Welcome, Guest

PostalServicio's Battle Log
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: PostalServicio's Battle Log 17549 Views

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 21 Dec 2008 03:42 #1563

• PostalServicio
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
So it took a little longer than expected to get back to 3 days...

when you're in shock about failing, its hard to remember to look inside yourself and figure out why you failed and what you can do to prevent it....so i failed again in the exact same way.

now i've spent the proper time learning from my mistake...and i'm bringing something new to my arsenal.

i read over shabbos that teshuvah is something that should be done everyday for the sins of the past because everyday you can add something new to your teshuva with the hope that one day it will be a "teshuva shleima."

that really struck me as something that was missing from my previous streak of 27 days. not only was teshuva missing, but I was overconfident and I got complacent and didnt even see the YH until it was too late.

the problem is that each time I fail, its often in a new way....so how do i arm myself to fight off the YH when he bring tactics I hadn't seen before?

so maybe the idea of doing teshuva a little bit every day could help.

i'm going to try to do teshuva a little bit everyday and try to have the enthusiasm and determination to fight the YH that unfortunately i only see after failing.

3 days complete...
Last Edit: by .

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 21 Dec 2008 08:56 #1571

• me
Tshuva is an unbelievable aresonal against the Y'H.

What does he do?  He entices us to sin, and then he comes back  to be M'katreg on us. He tells us how good it is going to be, and then when we liisten, he sits on the side of the prosecution.

But, what does Rebbie Nachman teach in the L'kutei Moron?

כשיש דין למטה....אין דין למעלה

When every day we do vidui,and we tell Hasham I did this today, I looked at that yesterday, I thought and wanted to do this and that. Yes, we mention  ALL of the details to Hashem, EVERYTHING that we did or wanted to do.....then we have this gift from above, that...

"When YOU  are judging YOURSELF, i.e. making the Din here in this world, so, then there will NOT be any judgement to take place in the upper world, (where the menuval is sitting). Do this every day.
Last Edit: 22 Dec 2008 12:16 by .

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 21 Dec 2008 23:11 #1613

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Postal, you're back on the chart! Keep it up.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 22 Dec 2008 03:57 #1621

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
thanks me and gue!

thanks for the additional insight on doing tshuva every day...

tshuva and hisbodedus has definitely helped...my day feels different when i'm constantly in conversation with Hashem

day 4 complete...seems like eternity until i pass my previous record (even though its nothing compared to some of the great tzaddikim on this board)

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 22 Dec 2008 11:01 #1626

• the.guard
Don't look at the future. Look only at today!

Read some of the amazing Chizuk going on on this thread.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 25 Dec 2008 03:22 #1667

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
7 days complete...

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 25 Dec 2008 20:43 #1677

• the.guard
Keep it up, I updated your chart! You are back in the game, doing the work of the King of kings!

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 26 Dec 2008 22:05 #1690

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
8 days complete...

Question: Does the YH (the angel sent by Hashem) only accomplish its mission when its overcome each time? I thought i remembered reading about this in regards to Yaacov defeating Esav'a angel, and once the angel was defeated it could go back to Shamayim and sing Hashem's praise.

...if so, this is definitely an important insight into the YH to keep in mind when he attacks.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 28 Dec 2008 04:07 #1693

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
Day 10 complete...

hope all you tzaddikim in EY are safe

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 28 Dec 2008 21:58 #1698

• the.guard
PostalServicio wrote on 26 Dec 2008 22:05:

Question: Does the YH (the angel sent by Hashem) only accomplish its mission when its overcome each time? I thought i remembered reading about this in regards to Yaacov defeating Esav'a angel, and once the angel was defeated it could go back to Shamayim and sing Hashem's praise.
...if so, this is definitely an important insight into the YH to keep in mind when he attacks.

The Zohar gives a parable of a king who wanted to test his son's loyalty, so he paid for a prostitute to try to entice his son. The prostitute will do her best to make the king's son stumble, but deep down she really wants that the king's son should refuse her, for she too is a servant of the king and wants the king to truly be happy.

You are right! It is helpful to remember this parable, and to realize that the Yetzer Hara is also really a servant of Hashem. Deep down, he is happy when you refuse his destructive seducing! Realize that life is all a test of our loyalty, and of how much we are really willing to sacrifice for G-d.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 29 Dec 2008 21:29 #1725

• the.guard
Chart updated. Keep strong!

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 29 Dec 2008 21:51 #1727

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
Day 11 complete as well

after last failures...i've erected fences around the paths to falling...this should help

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 30 Dec 2008 11:38 #1729

• the.guard
That's what falls are for, to learn from! Kol Hakavod!
Last Edit: by 613mevakesh.

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 01 Jan 2009 15:26 #1769

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
thanks GUE

Day 14 done...two weeks over and done with it

i've officially removed my access to the filth that i fell with last time (a new internet phone).
Last Edit: 01 Jan 2009 23:04 by .

Re: PostalServicio's Battle Log 01 Jan 2009 21:20 #1772

• the.guard
Chart updated! Keep battling the forces of darkness in the world. Each time you don't give in to the YH, you could be saving a life in israel from the forces of evil! We need warriors now more than ever.

Everyone, learn from these great soldiers who never give up!
Last Edit: by reallylost.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes