Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 106721 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 29 Nov 2010 05:29 #87143

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
IMO, that was a good explanation of IMHO
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zemmy's story 30 Nov 2010 15:36 #87304

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
very tired today, was up late last nite. not on the computer, b'h. one of my kids has fever.

once saw in a chasidisher sefer, i think Toras Avos - Slonim, that a tired person is like a house in the forest with no window panes or doors, entirely open to any and all thoughts and urges. without GYE and the awareness it engenders i would probably be headed into deep water. thank Hashem for directing me to GYE and the special holy people who populate this island of kedusha.

is it ok if i put on my flashers and just chug along at about 45mph today instead of 70?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 30 Nov 2010 16:41 #87309

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
refuoh shleimo! kol hakavod on your level of awareness and nice moshul!

Re: Zemmy's story 30 Nov 2010 16:47 #87310

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Zammy, IMHO if u have ur hazard lights on, u should be able to go even on 40 MPH

Re: Zemmy's story 01 Dec 2010 00:37 #87393

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Avraham Avinu's house had 4 open doors on all sides. So, why did his house not get influenced by the outside world?

There is a k'lal in Hilchos Kashrus that while something is giving it is not getting. While Avraham was engaged in spreading spirituality - that is the reason that he had open doors - he was protected from incoming influences.

By being a giving person, giving your sleep to your child late at night; giving/spreading cheer & chizuk around GYE, will surely stand for your merit & the BOSS will guard you! (Provided you don't actively seek out triggers!)

Re: Zemmy's story 01 Dec 2010 04:31 #87418

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Zem.  Thanks for checking in.

Beautiful that a tatteh stays up with his kinder. 

Re: Zemmy's story 01 Dec 2010 04:40 #87420

• frumfiend
Thank you yosef for that great thought.

Re: Zemmy's story 01 Dec 2010 14:49 #87463

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
hatzadik that's a great vort!

Re: Zemmy's story 01 Dec 2010 15:29 #87471

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
wow Yosef Hatzadik, that's a really nice vort!
and thanks for the kind sentiments
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 02 Dec 2010 19:10 #87714

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Parshas Mikeitz

זאת עשו קחו מזמרת הארץ... מעט צרי.... מעט דבש

the Shvatim said to Yakov that Yosef accused them of being deficient in shmiras ha'yesod, 'meraglim atem', liros es 'ervas' haaretz. Yakov said, זאת עשו with this you can repair the blemish. kechu mizimras haaretz, (הארץ בגימט' שבת קודש, (בצ' פשוטה take shabbos'dige niggunim that you sing with friends, that's one tikun. מעט צרי, be mema'et the yetzer (same letters as צרי) through learning Torah, בראתי יצר בראתי תורה תבלין, this is also a tikun and a shemira. and מעט דבש, minimize your indulgences in the things you find to be 'sweet' (like honey דבש). all these are tools that help a person guard his yesod.

ליקוטי אמרי חיים
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 02 Dec 2010 19:22 #87720

• bardichev
zos asu "ichyu"!!!

Re: Zemmy's story 02 Dec 2010 19:54 #87737

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Rabeinu Yona (?) explains the words 'Miut taanug, miut sicha' as a positive thing. We need a little bit of taanug & shmoozing. We cannot manage without it!

Boruch Hashem, we can get our taanug on GYE; we have no need to 'search' elsewhere.....

Thank you, Reb Zemiros Shabbos for being the Gabbai in charge!

Re: Zemmy's story 02 Dec 2010 20:07 #87743

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
reb yosef, it is a taanug to read a good vort from you!

shkoyach!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 05 Dec 2010 18:35 #87968

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Chanukah is a great opportunity.

like every great opportunity it needs to be used correctly. we need to be vigilant. there is more leisure time. parties, schools being closed, traveling. we need to remember that lusting after anyone is a problem, regardless of if it's a relative or a friend. if i go to a party i need to find a seat that does not face the women. i need to make sure not to spend time in a shopping mall just taking in the scenery. keep asking for Hashem's help in staying out of trouble.

on a positive note: it is a very special mitzva done at home with the family in an atmosphere of warmth. an opportunity to fix our eyes upon the light of a mitzva and to cleanse our eyes to some extent of wrong images we may have viewed. a time for extra davening and singing. a time to connect with family and friends. a time where the light of kedusha descends to places where it normally doesn't reach and can uplift souls who have fallen very far. it's a story of how a small little flame can dispel the deep dark night
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 05 Dec 2010 22:01 #87979

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
not to mention the potato chips.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes