Welcome, Guest

starting again after 37 days clean
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: starting again after 37 days clean 13461 Views

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Oct 2010 20:02 #80070

yay! shabbas is here! (almost). right now, i getting a lot of willpower and strenth ready to use this shabbas. im telling myself im not going to look at any girls this shabbas. im going to work very hard to keep my eyes on the sidewalk and keep my thoughts in shamyim.this is the parsha where im taking all of the evil of the yetzer harah and destroy it while i am safe in my boat. this is the parsha of destroying the yetzer, lets all use this special koach to destroy the yetzer!
Last Edit: by .

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Oct 2010 20:08 #80072

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
keep on rowing.

goot shabiss

keep up the great work!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Oct 2010 20:24 #80074

• frumfiend
hashem has much more power than you. Ask him to help. Better yet depend on him to help

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Oct 2010 21:59 #80079

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Frumfiend The star wrote on 08 Oct 2010 20:24:

hashem has much more power than you. Ask him to help. Better yet depend on him to help
??? ??? ?????, ???? ???"? ????? ?? ???? ??
We need to beg hashem for help with this ugly YH

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 10 Oct 2010 01:22 #80089

ok so for some strange reason, its not cold yet were i live. its actually still very hot. over shabbas my neigbor was outside and shes not jewish and obviously dressed (or not dressed) inappropriately. long story short, i had a fall. at first i was really depressed. but i told myself, nu nu fall shmall and i told myself anything that anything else here would say. i have a teffilah (approved by r twerski) that i posted somewhere on this website, which i have slacked off in saying it. im going to try to start saying it again more often and realize that all of this is in hashems hands.
i think that this is all i have to say for now.
gut devach

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 10 Oct 2010 01:24 #80090

Use the fall to feel humble. Reinforce the idea that you NEED help from others and can't do it yourself.
Your fall will become  a zchus one day!
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 10 Oct 2010 01:34 #80094

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
What about starting your own locked thread with the ideas on that you found to be useful for you...

you make a collection and review it regularly.

I find it helps me a lot.

you can see my thread in WHAT WORKS FOR ME forum:  world's collection of inspiration.

We need to constantly work at it.  coasting doesn't get us where we want to go.

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 10 Oct 2010 01:46 #80098

world (and anyone else) take a look at the thread, hashems soldiers battle tactics.

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 10 Oct 2010 19:05 #80135

its getting hard (already) today is day one, i just want it to get cold outside already so all the women dont hang out outside in the nice weather. in about an hour im going to study biology with a friend, that will keep me busy for a little bit. but im trying to keep pushing.

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 11 Oct 2010 03:09 #80165

anyone here ever heard of yosef karduner? i just went to his "concert" it was absolutely beautiful? the men and the women were seated seperatly, except i got a perfect seat to look at all the ladies  i think that one of the hardest parts in this battle is looking at ladies on the streets or wherever, i said before that frum girls turn me on, and it was very difficult. does anyone have any advice for this? is the only advice to just push yourself to control yourself? i had a couple times that when i was looking i pushed myself away for a second but found me looking again the nest second. (that one second still counts though)

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 11 Oct 2010 04:33 #80172

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Yosef Karduner has great soulful Jewish songs that come from the heart, beautiful stuff. He is a Breslover chossid and his music shows it.

About shemiras einayim, i am no authority, but i don't think there is any magic formula and it is a battle, especially if in the past there was laxity. I struggle with it almost daily. The book Windows of the Soul which was serialized in the Shemiras Einayim Chizuk Email recently is a great book. it is written very well, broken into easy-to-digest segments and very clear. It can give you inspiration and chizuk.

keep up your inspiring work and keep talking to the RBS"O, He can pull strings for you
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 11 Oct 2010 11:02 #80182

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
keep up Hashem's Soldier's battle tactics!   

Also, zemiros shabbos' suggestion sounds very good! 

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 12 Oct 2010 01:46 #80249

ive been davening for all of us during the bracha of refaeinu, ive been asking hashem to cure the entire gye community from our addiction to lust.

its sooo hard. aspecially since ive had a couple falls recently, shemiras eynayim is so so hard. i dont need to describe how hard it is, you all know. the few times a day that i am able to control my eyes gives me fuel to keep on going. i think know that PART of the avodah is to look at where we are or have done good in. or anything that we have done good in. so those few times a day that i DO control myself for 3 seconds are helpful to try and just keep trucking
HS
Last Edit: 12 Oct 2010 17:47 by .

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 12 Oct 2010 16:50 #80298

HashemsSoldier wrote on 11 Oct 2010 03:09:

anyone here ever heard of yosef karduner? i just went to his "concert" it was absolutely beautiful? the men and the women were seated seperatly, except i got a perfect seat to look at all the ladies  i think that one of the hardest parts in this battle is looking at ladies on the streets or wherever, i said before that frum girls turn me on, and it was very difficult. does anyone have any advice for this? is the only advice to just push yourself to control yourself? i had a couple times that when i was looking i pushed myself away for a second but found me looking again the nest second. (that one second still counts though)

pushing away is valuable.

Learning to deflect the urge to look and instead feel close to Hashem who is saving you from the experience...

Also, coming to terms with the urge inside of you, and not letting the fact that you have this urge 'bother' you  > , is helpful. Learning to laugh it off mentally 'there goes that nutty part of me'  : helps to allow yourself to focus on other things instead.

Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 13 Oct 2010 01:46 #80349

thanks kutan.
i just added an hour of learning to my day. i am learning meseches succah. i only need 3 years of social studies so i have a beis medrish persiod this year. it is another hour of added kedusha to my life (besides the fact that im gaining skills in learning)
im starting to get my momentum back. as days go on i feel like im getting stronger and stronger. NOT that i feel like im getting "full of myself" but i feel more strength. it is still hard to control myself when i see a kollel wife. but im still pushing myself
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes