Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Here I come! 1280 Views

Here I come! 06 Jul 2010 09:33 #73118

In full force fighting against the yetzer hara!  Starting my 90 day journey and hoping for strength from the Almighty!

I'll resort here when I am feeling tempted and at my wits end, but I can do it!

Shalom,

FixMySoul!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Here I come! 06 Jul 2010 09:42 #73120

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You go brother!!! Loking good, they say it is a mitzvah to be on fire, to be passionate. Thanks for your fire, it makes me burn stronger too!

Yehoshua

Re: Here I come! 06 Jul 2010 11:00 #73127

• bardichev
Fire away!!!

We are always here for backup,ammo,k-rations,firstaid,

Welcome warrior!

B

Re: Here I come! 06 Jul 2010 13:18 #73132

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
yehoshua wrote on 06 Jul 2010 09:42:

it is a mitzvah to be on fire, to be passionate. Thanks for your fire,

You know, there may be different approaches for different people. One is on fire and fighting. That stopped working for me after a while, because I got exhausted at the prospect that I'd always be fighting (one day at a time).

Instead, I've been a little sneakier lately. I speak quietly and lovingly, almost whispering, to the enemy: "Dear YH: I've known you for SO long. You've been a constant companion. And I've always listened to you IN THE PAST when you say that your way is the right way for me. But right now, I need to have a day without you. Just a short break to take care of some other business.

"If you REALLY love me, and REALLY have my best interests at heart like you've always said, then you'll OF COURSE give me a day's break. Feel free to come around tomorrow, because you know I've always been happy to see you , but I'll feel so much better if you'll go away for a day. You DO still love me, don't you? "

He's cornered. He's got to go away for the day. If he returns, I can remind him that he promised. That if he sticks around it shows that he never really loved me in the first place, so he's GOT to leave me alone for the day.

So far, ODAAT, that's been working better for me than battling an enemy far more wily than me. Just a thought.... Different approaches work for different people!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes