Welcome, Guest

A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 2295 Views

A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 28 Jun 2009 18:34 #7579

• London
Tradition 3 of AA States "The only requirement for A.A. membership is a desire to stop drinking".  SA goes further and states "The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop lusting and become sexually sober."
In the topic I left out sexually sober, as I have lust for money and food as well sexual lust.  I have learned from my bitter experience that unless I am willing to put down all addictive processes, I will not achieve any long lasting sobriety.  Further the fears of financial insecurity cause me to want to lust to medicate my feelings of fear and anxieties.  Further the more weight I put on the more I will loath myself and my self esteem levels will deteriorate further, which could cause me to act out on.  If I overspend or do not have clarity with my finances I will also increase my anxieties which could lead me to acting out.

As a young teenager I learned to medicate uncomfortable feelings, feelings of fear and anxiety with masturbating and binge eating.  However, this coping mechanism turned into an addiction that took on a life of its own.  When I first started to act out sexually I got a tremendous hit and it provided temporary relief for me, however the hit started to loose its effect and the intensity had to increase, this is evident from my story.  Today in recovery I have to reverse this process, and when I get the feelings of anxieties I have to learn that the feelings will not kill me and sit through them, make a call to someone, and try and work out what is causing the anxieties.

I have started this journal to write about my progress (or otherwise) on working on becoming sober in all three areas, as they are so inextricably linked.  I will also use this journal to write about my story.

Today; BH I am sexually sober, although I could have averted my eyes whilst driving.  Today I also have the desire to stop lusting and to become sober.  I need to make more progress with my food as there are underlying anxieties going on that I am binge eating on.
Last Edit: by aviran14.

Re: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 28 Jun 2009 20:57 #7593

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
The BIG BEN is tolling the death of the Yetzer Hara in London!

We are looking forward to joining you on this epic journey that will shake the heavens and bring light and inspiration to GYE and to the whole world!

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Shza.

Re: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 29 Jun 2009 13:33 #7624

• London
I started the day really well BH, I joined the early morning SA UK Sobriety renewal telephone conference call, where the participants answer a list of questions (which I will BLN post here), I called my sponsor and checked in a major lust trigger that I had late last night.  However I have been unable to motivate myself to work and have not done what I had in mind to do today.  In the past this would have been a major trigger to act out on.  However today I know that I "have to do the next right thing" and for me the next right thing is to start work not beat myself up.
Last Edit: by Dust in the wind.

Re: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 30 Jun 2009 03:04 #7690

• bardichev
THE ELAVATOR IS NOT BROKEN

WE ARE ALL GOING UP TOGETHER!!

LCHAIM

b
Last Edit: by oavraham.

Re: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 30 Jun 2009 10:17 #7720

• London
BH I was sober yesterday, but last night I could not fall asleep, this is a dangerous time for me, and I engaged in some lustful fantasy.  I was able to share this with my sponsor this morning.  I also participated in the UK early morning sobreity renewal this morning.  The biggest difficulty I have now is food, my lust for food is really strong now, and I have major anxieties about putting this down, even though I know it will kill me physically, and will lead me back into sexual lust.  Addictions are only a symptom of my problem, I have to work on whats going on underneath, the spritual misconnection, my character defects, my fears and anxieties, learn to trust in Hashem day by day and accept His will.  I am now off to a lunch time OA meeting to try and work on my food issues.
Last Edit: by .

Re: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 30 Jun 2009 10:59 #7723

• needsomehelp
i also couldnt sleep last night to much on my mind but had my son sleeping next to me ... and said to hashem get me though this night and i will make u proud ...so this moring when i davvened i davened with some extra strength and it works !!!
Last Edit: by avana.

Re: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 30 Jun 2009 12:18 #7726

• the.guard
However today I know that I "have to do the next right thing" and for me, the next right thing is to start work, not beat myself up.

This is a very important Yesod. Thank you for sharing it. When we are already not doing what we should, it can quickly lead to worse things. We need to internalize as London said, do the NEXT BEST THING.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by ichhaham.

Re: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 03 Jul 2009 12:08 #8070

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
We miss you:)
Love
Noorah Ben Amram
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by joshua2.0.

Re: A Desire To Stop Lusting & Become Sober 03 Jul 2009 13:57 #8079

• the.guard
LONDON, WHERE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL CHIMES OF THE BIG BEN??
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes