Welcome, Guest

How Can GYE Become Even Better?
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 5539 Views

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 08 Feb 2010 01:25 #51821

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
if not, all the newfound fame and haskamos, will go-up in a cloud of smoke called a CHEREM!! Ok even if they don't do that, taking away the haskamos will take every ben-torah a yarie shamayim out of here Rev GUARD included.   Mybe we can launch a 'pilot program' under the auspices of the NCSY, specificly geared toward their crowd !!!!

Hey GUARD, BINGO!!! make GYE-NCSY, under the same derech, but it's own site (use the OU server).  The overflow off teenagers from chasing away the adults! I already got you all the emails to send-out the letter!

Additionaly, the concept of tergeting various religious audiences, in addition to the yeshivish/black hat/ jacket/ members who arre rolling their eyes at this  sectors of the jewish worls. We need multiple forums, based of websites that those sectors rally around.

Modox teens -
Yeshivish teens -
women -  Created
wives of addicts - created
____other____ -
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2010 03:22 by .

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 08 Feb 2010 02:16 #51835

Facebook = Free advertising to millions.
Last Edit: by .

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 08 Feb 2010 15:27 #51900

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think that GYE has never had trouble running 100% in line with the torah - and at the same time, we can lovingly accept our brothers who are not orthodox. We're helping them get closer to hashem, too, certainly in this area.

We don't have to pressure them to become frum tomorrow, and they don't have to justify themselves. Obviously, people who disrespect torah and hashem need to find another avenue...but showing respect for the people that you're with and the place that you're in isn't very demanding, and people from ALL sects can appreciate that.

The beauty of GYE has, for me, always been the fact that so many different types of people can join together, share, and grow together.

We, of all people, should know better than to exclude people because of their level of observance - for years, we've been violating the worst aveiros. Its easy to point fingers and feel good about the fact that we're "better" than someone else, but then we lose sight of what we're really here for.  To learn, and grow - not to reassure ourselves that there are other people on a lower level than us (when generally, we're wrong about that, too).

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 08 Feb 2010 15:41 #51907

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
silentbattle wrote on 08 Feb 2010 15:27:

We, of all people, should know better than to exclude people because of their level of observance - for years, we've been violating the worst aveiros. Its easy to point fingers and feel good about the fact that we're "better" than someone else, but then we lose sight of what we're really here for.  To learn, and grow - not to reassure ourselves that there are other people on a lower level than us (when generally, we're wrong about that, too).

No sincere person is being excluded from the GYE forum.  The question was whether there should be a separate forum for Conservative and Reform Jews.  I think the answer is clearly in the negative.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 08 Feb 2010 16:04 #51918

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
As long as no one posts anti-Torah views, they are welcome to post - religious, non-religious, even non-Jews...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 08 Feb 2010 18:16 #51957

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!

I think that GYE has never had trouble running 100% in line with the torah - and at the same time, we can lovingly accept our brothers who are not orthodox. We're helping them get closer to hashem, too, certainly in this area.

We don't have to pressure them to become frum tomorrow, and they don't have to justify themselves. Obviously, people who disrespect torah and hashem need to find another avenue...but showing respect for the people that you're with and the place that you're in isn't very demanding, and people from ALL sects can appreciate that.

The beauty of GYE has, for me, always been the fact that so many different types of people can join together, share, and grow together.

Totally agree!
And with Guards response too.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 08 Feb 2010 19:25 #51965

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
7Up wrote on 08 Feb 2010 18:16:

Totally agree!
And with Guards response too.

I agree too, except that I don't think anyone was suggesting to exclude anyone, so I don't know what prompted SB's response.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 15 Feb 2010 00:36 #53189

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
I don't know why I did not think of this before, nor have I seen it mentioned anywhere.

It's really simple and absolutely necessary - if it can be done!

It would be great to have programs based on GYE that can be accessed wlthout the internet. It's not internet addiction, it's sexual addiction of all kinds that is the real issue.

Right?

Now, this is not for me so much as I am online, but I suppose many others are not. They still can have serious problems, even worse ones.
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2010 01:16 by .

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 15 Feb 2010 00:48 #53190

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
There are:

1. Literature. Much has been posted on the site. It could be put into booklet, book, telephone, formats.

2. Telephone contact with GYE therapists and sponsors.

( I hope to add to this list. This alone is actually a lot, but there must be much more that can be done even without having to go online.)

Re: How Can GYE Become Even Better? 15 Feb 2010 00:54 #53192

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 08 Feb 2010 15:41:

No sincere person is being excluded from the GYE forum.  The question was whether there should be a separate forum for Conservative and Reform Jews.  I think the answer is clearly in the negative.

Personally, I do not think that they should be separate. They are trying to conform and do tshuvoh just like everyone else. If not, they have no reason to be here. However, if necessary, there are plenty of moderators here, besides for the Guard who can direct the general mehalech.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes