Welcome, Guest

Perfect & Enough
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Perfect & Enough 298 Views

Perfect & Enough 15 Apr 2013 01:23 #205118

• Ota Avakesh
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
In the journey of my addiction and recovery I have noticed many of my trigger to acting out is the desire of wanting to be perfect. Not feeling enough as I am. I have such a desire of being perfect husband, father, member of the community, work and more......

I have noticed that due to those feelings I have put myself in many trigger situation. I create lots a anxiety, frustration and anger etc for myself.

I have been asking myself why do i wanna be the perfect in everything? Why I don't feel enough?

In recover also I have been expecting a lot from myself and the recovery. I get so frustrated after acting out and I feel down due to that and I tell myself that I'm not perfect in recovery. And that bothers me so much and puts me in a worse situations.....

I would like to hear some thought on this issue!

Thank You,

Ota Avakesh

Re: Perfect & Enough 11 Jun 2013 19:30 #208894

• Dov
  • Administrator
Excuse me but who are you? Ota avakesh is not your name and we here use our first names. That's not perfectionism, just a bottom line antidote to faking and hiding. If you use your real first name, I guarantee you will be halfway to clarity in your issue immediately.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes