Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 108446 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 31 Jan 2011 20:15 #95103

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 31 Jan 2011 20:13:

I made some really dear and precious friends.

We did too! We got you!  ;D
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zemmy's story 02 Feb 2011 21:34 #95506

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
at work i have a machine with a huge blade. the blade needs to be changed every once in a while to be sharpened. there is a whole procedure to taking out the old blade and putting in the new one. it is best not to handle the blade directly, rather use long screws to move it around. it's better to unplug the machine when changing blades as well.

being that i am a man who has an internal struggle when the need to ask directions arises, this was no different. i just took the shortest easiest route and handled the blade with my bare hands. (b'h nothing untoward happened)
macho+lazy=dangerous.

got me thinking.
in my life i have a dangerous "blade" which needs to be handled correctly.
i need to read the instructions and follow them, otherwise insurance Hashem won't cover it
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 04 Feb 2011 19:30 #95788

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
i had a slip

last nite
stayed up too late and read an article
not graphic but the subject matter was feeding my lust
not 100% sure it is a slip or not but it doesn't really matter
need to stay out of HALT (hungry angry lonely tired) situations

please Hashem keep me safe
and thank You for providing protecting and keeping me
and thank you to all my dear GYE friends who keep me on my toes, whether you know it or not
have a great shabbos!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 04 Feb 2011 19:42 #95790

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey,  you got Shabbos coming up and guess what? So do we all.  Shabbos is for reflection.  The whole week we prepare for Shabbos and when it comes it couldn't get any better.  Have a great Shabbos!!  A slip is just that, a slip.  Reflect, and come back stronger next week. And get some sleep too, that might help with HALT.

Re: Zemmy's story 04 Feb 2011 19:54 #95794

• bardichev
Just move along

Don't stop while
Driving In downtown bardstown

It will interfere with the flow of traffic

Truck along

Re: Zemmy's story 05 Feb 2011 17:56 #95806

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 02 Feb 2011 21:34:

i need to read the instructions and follow them, otherwise insurance Hashem won't cover it

Reminds me of one of those "american" jokes my Israeli boy came home from school with.

On Tisha B'Av, some Americans (non-Jewish) were visiting Israel.  They were curious to know what was going on, so they asked, "Why is everyone crying?"

They got an answer, "Because the Beis Hamikdash was destroyed."

They seemed unaffected by the news.  Then they asked, "Did you have insurance?"

"No."

"Oh no!"  Then they started crying, too.

--Eye.

Re: Zemmy's story 06 Feb 2011 05:57 #95833

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
;D

thanks RisingUp and rebbe b

thanks to the One Above i am ok right now

on shabbos when i was davening at the bracha of 'retzeh Hashem elokeinu be'amcha yisrael etc.' the first thing that came to my mind was GYE. the striving and efforts of the people here are so impressive. people going to all ends to shake off the garbage, being honest even when it hurts, going through whatever it takes to live lives of kedusha and truth. how precious and dear that is.

another thought was at the end in 'elokai netzor' we say 'velimkalelai nafshi sidom', we ask that our soul be passive and calm in the face of detractors and curses. i never realized the simple meaning of these words. it does not mean to just stay quiet and not lash out against the person insulting you, though that itself might be virtuous and commendable. it means much more than that.
'nafshi sidom' means that my soul should remain unmoved, unshaken, unaffected by the abuse it just received. that is a whole different level than just keeping quiet even though we have a real juicy 'answer' ready to fire back. what's requested is to have such fortitude that the attack does not register as an attack at all.
that might explain the opposite as well. we say 'lemaan yezamercha kavod velo yidom, Hashem elokai le'olam odeka'. we are asking that the constant chesed and miracles that we receive from Hashem do not go unnoticed and do shake us, move us, effect us, that we take notice and thank Hashem for all of it.
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Feb 2011 01:30 #95901

beautiful!!

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Feb 2011 20:59 #96048

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 07 Feb 2011 01:30:

beautiful!!

I agree, although I wouldn't have expected anything less from Zemiros Shabbos on the pshat in "'lemaan yezamercha."

ZS, glad to hear you're back on track.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 08 Feb 2011 02:51 #96107

ur-a-jew wrote on 07 Feb 2011 20:59:

ZS, glad to hear you're back on track.

me too!

Re: Zemmy's story 08 Feb 2011 02:53 #96108

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Beautiful vort......of course. 

To someone starting out on this journey, I think they might be scratching their heads.  That's a slip???  I've noticed that now very little things stir the yetz.  I think I read somewhere that Dov said he became much more sensitive to these little triggers with time

A year.  Such a happy Zemmy.  Such a happy G-d.

kot

Re: Zemmy's story 09 Feb 2011 17:21 #96311

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
just call me Geoffrey
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 09 Feb 2011 17:59 #96322

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Zamir Shabbos  :-\

Re: Zemmy's story 09 Feb 2011 18:23 #96327

• bardichev
Cute

Re: Zemmy's story 09 Feb 2011 18:26 #96328

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Yosef, you hit the nail on the head!

during davening today a thought struck me (before i had a chance to duck )

we say ובא לציון גואל ולשבי פשע ביעקב
there is a Geula Klalis for all of klal yisrael which is coming. There is also a geula pratis which every person strives for in his own life. To be free of bondage to his lusts and ego.
The pasuk is saying that both are coming. To Tzion and to the "shavei pesha".

It can be brought further and the word 'shavei' can be explained as those who come back with (like שבי ציון), not those who return from. People who have fallen into lust and other troubles do not only 'return', bringing themselves back. Rather they also bring back the 'pesha', the time and experiences they went through by using them as a catalyst for getting to where they need to in life. They return the pesha itself in a way.

This idea can also explain what we say in kaddish: בחייכון וביומיכון ובחיי דכל בית ישראל
One can question why is it so imperative that the geula come during every single yid's lifetime? the important part is that it come, whether it is in my lifetime is of secondary importance.
It can be understood to be referring to the geula pratis of every Jew, we ask that every Jew reach the state of redemption in his life.

There is a story told about Rebbe Mendel Vitebsker zy'a. One day rumors were abounding that Moshiach had arrived. Someone came to the Rebbe and told him of the news. The Rebbe got up, went to the window, stuck his head out and sniffed the air. After a moment the Rebbe said "No, he hasn't arrived"
Chasidim asked why was it necessary to stick his head out the window? They answer because in his room, in his domain, the state of redemption was reached to a certain extent.
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes