Welcome, Guest

Cut backs on posting by Admin
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cut backs on posting by Admin 5289 Views

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 28 Jan 2009 18:15 #2581

• mdmjerusalem
Thanks Guard for the assurance.
And the Kiruv, I necessitate so badly.

Last Edit: 28 Jan 2009 18:16 by .

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 28 Jan 2009 18:30 #2584

• Someone
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
I will add my thanks to all the others that are here already!!! I cannot fully express my thank-fullness in words, therefore I will give you a mental hug   

I have maybe a simple advice (I am sure you have thought of it, but Ill say it anyway), in-stead of trying to manage the whole site on your own, why don't you ask others to help you? The administrative sides I mean; like updating the wall or things like that! I of course do not know where or how the servers are hosted, but with all the modern-day technology, it shouldn't be a problem I believe.

I apologize in case you already have a team of technicians working on it and this is an outdated idea

If I can help in ANY way, let me know!

/JG
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2009 18:32 by .

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 28 Jan 2009 19:21 #2587

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
My plan is one day when we have some sponsors, to hire a programmer to develop a "Wall of Honor" chart that users can sign up to, put in their own information, such as their own starting date, username, etc... and then each few days they could log in using their password and update their own charts. Also, one day we'll have a section where users can post they are looking for partners / sponsors and put in their details and be able to find matches themselves... But this is all done manually now. It's truly my honor to do it - don't get me wrong. But as the site will grow G-d willing, it will become more and more necessary to automate these things :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 28 Jan 2009 20:10 #2589

• me
Ben,

As I stated above, This type of decision does not concern speaking to one's Rebbeim. the Rebbeim can only give an answer to someone,  based upon the persons question, and based upon the information the questioner provides.. And I will say that no one knows us better than ourselves.....other than Hashem of course.
  No, this is for the Holy yid to work together with his Eizer K'negdo,and to ask Hashem to help, and thereby plow the menuval over. In fact just the opposite. The menuval is trying to cool things off, so instead let's move in quicker. This will make him think next time.

And to be yotzei the advice of one the Rebbeim who said to give "10% like masser". I worked it out. Rav Guard will 'maybe' not answer 10% of the replies that do NOT needs answers.

Last Edit: 28 Jan 2009 20:20 by .

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 28 Jan 2009 20:31 #2590

• Binyomin5766
Hi Me,

I see where I was unclear, so allow me to clarify.  Not every time that I speak to my rav am I asking for a decision on what specific action I should take.  Sometimes, more often then not actually, I am seeking advice and input from someone who knows me and who understand hashkofa better than I do, who can help me work my way through the issues I am facing.  So there is consulting your rav and there is consulting your rav.  Sorry for being ambiguous. 

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 28 Jan 2009 20:32 #2591

• Mevakesh Hashem
Don't worry my dear brothers and sisters, GUARD will always be there for each and every one of us when needed. Hashem will bless him with the answer to all his worries and strains, and he will once again be back to his good old self!

If I can be of service to anyone at any time, please do not hesitate to give me a holler!

And don't forget, that HASHEM, the true GUARDian of Israel, is always there for us!

Chazak V'Ematz!

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 28 Jan 2009 20:43 #2595

• me
It sounds like the great Mevakesh is getting ready to give a large donation.  ;D

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 28 Jan 2009 20:52 #2599

• Mevakesh Hashem
Indeed, I am ready and willing to donate as much time as the Ribono Shel Olam allows me to inhelping my dear brothers and sisters who are struggling with their wicked Yetzer Haras!

Chazak V'Ematz!

Re: Cut backs on posting by Admin 12 Dec 2020 21:49 #358566

• excellence
  • Current streak: 57 days
  • Platinum Boarder
the.guard wrote on 28 Jan 2009 19:21:
My plan is one day when we have some sponsors, to hire a programmer to develop a "Wall of Honor" chart that users can sign up to, put in their own information, such as their own starting date, username, etc... and then each few days they could log in using their password and update their own charts. Also, one day we'll have a section where users can post they are looking for partners / sponsors and put in their details and be able to find matches themselves... But this is all done manually now. It's truly my honor to do it - don't get me wrong. But as the site will grow G-d willing, it will become more and more necessary to automate these things :D

Just read through this thread, it's inspired me to read about GYEs early days where they had no idea to what extent their efforts will bear fruits.
​It makes me appreciate how much we have no idea what effect every bit of effort we put in can have.
GYE  אשריכם GYE  אשריכם GYE  אשריכם GYE  אשריכם
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes