Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 73893 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 09 Jul 2012 22:22 #141159

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
The previous post's link was blocked by K9 because of Adult/Mature Content.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 09 Jul 2012 23:02 #141160

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oops. The filter here at work lets it through, I forgot that K9 blocks it. Anyways here's what it says:

1.Sturggle

Verb:

To be afflicted with a debilitating hangover to the point where you cannot speak.Usages: "Man, I'm totally sturggled right now" or "sturggle me" or "sturggle on"

In fact, I was so sturggled when I posted this that I screwed it up multiple times.

!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 10 Jul 2012 20:45 #141254

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all, I want to say that I feel like this wave of lust is subsiding. The writing helped, and I've been making a lot of calls these past few days.

On another note, here is a realization I have had recently:

I used to think of “journaling” and writing exercises as a way to clear my head when it’s full of problems. Recently I have been using the Back to Basics book (with a live SA group) which says that the early AA groups used to use writing as a way to get into contact with their Higher Power.

Besides that, I never thought about it so clearly, but I know that the writing process somehow brings something deeper to the surface, which I’ve thought of as the subconscious until now.

But, putting two and two together, I started to appreciate that writing a journal is not just a way to dump out the noise that’s in my head, but it’s also a way to get in touch with, perhaps, my Higher Power. That those sub-conscious messages that come out are, perhaps, somewhat Divinely inspired.

So I started writing with this in mind for a few minutes in the morning (this morning I even started off with a perek of Tehillim before writing). I started looking at this sort of writing as something to look forward to—it’s not just something to do when I have a problem, but it’s something to do that I might find some clarity and guidance for the day.

--Elyah

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 12 Jul 2012 14:07 #141367

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm not sure if I mentioned this but, during my challenging time recently, I realized that if the tools I'm using aren't working at the moment, I probably need to go back to more basic tools.

For example, I wasn't able to surrender my lust anymore because I found that, once again, I just really wanted to hold onto it. So, I started davening that Hashem should help me to WANT that I shouldn't want to lust.

When I admitted to myself where I was really holding and asked for G-d's help appropriate to that, I felt it made much more of a difference.

--Elyah

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 12 Jul 2012 14:45 #141373

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 12 Jul 2012 14:07:

For example, I wasn't able to surrender my lust anymore because I found that, once again, I just really wanted to hold onto it. So, I started davening that Hashem should help me to WANT that I shouldn't want to lust.

This is my problem. Now I just need to apply your solution.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 13 Jul 2012 07:45 #141450

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Writting does wonders for me, too bad that we can't have just one tool and we are saved. For instance, you know Kung Fu and you think, that you are invincible, vau. But then you meet a Mau Tai fighter and ... You see that Bruce Lee was right, be formless, like water. By that, I think what he really means, is to listen to yourself and that is what writting does for me.

So thanks Elya for that honest post.

P.S. I don't know Kung Fu or Mau Tai, I am just a fan of Bruce Lee... :o

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 30 Jul 2012 02:41 #142607

• Dov
  • Administrator
Woooooooaaahhhhhh!!!!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 30 Jul 2012 16:08 #142644

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 30 Jul 2012 02:41:

Woooooooaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Dov, what a delayed response! In the true spirit of Kung Fu movies.

--Elyah.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 14 Aug 2012 14:36 #143645

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I must regretfully announce that I had a fall. It was not p*rn or m*sturbation, but something rather complicated and very confusing. Therefore, it was very tempting to ignore it and just call it a slip and say that I'm still clean. But I discussed it with my sponsor and after sorting it out with him, the final decision was that it was a fall and I should re-set my sobriety date.

So after 1 year, 2 months, and 4 days, I'm back to day 1.

One day at a time.

--Elyah

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 14 Aug 2012 14:41 #143647

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
We appreciate your honesty in admitting the fall, and we anxiously anticipate your future posts.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 14 Aug 2012 14:44 #143648

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder

I can imagine how let down you feel right now. But you know what to do....

KOMT!!!!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 14 Aug 2012 15:01 #143653

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Thanks for sharing, Elyah!

As we say: Keep Coming Back!!

It works if you work it, YOU are worth it!!!!

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 14 Aug 2012 15:06 #143654

• rt
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
TehillimZugger wrote on 14 Aug 2012 14:41:

We appreciate your honesty in admitting the fall, and we anxiously anticipate your future posts.

I hardly could say it better. I feel always very bad after hearing that some1 fell and the problem is, i would like to do something, but what CAN I DO? grrrr.
I can't do even something for myself.

What reminds me of a nice eyn yakov. And I think TZ might appreciate it even more than the other chevra since he is learning avodas gilulim right now. So here we go.

You know the famous gemore about r. luzar b(en durdaya. so he goes to a certain place and starts to ask all kind of thing to pray for him. stars, earth, heaven, sun, moon and so on. And nobody wants to!! "We have to pray for mercy for ourselves first!"
so eyn yakov (if i remember correctly) asks, nuuu, common, we know that if you pray for somebody and you need it as well, you are answered first. So pray for him, and you will get first?!
OH! zugt eyn yakov, ala mai? they wanted that he would pray for THEM and HE will be answered techila! (he asked for hel and they takke wanted to help).

So, dear Elya, do you wanna pray for me ? : )

p.s. I am working my way through your "additional toolz" . shkoach for them.
KOT

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 14 Aug 2012 15:09 #143655

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
We appreciate the honesty.

We feel your pain.

Keep coming back.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 14 Aug 2012 15:13 #143657

• kiviyvy
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Yashuv VYashuv!
Eye.nonymous wrote on 14 Aug 2012 14:36:

I must regretfully announce that I had a fall. It was not p*rn or m*sturbation, but something rather complicated and very confusing. Therefore, it was very tempting to ignore it and just call it a slip and say that I'm still clean. But I discussed it with my sponsor and after sorting it out with him, the final decision was that it was a fall and I should re-set my sobriety date.

So after 1 year, 2 months, and 4 days, I'm back to day 1.

One day at a time.

--Elyah

Sounds almost exactly like my story. Here's some perspectives that have kept me going though.. This for the man who wrote the big book on perspectives. ... and shkoyach for that kuntres - I read it all the time!

H' gave us a huge present - over 1 yr of sobriety - WOW.. That won't even fit under the tree.. uh.. menorah! It's quite a Matana and I know I needed to be reminded that it was a Matana and not Kochi V'Otzem Yadi..

Another thing - like the Metzora.. Motzi Rah. Metzorah is fortunate to have his imperfections brought to light. Would he rather they fester inside of him and never know about them until it's too late? Ask a cancer patient, Lo Aleinu!!, who's cancer was caught early. B"H they know about it and can now address the problem!

Elyah - you've inspired so many, and I'm sure you inspire yourself. Keep welcoming H' into ever pore of your Neshama. As long as we're alive He'll continue to find His way into every part of us. I guess He's just making more space by cleaning up the Self. With his Mikdash inside of us, V'Shachanti Besocham, there's no doubt He'll shower us with daily gifts.

Can't wait to see what gift He's sending this time! Keep us posted!
YVY

Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes