Welcome, Guest

Eved's Service to Hashem
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eved's Service to Hashem 5822 Views

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 27 Dec 2010 05:33 #90841

• Shmilu
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 6 of many, many:

Had a couple of urges late last night, and, inexplicably, my browser ceased to function when I keyed in some undesirable terms into the Google Images search bar...
I got the memo, and was appreciative that the Tatte is watching over me and doesn't want me to fall!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 27 Dec 2010 14:12 #90885

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eved Hashem (wannabe) wrote on 27 Dec 2010 05:33:
inexplicably, my browser ceased to function [...] I got the memo, and was appreciative that the Tatte is watching over me....
Wow. Yeah, for me it's incredibly invigorating to see such clear signs that He's here and jumping in to support us. It gives me chizuk that our hishtadlus doesn't have to be a 99.9% in order for Him to love us and take care of us. I feel bad sometimes that I'm expecting a miracle every day, but feel tearfully grateful when He both performs the miracle and lets me into the theatre to see the action.

Is that sorta part of what you were describing? Do I have it right?

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 27 Dec 2010 20:51 #90931

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Eved Hashem (wannabe) wrote on 27 Dec 2010 05:33:

Had a couple of urges late last night, and, inexplicably, my browser ceased to function when I keyed in some undesirable terms into the Google Images search bar...
I got the memo, and was appreciative that the Tatte is watching over me and doesn't want me to fall!

Great you can see so clearly that Hashem is watching after you.
And even greater you can take the hint!

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 04 Jan 2011 14:06 #91786

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 8 of many, many more, be"H:

???? ??' ?? ??? ?? ????? ????!!!

I thanks you Hashem for everything -- for the obvious good as well as the perceived bad!!!
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2011 14:08 by .

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 05 Jan 2011 18:18 #91997

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 9 of many, many more, be"H:

For those who understand Hebrew, here's an inspiring lecture on the subject of Shmirat Einayim from R' Zamir Cohen Shlit"a of Hidabroot.

hidabroot.org/MediaDetail.asp?MediaID=10540

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 06 Jan 2011 01:35 #92082

9 days is awesome, i think im on 11.
keep on going. remember that we have to daven to hashem to help us when we get urges. for me, things that helped me get to the realization of always asking for hashems help was working on teffilah and also lots of torah torah torah!
KOT

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 06 Jan 2011 19:04 #92200

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 10 of many, many more, be'H:

Ei ei ei ei eiiiii...

Those days where everything in the street is a trigger have finally arrived. The most modestly dressed women get my testosterone to spike. The Y"H at its worst. Crazy. I have it every single time. I go from one day being in a state of spiritual height, and feeling practically invincible, to a state of unbelievable vulnerability -- literally one day after the next.

How and why does this happen? Is it simply that my brain is used to his periodic stimulations, and when he doesn't get his fix he goes bonkers?!

Why does it happen every single time without fail? And why so suddenly?

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 07 Jan 2011 14:59 #92371

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 12 of many, many more, be"H:

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I'm kinda white-knuckling my way through this rough period. Hopefully it'll pass before my knuckles break...

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 07 Jan 2011 15:09 #92372

• Gaveup
  • Expert Boarder
When you dont have anything else use your knuckles

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 09 Jan 2011 15:49 #92498

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 13 of many, many more, be"H:

Today feels like a good day. Started strong. I'm starting to see my way out of this grey, foggy labyrinth... B"H!

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 09 Jan 2011 19:45 #92528

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Reading other people's posts, and chiming in with advice and sympathy is doing wonders for me today (on other days it can cause me to weaken, depending on what I read).

What also keeps me driving is the thought that every time I supress an urge, Hashem is smiling, kv'yachol, and saying "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!"

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 09 Jan 2011 20:44 #92545

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
I'm also smiling...

See?

KOT!

EBD
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 09 Jan 2011 22:58 #92573

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Can I please join the smiling crew?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Did you count how many smileys there are?
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2011 00:33 by .

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 10 Jan 2011 00:31 #92596

remember my dear friend that in this fight, we have so so so so so much siyata dishmya, the only thing is that a lot of it is up in shamayim with hashem and we only get it if we want it. thats why we cant forget that hashem has us on his shoulder and we say, daddy i nneed more siyata dishmaya otherwise ill fall off your shoulder, and when he hears this, he gives it to us!
anyways, this was a very unorganized thought ;D

Re: Eved's Service to Hashem 10 Jan 2011 04:01 #92615

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Boy, am I taking some serious uppercuts from the YH, right now. He's battering and bruising me silly. He's been at it for the last couple of hours.
But I ain't throwin' in the towel just yet; I'll make him earn it!
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2011 04:10 by .
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes