Welcome, Guest

One year later: 90 days here we come!!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 1341 Views

One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 02 Sep 2010 22:49 #77701

• loi-misyaeish
BARUCH SHECHAYANU VEKIYAMANU VEHIGIYONU LAZMAN HAZEH! Guys, i'm overwhelmed with emotion. Day 82, i never beleived it! Rosh hashana comes out and shabbas shuva comes in and v-day. But there again, without hashem's help, it would not have been possible, as it states in the gemara. For over a year, i've been working on my y"h, to take it apart piece by piece, but never made it yet to ninety. So holy jews daven for me and i"yh i'll make it!! More than one have said "you know, you just look so happy" without knowing why. Yes, i do always have a smile on my face, but they could feel the true joy. The after effects of someone having sweet victories. This elul's just been the best in my life. So i"yh i'll come back to get the mazal tov wishes from all the holy jews at gye. "hashavua haba yihye ho'ois hazeh"!!! Your loving friend, Loi-m     
Last Edit: by .

Re: One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 02 Sep 2010 23:50 #77709

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
We share in your simcha and excitement!

Keep up the geshmake work!!

Re: One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 05 Sep 2010 16:44 #77856

• bardichev
keep

on trucking

u

r  doing great

bardichev

One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 12 Sep 2010 15:26 #78198

• loi-misyaeish
B"H I DID IT!!! NINETY!! A mazel tov to me and to guardyoureyes. This took long, but b"h i got there. I will write a bit about my struggles in the past year. But the main motto was 'ani loi misyaeish' i'm gonna 'keep on trucking'(with r' levi yitzchok's einikel at the wheel!)  till i get there. And a special thanx to our great hero silentbattle who was my backbone and support all the way! THREE CHEERS! I will write in another post about my journey!   

Re: One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 12 Sep 2010 15:53 #78199

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Mazal Tov!

Hatzlacha on, b'Ezras Hashem, building on your success, one day at a time!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 12 Sep 2010 16:04 #78200

• loi-misyaeish
I'll try to keep my story short! My story starts, i guess, many years ago as a young kid, when lust became a issue and i followed the slippery path down that many others have taken including Lust,p.,m. and other addictive behaviors. That was all till over a year ago, when i found gye on my web browser on my cellphone (that's where i had internet access from). At the beginning i read some of the stuff there and decided that i just could not make it. But last summer vacation in my desperation i finally became a member of gye. I used to read every chizuk email through and through. By sukkos i had already reached almost sixty. But being back home brought back the old feelings and i began to to feel down. I fell worse than ever before, i began to m. too often etc.. When i returned to israel, i tried my luck twice, but kept on falling. I eventually began to give up on this idea, and decided to just do a day at a time, but with open internet on my phone, i was always very vulnerable to the y"h. I tried going to therapy, but i didn't enjoy that too much, i hate psychology. It reached a point that i realized that i'd gotta get rid of internet access, so i asked a friend to keep my phone for me. Letting go of my smart phone was not easy it was terribly difficult, but retrospectively that was the best move, and the first stage of my recovery. When i left gye a tzaddik from gye called silentbattle kept contact by phone. He was really wonderful and kept encouraging me. But i could just not part from my friend called 'lust'. I began to be for hours on a israeli chatroom and listen and do everything other than p. on the net I was just still badly addicted. For a period i lost contact with silentbattle. But in iyar i started contacting him again by phone. He convinced me to try and stop the other stuff i'd been doing, and i've been clean ever since, but from mast. I could just not stop. I fell after fifteen days. By tammuz, i got a jerk, i'd been in shidduchim for over half a year and nothing doing... Post
Last Edit: 12 Sep 2010 18:14 by .

One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 12 Sep 2010 16:23 #78204

• loi-misyaeish
...continued, silentbattle told me that not long after completing ninety days he'd got engaged, i decided that i'd give it a try too. Another important thing he told me was to fight off the y"h not a day at a time but an hour at a time. Now the y"h didn't have very much to reply to that. One hour, c'mon, that i could handle. Those one hours turned into days and finally months. B"h the second day of r"h was day ninety, Isn't that amazing! The same hour that i completed ninety days, i was celebrating another family simcha. The l'chaim was for a double simcha! Yes, it took me over a year, but i think it was best to stop things gradually and not in one fell swoop, it became a kinyan and b"h my days are almost entirely lust-free. B"h i've really been feeling happier, when i  desirous thoughts enter my mind i don't have to let it out in all different ways. Interestingly enough day 91 was the hardest i had in a long time. I think hashem's message was ' you did not m. For ninety days but watch out 'lapesach chatos roiveitz' as soon as you let your guard down('open the door), he'll pounce on you and injure you badly, watch out! So chevra, i was loi-miyaeish and b"h got to ninety, al tisyaeish guys! No, i'm not yet engaged but i"yh i'll find my right zivug soon. I'm thinking of making a small l'chaim in jerusalem this week, i just cannot go by this as if nothing happened after over a year's struggle, so anyone here, please pm to me a.s.a.p. Loi-m    p.s. I'm grateful to gye forever for being there at the start of my journey. Good luck, holy jews and gmar chasimah tovah, for a year of only goodness and happiness in life.
Last Edit: 12 Sep 2010 18:19 by .

Re: One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 12 Sep 2010 16:56 #78205

• bardichev
Mazal tov!!!

Now keeep on trucking!!

We are all sooooo proud of u

Bardichev

Re: One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 12 Sep 2010 20:19 #78221

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Fantastic - I'm honored that I was able to have a part in your amazing growth!

You've accomplished something truly incredible, and may you continue to do so!

Re: One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 13 Sep 2010 13:11 #78249

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
May you continue to give us much nachas!

Re: One year later: 90 days here we come!!! 13 Sep 2010 20:41 #78284

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Mazel Tov!!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes