Welcome, Guest

expecting miracles
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.
  • Page:

TOPIC: expecting miracles 5421 Views

expecting miracles 03 May 2011 08:17 #104988

• Serene smile
I've BH experienced 100's of miracles in recovery over the past 10 years. I'm not the only one. It's the best news in the world when we share victories together and how Hashem has clearly been present, for goodness, in our lives. Feel free to please share a victory, miracle, and positive experience of heavenly sincerity.
Last Edit: by .

Re: expecting miracles 03 May 2011 14:37 #105007

• StrugglingGuy
Hashem has helped me sometimes- a movie won't load; I'll get the inspiration to put my pants back on, etc. but sometimes I dont get that help. so talking about miracles is tricky

Re: expecting miracles 03 May 2011 15:58 #105014

• Serene smile
I understand what you mean. I really meant it for those who've had hatzlocha in staying sober, which I guess isn't 'fair'. Day after day, and year after year staying sober have shown me miracles beyond imagination. I'm grateful beyond words. Challenges are a guarantee no matter where or who someone is in life, so I understand that part too. I don't know why some stay sober and others who seem to be 'really trying' don't. I only have my experience and that of friends who share, to offer.

Re: expecting miracles 03 May 2011 17:49 #105035

• StrugglingGuy
im curious as to how your story unfolds. what types of miracles do u experience everyday? were u more prone to m or p or both? Im sure you did a lot of hishtadlus also...

Re: expecting miracles 03 May 2011 21:48 #105077

• Serene smile
I was, and still am, prone to both, and a variety of other stuff too. Being married helps. Also my wife has been to s-anon meetings. Provided I don't cheat (which BH I don't) this has proven to be great! I make calls about EVERY imaginable destructive character trait I experience. I look to connect to whatever friend I can in similar situations. Bills, kids, wife.. Etc.. All of which have shown me many many miracles in the last 8-9 years 

Re: expecting miracles 04 May 2011 14:12 #105111

• StrugglingGuy
bh

Re: expecting miracles 04 May 2011 16:05 #105123

• moshef
  • Gold Boarder
I have a question.  Why does it have to be a miracle that you are sober.  Why not say it’s psychological.  Doesn’t reaching out and staying connected to the others psychologically remove the obsession to lust.  On the rare occasions that I was able to reach out or post, it helped me immensely, it was not a miracle it was psychological. Lust breeds on isolation and fear.  Reaching out and connecting to people removes much of that.

The problem I have is that however hard I try, I can’t get myself to feel connect to anything recovery related. I need a miracle for that and so far none is forthcoming.

Re: expecting miracles 04 May 2011 19:46 #105162

• Serene smile
I mean through sobriety, honesty and sincerity, I've seen miracles in the rest of my life. With bills working out last minute (which I didn't screw up) children succeeding more than MANY of their classmates (and I was a classic rock bottom addict too) my wife and I feeling as ONE unit almost every day on the same page etc.. Yes, ALL OF LIFE is a miracle, I've just been able to be AWARE of it..  BH. (I wish the same and even more for all of us)

Re: expecting miracles 05 May 2011 12:11 #105216

• Serene smile
... And by far the biggest miracle; my wife, yes my wife, who does not in any way shape or form fit my ideal image of a 'trigger', has BH, become a trigger for me. We have a passionate alive relationship.

Re: expecting miracles 05 May 2011 16:29 #105234

• StrugglingGuy
u mean she has become a kosher trigger for you? so that you dont have to depend on images, etc.-?

Re: expecting miracles 05 May 2011 17:58 #105249

• Serene smile
Absolutely yes..

Re: expecting miracles 05 May 2011 20:25 #105290

• StrugglingGuy
wonderful bh.
i myself am engaged and had my first chasan class today...

Re: expecting miracles 05 May 2011 20:29 #105293

• heuni memass
Serene smile wrote on 05 May 2011 12:11:

... And by far the biggest miracle; my wife, yes my wife, who does not in any way shape or form fit my ideal image of a 'trigger', has BH, become a trigger for me. We have a passionate alive relationship.

Kein yirbu b'yisroel.

Re: expecting miracles 05 May 2011 22:14 #105319

• Serene smile
Mazal tov on the engagement! I've found that my wife actually APPRECIATES (very much so :-)) the wild side of me. BH she feels
confident that %100 of my heart and body now belong to her. (Besides normal daily stress).We each feel eachother's joy and stress. Life is no party or picnic, but having a spouse 'on the same page' is a blessing beyond words. She's been to s-anon which helped her understand her own shortcomings and false expectations of me: a imperfect man happily struggling and dancing through life as her husband....as long as I stay sober and focused on growth and simcha, statistically, I've got every reason to believe it'll stay this way and even better as life's blessings keep coming

Re: expecting miracles 03 Dec 2013 04:20 #224354

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
the 'miracles' seem to be mainly due to an optimistic positive upbeat attitude, the question is if that is also the secret to the wifes attitude reaction and to this situation which would be such a bracha and real 'miracle' that so many others on this site would do anything to be zocheh to have
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes