Welcome, Guest

starting again after 37 days clean
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: starting again after 37 days clean 13460 Views

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Oct 2010 02:33 #79433

ok.....i had a big fall today. my partener was adding something to my filter and forgot to log off. and i lost control of myself.
Last Edit: by .

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Oct 2010 02:47 #79435

• frumfiend
Your a solder in Hashems army. Just get up and be ready to carry out his will.
Hatzlacha in everything
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2010 13:24 by .

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Oct 2010 13:13 #79454

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
We're still new to the program.  Remember that.  The more we learn the program, be"H the better we get at overcoming such nisyonos.

Commit to working on the program as much as possible.

:D (There's no smiley that says "I'm working hard, and I'm proud of it."  So this will have to do.)

Keep strong.

We're with you.

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Oct 2010 19:04 #79472

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
get up, dust yourself off and try to implement a way to avoid a repetition of the fall in the future, those are the things the YH doesn't want you to do.
the torah you wrote from your rav about breishis is great and very fitting, beis reishis, time to start again, say mizmor shir leyom hashabbos.
keep on trucking
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Oct 2010 19:39 #79478

• aa1977
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • Time takes Time
HS,

we're all on a slow curve going up - but it has lots of dips and chinks along the way. You fell, but you're still higher than you were a month ago, a year ago. Maybe even a week ago. Even though you don't feel it. Every effort counts here. See Dov's email yesterday:

"See Rav Matisyohu Salomon, With Hearts Full of Faith (Mesorah, 2002) regarding Balei Teshuvah who are unable to instantly give up bad habits, where he distinguishes between "compromise, which is absolutely forbidden, and gradualism, which is acceptable and unavoidable." pp. 264-266.

We're into gradualism here, and we may not have much choice in the matter. The falls are part of the process. Work hard, but please - take it easy!!!

Chazak V'ematz

Aaron

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 05 Oct 2010 03:27 #79515

thank you to all of you my dear friends. its very helpful and meanigful all of your posts. its gas in my truck to help to keep on tricking. today was baruch hashem day one....in school.
this whole struggle is hard. aspecially with family (btw that thing about the family, i talked to a couple rebbeim and my rav about it) aspecially since there are so many things in all areas of life which also need work. BUt we dont give up. we arnt quitters. its time to keep on trucking.

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 06 Oct 2010 01:52 #79654

hello freinds. day 2. taking it one day at a time. its extremly hard, being with all the kids at school. they arnt the type i should be with, but im stuck there cus of my dad. there is a famous line we have here. she/he/it/they might be a problem, but its not your problem. they have prblems about the way they are acting, but the way they act, the way they talk and who they talk to and what they talk about is not my problem.

now that im in school again, baruch hashem it takes a lot and a lot and a lot of time off my hands! more time that is being used up is good!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 06 Oct 2010 16:10 #79726

• bardichev
truck away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 miles per hou

whatever

slow and easy

rome wasnt built in a day

stay  in the game!!!

b

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 06 Oct 2010 17:17 #79746

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Stay in your lane!

All the way to your destination!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 07 Oct 2010 02:34 #79840

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Soldier!  Keep fighting!

We're proud of you.

You're a REAL soldier!

keep on trucking and woodfording.  Just don't drink and drive.  Wait until the woodford wears off.

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 07 Oct 2010 15:13 #79879

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HS, hope things are going well on ur end, keep us inspired

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Oct 2010 04:23 #79984

day 4. on the way to and from school is the only time that it is really possible to have a test in shemiras eynayim, so the thing i use to keep me motivated is that i tell myself that this one test represents 30 tests that i would have through the day, and when i pass this testit is like passing all the tests there would be on one day.
also the kollel wifes (families) live in the school so it is also hard for that (the one or 2 times a day i see them) but i am still trucking. there is no time to have a fall. a fall is for tommorow, but today is for winning battles and running over the yetzer with my truck

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Oct 2010 04:42 #79986

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HS, u doing fine, just make sure u got enuff full in that monster truck engine

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Oct 2010 05:00 #79987

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Ice cream trucks are the best trucks to use when running over the yetzer hora.

The music plays "yetzer hora you're a real mean guy...."

Crunch!!!!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Oct 2010 17:09 #80044

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
"We are fighting together in Hashem's Army!"
Anyone remember that song?

Hashem Soldier will be getting a medal very soon!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes