Welcome, Guest

starting again after 37 days clean
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: starting again after 37 days clean 13452 Views

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 02 Nov 2010 17:14 #82514

• bardichev
KOT
Last Edit: by .

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 03 Nov 2010 01:41 #82631

thanks friends!
today is 24! when i look back to the beggining of the summer, i think the total amount of clean days is at least 100! doesnt that sound beutiful. im only on day 24 (although i say only on day 24.....dont get the impression that im saying its a little.....even one day by itself is tons and tons of time and each day is a huge deal!) but if you look back to all the clean days i have had since i first began fighting againt this addiction, i reallly have a lot of days under my belt! (and i couldnt have done any of it w/o GYE)
anyways, thank you for you comments, they help me.

YH- i dont know if i deserve to be equated with ZS, but now that i have, it is a big honor!
JIP- thanks, thats really helpful.
B-.......AVADEH!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 03 Nov 2010 14:27 #82672

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
reb HS, great to hear you are doing ok, 100 days is a Ben Franklin in Heavenly currency, and the dollar has never had a goldfish-in-Woodford's chance of competing with it!

HashemsSoldier wrote on 03 Nov 2010 01:41:

YH- i dont know if i deserve to be equated with ZS, but now that i have, it is a big honor!

all this honor is getting to me. would you like my autograph?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 00:54 #82810

yes!
and today is day 25....gematria chaf hei, weakness.
we put teffilen on our weaker arm....so now i and taking all the weakness of my past and binding it up with kedusha.

i had a big dream last night that ended in a wet dream.  i dreamt that i was looking at p*** and mast. and then i finished and in the dream i was depressed that i had to start over again.....then a little while later i woke up nd realized it was just a wet dream....the yetzer is so desperate that he is trying to attack me and take away my simcha while i am sleeping....what a loser!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 16:17 #82937

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
25 =  Koh sevarchu ess Bnai Yisroel!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 17:46 #82967

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
kot
koecadw

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 17:58 #82974

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
keep on eating cake and drinking woodford?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 18:03 #82978

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
replace cake mit choolint and you got it!

good job!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 19:12 #83020

• bardichev
kot
koecadw

u 2 are the besttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 19:17 #83024

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
You3

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 19:22 #83025

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
you4!
you4all all4you
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 04 Nov 2010 23:15 #83053

as i have said many times, its hard for me cus of the people i am around all day cus im in a yeshiva that i dont want to be in with kids who are very immature etc.
ive had desire today. my lust has been acting up, we finished school early today and im home now. the tv is accesible to me. i cant get to any p*** through it, but i can get to the dirty movies (again, not the p*** ones, but one that have bad scenes in it) its hard to fight. but in 2 hours rav matisyau solomin and the noveminsker rebbe are in town and are giving chizzuk to my city. im excited for that.
anyways, im still trucking full strength!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 05 Nov 2010 00:04 #83061

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HS, i admire your spirit and your awareness. keep up the good work!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 05 Nov 2010 00:23 #83064

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 04 Nov 2010 23:15:
in 2 hours rav matisyau solomin and the noveminsker rebbe are in town and are giving chizzuk to my city.

I am always touched when I hear how folks might face the strongest taivehs in the world, but when holiness faces off against an aveirah, the kedusha will win every time.

It's like those stories of the kid at the checkout, whining for candy. The mom can't shut him up until she explains, "it's not kosher." And then, goes the story, the whining simply STOPS. And listen to this, I just heard a version of that where the family was NOT JEWISH, but the mom heard it work so often with the yidden in that store that she tried it on her own kids successfully. Go figure.

Anyhow, maybe you just need to get an adam godol in your town every night and you'll never act out again!

Re: starting again after 37 days clean 05 Nov 2010 03:18 #83090

well actually we do have plent of adam gadolim.....we just dont realize how big they are.
i slipped, i turned on the tv and saw a little bit, but i controlled myself in the end. sometimes i wish i could take a hammer and just smash the tv.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes