Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 74064 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 28 Dec 2009 22:38 #39172

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on rocking eyeballer. Or eyeopener.

Thanks for coming once again. I hope well be able to keep to our deal of speaking once in awhile. It will benefit me alot. thanks.
Last Edit: by happybuddy.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 28 Dec 2009 22:41 #39175

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Be well, Eye!  It was great talking to you today!

One more day and my wallet will be just a bit lighter! 
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by victorylapper.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 28 Dec 2009 23:52 #39221

• Dov
  • Administrator
Eye.nonymous wrote on 28 Dec 2009 15:10:

Today is day 59.

And this afternoon my wife needs helps at home with the kids.  Instead of being resentful, I'm looking at it as an opportunity to chill a little.  I think this is also amazing that I can do this now.

Also, a ray of hope has been with me all through the day--thinking that I'll meet some of you in person again this evening   

..another kumzitz?
Hatzlocah reb Eye! No days in reality....only today. And the ability to get along with reality is a recovering persons best gift. VHMY
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by memyself1.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 11:44 #39375

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 28 Dec 2009 22:41:

Be well, Eye!  It was great talking to you today!

One more day and my wallet will be just a bit lighter! 

Thanks for calling in.  It was definitely one of the (many) highlights of the kumzitz.
Last Edit: by mendygyelive.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 11:46 #39377

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 60.  I'm feeling much better than yesterday, Baruch Hashem.

It's funny that when I'm feeling down, it all the chizzuk I've given to others that comes back to me the strongest and picks me up again! 

Last Edit: by isaac34.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 12:16 #39413

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 29 Dec 2009 11:46:

Today is day 60.  I'm feeling much better than yesterday, Baruch Hashem.

It's funny that when I'm feeling down, it all the chizzuk I've given to others that comes back to me the strongest and picks me up again!   

So true Reb eye so true. We dont realize the precious words we utter. Only when we look back do we see the beauty of them.

Now ony if we would apply this to lashon haro................. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Last Edit: by ashleyp23.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 14:15 #39479

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
60 days is wonderful!!!!!!  Mazel tov and KUTGW!!  I am so glad you are having a better day. 
Last Edit: by electromagnetic.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 14:51 #39506

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
mazal tov eye! ;D
Last Edit: by con250.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 17:43 #39608

• Dov
  • Administrator
The "eye"s have it!

(read what I posted on Momo's thread about the trumpets....tooot!)
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by gpep.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 18:25 #39619

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
imtrying25 wrote on 29 Dec 2009 12:16:

So true Reb eye so true. We dont realize the precious words we utter. Only when we look back do we see the beauty of them.

Now ony if we would apply this to lashon haro................. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

That's it!  Maybe you want to start a Guard Your Tongue forum, IMT!  
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by jollyviper37.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 22:03 #39694

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I hit a really rough spot today.  I was really on shakey ground.

I think I figured out what was bothering me, and if anyone has some insights I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've been doing pretty well with this "Let Go and Let G-d" attitutude.  I've been trying to be flexible and just accept whatever comes along.  As a result, I've been getting less frustrated.  And as a result, I haven't had that urge to act out.

But for a while today, I was getting SICK of this.

Where is there room for aspirations?  Especially if I'm supposed to just accept whenever my regularly scheduled programming gets cancelled!  I've just been doing a lot of hanging around the house with this approach.  I feel like I'm becoming TRAPPED!!!

Is this what G-d wants of me?

Does this "Let Go and Let G-d" mean that you just keep getting knocked out but you should do it with a smile?

When, and HOW, does He start carrying you along to new and really satisfying opportunities?

I feel like my kollel seder is falling apart more and more, and our parnoso situation is getting more worrying as time goes on.

I can be proud of myself a couple of times that I managed to help out at home and not get angry.  But, I'm starting to feel, "Does G-d just plan for me to be a nebuch!  Just sit around at home smiling, and let everything else fall apart?!"

--Eye.
Last Edit: by think123.

Re: eye.nonymous 29 Dec 2009 22:25 #39702

• loi-misyaeish
I was by r' shlachter today. We talked about that these feelings that they come from the heart. So i'm generally bothered about this approach and also had a long chat about it with battleworn last night. Suddenly my heart is burning with desire for this, i can say 'let G-D, let G-D', but how is it gonna make my hearts desire disappear. It's so true what r' s. was saying about head and heart, sometimes when i'm burning, i try to open a sefer and read it, but i just cannot read, my heads not able to focus, it's my heart overpowering. So what's the cure, first we've got to try and cure our hearts and try to feel that we're not going to explode and relax, then one can use the head. I think the let G-D approach has to do more with the head. Correct me if i'm wrong. Not trying to spoil anything for u, but this is my approach now, and is coming out clearer with the help of battleworn and r' s. Hatzlocha rabba. Loi-m
Last Edit: by healingpenguin32.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 22:36 #39710

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey eye wats up. Sorry to hear about your sitch. not getting a clear picture i dont know really what to say. We gotta just realize the yh is out there lurking. and no with all the let go and let g-d stuff he doesnt disappear. Its a tactic. Tactics dont mean you always win. Tactics just mean that when you lose you know how to rebound. We have to realize that the yh wants to get us down down down. And he looks for times of shaky ground to stick it. And when he sticks it he sticks it hard. When it rains it pours. Ive noticed so many times in my life how true a statement this is. When things go rough its just seem slike theres no end. we have to realize that its just a bump in the road and eventually well get passed it. Look back at other problems weve had in life. The ones we thought would never end. Are the still here?? Did we eventually get passed them?? Are we still living with them?? Of course not, because every tunnel has its light at the end. We just gotta wait it out. And thats let go and let g-d. Hell give you the light. It might take a few days but its gonna be there. Just put yourself on cruise control and youll see the light before you know it. Dont try no tricks. Dont try to speed your way through the tunnel. Cuz you might get pulled ovr and you know who the cop is.....................THE YH HIMSELF.

Keep on rocking bro.
Last Edit: by radiantjaguar16.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Dec 2009 23:41 #39757

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all, Eye - wow. It's incredible that you're working on this issue, and that you've reached such an awesome level of trusting in hashem - and even better, that you're able to see the results of it!

Let me preface this post by saying that I may have misunderstood your question, and if so i apologize. And anyway, my knowledge of this pales in comparison to yours, so who knows if anything I say is going to make any sense? But maybe it can help, and so, I've got to share my thoughts, despite the low odds of that.

Here are my thoughts - the benefits of what you're doing are clear - and I don't think that they should interfere with you having aspirations. There are basically two types of issues that come up in our lives - 1) the kind that we need to actively get involved in, and 2) the kind that we just need to avoid and move past.

When you're dealing with problem type 2, like when your programming gets canceled, is there anything you can do about it? I'd say that you're right - if you're going to get knocked out anyway (in a physical sense, not in a spiritual sense), you might as well smile - why lose wehatever you're losing, AND get angry and frustrated, too? You're just losing double! So the more effective way to come up on top is by just saying, "let go and let god," and staying calm.

When you're dealing with problem type 1, though, the first response should still be to relax and realize that it's all from hashem. But then, with your new relaxed frame of mind, you can take whatever steps are possible necessary to improve the situation. Because that's what hashem wants you to do!

Last Edit: by adventuroussquirrel33.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 30 Dec 2009 02:27 #39782

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with silentbattle.  I think one other point if I may. Try and relax and everything will come in due time.  I am sorry you are having/had a tough day.  Just keep on staying positive, leave it to G-d and love yourself.  Be patient with yourself.  KUTGW and hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Last Edit: by Sprightly.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes