".
The first thing said is "We can only speak for ourselves" which means (to me) that we don't even have a monopoly on sexaholism. We simply explain "in terms of what we call the sexaholic". Which I understand to mean that the following definition will be what we work with to achieve recovery as defined by us. If someone wants what we have to offer they are more than welcome. If not, no problem perhaps there is indeed another form of recovery.
Formerly mikestruggling I just bought a truck. l hang out in the trailer and G-d drives. 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Going through the preamble 05 Mar 2019 09:36 #339400

• mikestrucking
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I am a good person who is unfortunately sick
"The sexaholic has taken himself or herself out of the whole context of what is right or wrong" As a sexaholic I've done lots of things which I find to be immoral or assur. Things I wouldn't have wanted to do. Not always have I done these things due to a major compulsion sometimes it's just why not. That's what my brain does to me often. It goes without saying that I'm not excused for the past and certainly not the future; however, it does mean that for me knowing how bad or forbidden these things are or even what their consequences are won't save me. Someone from S.A. here in Israel gave a great mashal. If erev shabbos 20 minutes before the zman I'm in a rush and my brain tells me that I have 3 hours until shabbos, and I start making phone calls etc. telling me about how chamur shabbos is won't help me. I need some sort of awakening to reality. The same goes for my addiction.
hatzlocho to all
Formerly mikestruggling I just bought a truck. l hang out in the trailer and G-d drives. 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes