Welcome, Guest

PostalServicio's Battle Log
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: PostalServicio's Battle Log 17548 Views

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 01 Jan 2009 23:12 #1784

• PostalServicio
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
learn from my mistake...

i thought i would get a phone with internet so that i could learn when i don't have sfarim or my computer with me...

i wanted the phone for the right reasons....i wanted it so that i wouldn't waste time that i could have spent learning....not a single thought ran through my mind of using the internet capabilities on the phone to look at filth, until i actually had the phone in my hand.

And yet, one of the first things i did was just, just hours after getting it, i fell.

I tried to justify still having the internet access...but the losses far outweigh any gains that i could have gotten from it.

...i've gotten rid of it....good riddance too.

so...don't let the YH convince you that you're doing something for the right reasons, when in reality he just wants you to give in and fall...

Last Edit: by .

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 01 Jan 2009 23:21 #1785

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
So right!! Rav Tzvi Meyer says on the Pasuk "Yiru es Hashem Kidoshav, ki ain machsor liray'av" - if a person thinks they will gain some spiritual gain by going somewhere or doing something, but in the process of doing it or going there they know there is a spiritual danger, for example, if they want to go to a Shiur somewhere but they know that on the way they will pass an area that will be a test for them, so if they fear Hashem and give UP the "kedoshav" and DON'T go, in other words, if they put Yiru es Hashem BEFORE Kedoshav, then they should know - Ki AIN MACHSOR LIRAY'AV, they WON'T lose by it and Hashem will make sure that they gain the spiritual benefit that they wanted to gain ANYWAY.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 01 Jan 2009 23:25 #1786

• the.guard
Just thought I'd mention... www.thejnet.com developed recently a filter for blackberries (maybe for other cell phones too).

Check it out everyone!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by BenNoah.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 02 Jan 2009 00:07 #1788

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
thanks for the additional insight GUE!

where in the jnet site can i find info on their blackberry filter...i can't seem to find anything about it?
Last Edit: by surrender2gd.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 02 Jan 2009 13:04 #1792

• the.guard
It's something new, maybe it's not on the site yet. Give them a call. The number is on the site.
Last Edit: by freedomlover.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 04 Jan 2009 04:33 #1809

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
Day 17 done!
Last Edit: by lumalumama.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 04 Jan 2009 15:37 #1819

• the.guard
After reading your progress, I posted an announcement in the "Announcement" section of the forum. I had YOU in mind postal!
Last Edit: by digger999.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 05 Jan 2009 03:35 #1827

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
Day 18 complete.

GUE, I can't believe I would be the one you had in mind for such an INSPIRATIONAL and IMPORTANT announcement!...There are so so so many holy warriors here whose spiritual levels i hope to one day reach.

Inspired by the capacity within me (and within all of us) to make REAL change in our lives through taking on the yetzar hara head on (an all-out assault from all directions at full speed, no mercy...if only Israel would do the same!), I've decided to take what i've learned in this war and try to apply it in another area of my life that the yetzar hara has completely taken over.

It definitely will be a different mission (more of a "duty of the heart" rather than not doing a negative prohibition) so different tactics will be necessary . But the yetzar hara uses essentially the same strategy...LIES, LIES, and more LIES.

Any advice on how to apply what we are doing here to other areas of our lives that aren't so clear cut as "don't do so and so"? Have any other soldiers been emboldened and inspired by this fight to open up an entirely new front against the yetzar hara?

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 05 Jan 2009 11:23 #1832

• the.guard
I have the perfect peice to answer this important question of yours, Postal. As a matter of fact, I will send it out as today's Chizuk e-mail iy"h! :D

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 05 Jan 2009 15:57 #1836

• the.guard
Well, I don't know if today's e-mail answers your question exactly, but the idea is that we can learn from our struggle in this area - we can learn from the Yetzer Hara himself - how to serve Hashem better in all areas.
Last Edit: by chazak1.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 07 Jan 2009 12:29 #1860

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
Day 20 is over...

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 07 Jan 2009 13:13 #1862

• battleworn
Postal, one of the main reasons Hashem gives people this great test is that they should discover their inner stength and the heavenly asistence available. Hashem is telling you "Look what you can accomplish!" and B'H you got the message!
Also, as long as ones life is running smoothly he may not realize how much the y'h is in control. Only when you start to wage war, do you realize how the whole system works, and then you can use that knowledge on other fronts! I wish you tremendous Hatzlochoh in bashing that mean menuval on all fronts!

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 09 Jan 2009 03:45 #1889

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
21 and 22....done and done. B'H, staying strong and the fences have been impenetrable. I've learned my lesson not to let the yh help me create the fences.

Thanks for the chizuk battleworn.
Last Edit: by Dovidl.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 11 Jan 2009 04:49 #1915

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
23 & 24 done...

still staying strong...

Last Edit: by yishay.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 13 Jan 2009 12:35 #1972

• PostalServicio