Welcome, Guest

THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy?
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.
  • Page:

TOPIC: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 2567 Views

THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 30 Jan 2010 23:10 #49717

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Rabbosai, I turn to you with a personal plea. I can't do it alone anymore. I need to hire staff to help me out.

If anyone has any wealthy relatives or friends that may understand the importance of what we are doing here, please feel free to download the GYE Presentation over here. It includes the two Haskamos (from Rav Feldman and from Rabbi Twerski) as well as screen shots of our websites, and a bunch of powerful testimonials as well. It also has various articles that were printed about our work, and some testimonials from Rabbanim and therapists...

I also highly suggest downloading the file called "The GYE Lighthouse" (I just finished updating it now), which is a POWERFUL presentation showing the severity of the problem in our generation, bringing frightening testimonials from our very best and brightest, as well as some quotes that show the "culture of denial" that is prevalent in our society (see the end).

If you can show them the handbooks too, that would be great. They can be downloaded on our website.

Ostensibly, this would all need to be printed out. If this is hard for you but you have a good lead, let me know and I'll have it all printed out and mailed to you.

If you have someone wealthy to show this all to, I would be happy to give you a tour through the presentation and explain it more in depth by phone. Send me an e-mail to discuss this further. I would also be happy to talk with any potential donors in person.

P.S. If you do try to get us a donation, please stress that we are desperate for "monthly support". Meaning, that instead of getting a 1-time donation, we need wealthy donors who can commit to, say, $1000 (or $2000) / month for a year (or for as long as they can afford to). In this way, we can finally afford to hire staff to work along side me and help out! (Of course, if the 1-time donation is big enough, this would not be necessary   :D)

Thank you so much, and Tizke Lemitzvos!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2010 00:13 by .

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 31 Jan 2010 09:01 #49826

• the.guard
Bill Gates just donated 10 Billion dollars for vaccines... Common guys, I'm not even asking for 1 billion. It shouldn't be that hard 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 31 Jan 2010 17:21 #49894

• the.guard
Our Solicitation department has come up with a new, creative and limited offer:

Help GYE and Own a Piece of History!

As you probably know, this week made history for both GYE and Klal Yisrael, when GYE received a groundbreaking letter of support from Rav Aharon Feldman, Shlita, Rosh Yeshiva of Ner Yisroel in Baltimore, and member of the Moetzes Gedolei HaTorah of America.  The letter is groundbreaking, in that it is probably the first by someone of the Rosh Yeshiva's stature to fully acknowledge the extent and scope of the problem, and to further acknowledge that we're dealing with an addiction/illness, not with people who are evil and simply need to exercise better self control. The Rosh Yeshiva concluded by giving a very strong endorsement to all the tools GYE has to offer, both online and offline, as an effective way to help people escape from this painful addiction.  He stated that GYE "is worthy of the encouragement and financial support of every Jew."  It is safe to say that this letter is a first in the history of Klal Yisrael.

GYE is in possession of a few original signed copies of the Rosh Yeshiva's Haskama.  Funds are currently scarce for GYE, and we would like to offer you a piece of history as a token of appreciation for your support.  For a minimum donation of $500, we'll send you one of the original letters, personally signed by the Rosh Yeshiva.  

Offer is for a limited time only and while supplies last.  If you're interested, send an e-mail to eyes.guard@gmail.com, or send me a PM.

P.S. If you can't afford $500, you can still get this signed letter if you make a connection for us with a wealthy donor, and the connection yields a minimum donation of $1000.
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2010 08:29 by .

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 31 Jan 2010 23:38 #50021

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Guard I hate to tell you, but that dowload site for the "presentation" gave me an ad with 2 cartoons of 90% n***** women. You wanna find another way to do these downloads?? like a Gmail document that allows sharing (but not editing) to anyone?

[Moderator's note: Just trying to avoid triggers here].
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2010 00:12 by .

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 01 Feb 2010 00:11 #50026

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
shemirateinayim wrote on 31 Jan 2010 23:38:

Guard I hate to tell you, but that dowload site for the "presentation" gave me an ad with 2 cartoons of 90% n***** women. You wana find another way to do these downloads?? like a Gmail document that allows sharing (but noot editing) to anyone?

I didn't get any such ad - maybe K9 blocked it.  Which filter do you use?
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 01 Feb 2010 08:30 #50130

• the.guard
shemirateinayim wrote on 31 Jan 2010 23:38:

Guard I hate to tell you, but that dowload site for the "presentation" gave me an ad with 2 cartoons of 90% n***** women. You wanna find another way to do these downloads?? like a Gmail document that allows sharing (but not editing) to anyone?

[Moderator's note: Just trying to avoid triggers here].

YIKES!! I surely never saw any such ads on this site!! Are you talking about sendspace? The actual download page had ads on it?

I'm so sorry. I'll have to think of another plan...

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 01 Feb 2010 12:21 #50142

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Again, I saw no such ads.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 02 Feb 2010 04:27 #50427

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
i use a revolutionary "bionic filter" called 'Eyelids'.  After many years of painstaking research, the most gifted minds of our generation have found a way to filter the content veiwed by our eyes (the most sensitive organ of our body). Teams of researchers have descovered that by training the human eyelid to close, one can effectively block-out all unwanted content. Coupled with such exersices known as squinting, and peripheral vision, mankind has found a way to bridge the gap between internet content filters, and real life visual content.

I can't ask my parents to install one, the best i can do Is keep hilchos yichud with the computer. And be someich on the deios that a hecker (lock, or turned-off computer) does the job.    The problem is that it doesn't, hey...brainfash.....lichbulb igniting over head (Ner Daluk Al rosho Veroeh Misof Haolam Viad Sofah)....If I just do this, i'll be keeping halacha, and for the most part keeping clean!!

Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010 07:57 by .

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 03 Feb 2010 07:58 #50821

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
cmon not a single coment??!!!!  I personaly felt that that was one of my best lines in months!  not a sinlge laugh?  mybe I gotta cut-paste it onto the 'funnies' thread

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 03 Feb 2010 11:11 #50836

• kedusha
  • Administrator
shemirateinayim wrote on 02 Feb 2010 04:27:

i use a revolutionary "bionic filter" called 'Eyelids'.  After many years of painstaking research, the most gifted minds of our generation have found a way to filter the content veiwed by our eyes (the most sensitive organ of our body). Teams of researchers have descovered that by training the human eyelid to close, one can effectively block-out all unwanted content. Coupled with such exersices known as squinting, and peripheral vision, mankind has found a way to bridge the gap between internet content filters, and real life visual content.

Very clever!  Sorry for not commenting earlier!

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 21 Dec 2010 18:16 #90044

• ramatganinternational
hi, can i have access to the balabatim's forum? i believe i qualify as im married!

Re: THE GYE PRESENTATION: Do you know anyone wealthy? 17 Feb 2011 01:50 #97322

• Astir
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Expert Boarder
even if you can't install a filter, surely your parents wouldn't object to a completely innocuous adblocker? it not only removes most non-intentional pritzus (i.e., ads on otherwise legit sites, as opposed to problematic sites themselves), it even makes the internet work faster and less annoying! without actually interfering with any other functions (yes, obviously, in the larger context this makes it less preferable than a proper filter but you said that's not possible...)

...wait... do you use internet explorer or firefox/chrome/other? Because if you use internet explorer, you might want to convince your parents that it's worthwhile to switch-- firefox is faster, safer, and muuuch less vulnerable to viruses. (and internet explorer doesn't have good adblocking options, whereas firefox's adblock is EXCELLENT-- haven't seen an ad in years. except when i use IE)

or if firefox isn't your speed, Chrome also has adblock. and less security vulnerabilities 9okay, basically ANYTHING is better than IE, which is known to be particularly vulnerable)

---

Why would your parents not allow downloading a filter? Because depending on the reason, there are several options still available---

1. They are suspicious of "Downloads" as unsafe/ don't want any additional programs running in the background--- firefox/chrome addons aren't really new programs? They're just widgets of code added into your firefox program files.
2. They dislike filters that interfere with their browsing experience by blocking loads of "false positives"-- legit sites they want to get into?-- because if so even some much less restrictive filters are better than none at all... but also, you have the option to create different profiles in firefox. this would take willpower, obviously, but you could always make sure to use your (heavily blocked) profile while browsing, and then switch to theirs before you leave...
...or some other reason?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes