Welcome, Guest

starting again after 37 days clean
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: starting again after 37 days clean 13455 Views

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 05 Nov 2010 05:09 #83097

• dovekbashem
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
Soldier,

Again - you inspire me. It is always better not to slip - not to enter the boxing ring at all. But if ch'v you do slip, which you did, it is truly inspiring to see that you won the fight and came out alive!

Take that yetzer hatov that prevented you from falling and use it next time before you even slip!

I am having an urge to slip tonight... but I won't do it if you won't do it! I will stay strong because you have shown me that it's possible.
Last Edit: by .

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 05 Nov 2010 18:36 #83184

wow..... me, give chizzuk? now i feel a greater responsibily to make sure i keep myself in line. thank you dovek!

in the parsha we see that rivkah saw the big mistake of yitzchok. he was gona bentch eisav who was evil instead of yaakov who was good. we see that sometimes the evil looks like its good and the right thingg to do and the good is evil and the wrong thing to do. what must be done? we need to make sure that that does not happen.
this is my own thought and its very very basic....if i had more time i think i could build on it....buuuuuuuttttttttt.....shaabos is comeing!
gut shabbas!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 05 Nov 2010 18:43 #83186

• dovekbashem
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
Good Shabbos Soldier!

Beautiful vort... and yes, I am constantly getting chizuk from your journey... take that as a compliment and a responsibility.

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 07 Nov 2010 03:08 #83233

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
How r u my holy soldier, hope u r trucking away, we all want ur success and hashem is waiting for it to, every day u go clean that's a victory and hashem is proud of u, don't worry about the wet dreams just worry for the good things how u can help the YT getting into ur life, the YH let him brake his brain on how to win u, he will anyways loose u so u don't wana be on a losing team stay far away:)
Good week

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 07 Nov 2010 21:28 #83321

last nighta girl i used to text texted me and i had a hard time saying no. basically i didnt have a fall

day 28.
today i also had a slip with google books. its not covered on my filter yet. im trying to work with the gabbai on that.
what is considered a fall? if one started the action, but stopped himself what is that?

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 07 Nov 2010 21:48 #83329

• jewinpain
  • Platinum Boarder
HS, very proud of ur not texting back the girl, hashem will repay u for that tenfold, if u stopped right away and didn't actually act out that's no fall, just a slip, plz stay away from the computer 2day enuff done, go keep urself busy with better stuff, and hashem will take away that urge from u

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 07 Nov 2010 22:02 #83334

well i lost control and texted her a couple times. it wasnt sooo many texts. but i said stuff i shouldnt have. i deleted all the texts though and i deleted her number.
im gona go away from the computer now

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Nov 2010 13:41 #83418

• Dov
  • Administrator
Keep reaching out to the right people, HS.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Nov 2010 15:13 #83431

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HS, i don't have much to add, just to say that we are all here for you and we are rooting for you and based on your record you have the strength - (Hashem's strength), to get through this, even if you slipped at first.
zs
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Nov 2010 15:19 #83434

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
We're all rooting for you, HS!

Best wishes of bracha, hatzlacha, and a gutten Chodesh!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Nov 2010 15:33 #83440

HashemsSoldier wrote on 07 Nov 2010 22:02:

well i lost control and texted her a couple times. it wasnt sooo many texts. but i said stuff i shouldnt have. i deleted all the texts though and i deleted her number.
im gona go away from the computer now

HS,
just want to let you know you make a world of difference to us here on the forum!
We  don't  really relish the guys that go straight to 90 days (well, we like them too ), its the guys like you who really work on connecting to others on GYE, and find the struggle coming back again and again... WOW, you rock (as JIP might say).
keep it up,
kutan
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Nov 2010 15:44 #83445

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Soldier,

We are right here with you in your struggle.
Try to be strong.

Don't view your slip as the start to your way downhill.
View it as part of the challenge to push yourself forward.
Decide you will stop the slip now.
no more slip.
it's finished.
only forward.

w

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Nov 2010 16:06 #83454

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Truly Hashem's Soldier!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Nov 2010 17:03 #83467

• jewinpain
  • Platinum Boarder
Kutan, HS is soon gana be captain here he's rocking away like there is no 2moro, we know HS u are doing the best u can at the moment with the environment u r in, hashem knows it too and is proud of ur progress, u keep all of us alive here

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 08 Nov 2010 17:17 #83470

jewinpain wrote on 08 Nov 2010 17:03:

2moro

wow.
think about it.
in 50 years or so (say Moshiach did not come yet), they will look at 'tomorrow' as the way we look at Olde english!
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes