Welcome, Guest

Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.

TOPIC: Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum 6997 Views

Re: Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum 29 Jan 2009 16:40 #2644

• mdmjerusalem
Dearest Boruch
Hi friend, we are really happy that another Yid joined the fight, and that we can learn from your experience and messages. However it is not for a friendly letter that I sat down to write in middle of a busy day, absolutely not. It is due to Kovod Hatorah that I must utilize my time to denounce your action.
Sorry to disappoint you, I realize you like feel tough and enjoy to sound brave. Nevertheless you performed like a guest which supposes to comprehend the town's ins and outs on his initial stopover.
Do some research you will perceive that our Rebbe Guard has never had the slightest problem of agreeing. Precisely the opposite is true the Rebbe is too flexible, always trying to find some truth in the other's declaration.
His hesitation to ask Rabbi Twersky is rooted in his form of action; to respond according to his group; and at their request everything is easily done. So please study our language and partake in our group properly.
I feel sorry for offending you. And hope it is for the better.
Your Pal
MD
Last Edit: 29 Jan 2009 20:11 by yesod31.

Re: Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum 09 Feb 2009 15:43 #2923

• mdmjerusalem
Hi Boruch We are happy that you are well  and back with us here.
I hope that it was not the minor scuffle that knocked you down, my apologies if I hurt your feelings.

Last Edit: 09 Feb 2009 20:20 by Danmonster82.

Re: Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum 09 Feb 2009 17:33 #2925

• boruch
MD Ashdod wrote on 29 Jan 2009 16:40:

Dearest Boruch
... It is due to Kovod Hatorah that I must utilize my time to denounce your action.
Sorry to disappoint you, I realize you like feel tough and enjoy to sound brave. Nevertheless you performed like a guest which supposes to comprehend the town's ins and outs on his initial stopover.
Do some research you will perceive that our Rebbe Guard has never had the slightest problem of agreeing. Precisely the opposite is true the Rebbe is too flexible, always trying to find some truth in the other's declaration.

MD, I am not the only one capable of missing the point. Just as I was and am not as familiar as you with Guard and the workings of the group you are equally not yet familiar with my posts and you read meanings into my words that were never there. I did not ever accuse Guard of being stubborn and difficult. I did, in my enthusiasm, go quite far in using him to describe the difficulties that anyone and everyone has asking, the seemingly legitimate reasons that we all often use to defer from asking and how we can all take a valuable lesson.

Yes, more respect was certainly due to Guard, not because of kovod hatorah, just because of basic derech eretz and hakoras hatov (that's probably what you were trying to say). He is, after all, the founder of the site. And he has certainly been very patient with me despite the initial upheaval that some of my posts created. He was one of those, fortunately not too few here on this forum, who was able to see that beyond the bluster and turbulence there was actually someone genuine, trying to find himself and his place on these forums.

MD Ashdod wrote on 29 Jan 2009 16:40:

I feel sorry for offending you. And hope it is for the better.
Your Pal

You didn't offend me at all, people who cannot take discussion of their own shortcomings have no business discussing the shortcomings of others. So, yes, my diplomacy, derech eretz and hakoras hatov were not what they should have been, and what I said could have been put quite differently, yes, I have many faults, but getting insulted by criticism is, at least, not one of them.

So, keep the feedback coming, especially the negative feedback, there's always room for improvement and if I am ever gone, it's not because you have upset me, it's because I am very busy.
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2009 17:39 by hopefulyid.

Re: Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum 09 Feb 2009 17:35 #2926

• boruch
MD Ashdod wrote on 09 Feb 2009 15:43:

Hi Boruch We are happy that you are well  and back with us here.
I hope that it was not the minor scuffle did that knocked you down, my apologies if I hurt your feelings.

Hi MD,
I actually didn't read any of your points here until this morning. No worries at all. Feel free to speak your mind, I am not the sensitive type and appreciate the feedback.

boruch
Last Edit: by hopefulyid.

Re: Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum 09 Feb 2009 20:58 #2941

• mdmjerusalem
Thanks Boruch, We are happy to hear that you were not offended.
I perceive it is unnecessary to inspect what you “did” or “did not” write being that you understand that it was incorrect.
I would like end this conversation with some “short” piece advice, try to keep your comments short and clear, beating around the bush, confuses the readers, instigates machlokes, and misuses valuable time.
Bye Pal
MD
Last Edit: by sf18.

Re: Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum 17 Feb 2009 18:42 #3071

• boruch
MD Ashdod wrote on 09 Feb 2009 20:58:

I would like end this conversation with some “short” piece advice, try to keep your comments short and clear, beating around the bush, confuses the readers, instigates machlokes, and misuses valuable time.
Bye Pal
MD

working it...

boruch
Last Edit: by P.almoni.

Re: Announcing the new WOMEN'S Forum 18 Feb 2009 09:29 #3087

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I just want to say that I actually enjoy boruch's verbosity as I think it allows him to really express himself clearly without leaving room for misunderstanding or misinterpretation. Sometimes being concise is not warranted because it is not effective. Keep it up boruch!!
Last Edit: by .
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes