Welcome, Guest

GYE IN YIDDISH!
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.
  • Page:

TOPIC: GYE IN YIDDISH! 5648 Views

GYE IN YIDDISH! 13 Nov 2010 19:59 #84685

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
If you understand Yiddish better than English, send me an e-mail and I'll send you the GYE Attitude handbook translated into Yiddish.

The second part of the handbook is currently being translated as well.

An anonymous Tzadik is sponsoring the project at a cost of about $5,000. It is being done very professionally! (Even more professionally than I wrote it, in my humble opinion  :D)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 17:32 #84806

• David712
  • Current streak: 26 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank You guard once again- never a dull moment. "Henei lo yanum v'elo yishon Shomer"

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 17:38 #84808

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 13 Nov 2010 19:59:

If you understand Yiddish better than English, send me an e-mail and I'll send you the GYE Attitude handbook translated into Yiddish.

The second part of the handbook is currently being translated as well.

An anonymous Tzadik is sponsoring the project at a cost of about $5,000. It is being done very professionally! (Even more professionally than I wrote it, in my humble opinion  :D)

Vus is dus?  ;D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 17:41 #84810

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Do Yiddish speakers have this problem?! :-\ :-\ :-\
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 17:42 #84811

• the.guard
The guy sponsoring it claims this is a huge problem in chassidic circles today in the U.S, and that the guys don't speak English vell eenuf to read the current handbooks.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 17:45 #84813

• kedusha
  • Administrator
I believe it!

Indeed, someone who's been raised in a very sheltered environment will often be a sitting duck for the tests of the Internet if he doesn't set up the proper safeguards in advance.

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 18:28 #84837

• aa1977
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • Time takes Time
Ober ich kuk nor oif shiksas, un dos is ziche muter, nein? 

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 18:34 #84841

• kedusha
  • Administrator
NEIN!!!  > > >

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 19:48 #84850

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevaldik!

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 20:15 #84852

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 14 Nov 2010 17:42:

The guy sponsoring it claims this is a huge problem in chassidic circles today in the U.S, and that the guys don't speak English vell eenuf to read the current handbooks.

u r awesome reb Guard
i once asked my therapist, why he is not learnign to speak in Yiddish, being that he deals with tons of chasidim, his answer was that most addicts coming to him whether they know english or not in general, they do know these terms very well in english, so go figure
but there sure is a big zchus to have this in Yiddish as most guys in my community wont eb able to understand it in english, im different cuz i am an addict so i do understand

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 20:39 #84853

• bardichev
thank you guard for not descriminating

thr YH does not descriminate

he is an equal oppurtunity employer

please chevra don't use this forum to bash any community

unfortunatly there is no one community/family/ person

that can say

my house is in order

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 21:23 #84860

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Bards,

When you're ready to learn a bissel Yiddish, let me know!  ;D

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 14 Nov 2010 22:08 #84866

• bardichev
mach nisht fun

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 15 Nov 2010 18:17 #84962

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 14 Nov 2010 20:39:

thank you guard for not descriminating

So when is the handbook coming out in E-bonics?

Re: GYE IN YIDDISH! 15 Nov 2010 20:21 #84990

• the.guard
The whole GYE was worth it just for the moment that JewinPain decided to change his name to Jewinprogress.

jewinprogress wrote on 14 Nov 2010 20:15:

guardureyes wrote on 14 Nov 2010 17:42:

u r awesome reb Guard
i once asked my therapist, why he is not learnign to speak in Yiddish, being that he deals with tons of chasidim, his answer was that most addicts coming to him whether they know english or not in general, they do know these terms very well in english, so go figure
but there sure is a big zchus to have this in Yiddish as most guys in my community wont eb able to understand it in english, im different cuz i am an addict so i do understand
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes