Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Todays battle 4097 Views

Todays battle 23 Jun 2009 18:54 #7100

• jda211
  • Senior Boarder
Today is Day 5 for me, at work it is hard to watch myself and guard my eyes and i keep getting impulses to look at bag websites, but i need to try and forget about for another 2 hours until i go home, when i will be busier and it will be a little easier.
But so far today, B'H, i am clean
Last Edit: by .

Re: Todays battle 23 Jun 2009 18:58 #7101

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
When feeling weak, read the GYE handbooks!

Keep up the good work, and keep posting on this new thread of yours... Every day, post your progress - all the way to 90 days!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by pausebreaksystem.

Re: Todays battle 24 Jun 2009 18:51 #7285

• jda211
  • Senior Boarder
Today is day 6.  I had a very strong nisayon to go on bad websites, but i read todays email and davened to Hashem for help and for Him to take over, and it got easier.  Still a little time to go, but so far day 6 is clean.
Last Edit: by yossnes.

Re: Todays battle 24 Jun 2009 19:06 #7292

• bardichev
heilger JD
how about a fliter or coveneat eyes?
b
Last Edit: by והתקדשתם.

Re: Todays battle 24 Jun 2009 21:31 #7320

• the.guard
Bardichev is right. A good filter is a MUST. See our filter page for ideas.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by onk.

Re: Todays battle 25 Jun 2009 20:33 #7416

• jda211
  • Senior Boarder
Today is day 7.  I did take bardichev (and others advice).  I didnt install a complete filter but i installed adblock and flashblock.  I know its not a full filter, but it still helps me a lot.  Those images in ads are what triggers me sometimes, and i see it has helped already.  I think just trying to take more control has helped in the battle a little. 
Last Edit: by ani yehudi.

Re: Todays battle 25 Jun 2009 21:56 #7430

• the.guard
Having all the garbage within a mouse's click is still not a good strategy. If you can't install a filter because you need open access for work, at least install accountability software. See here.

Keep up the great work Tzadik!
Last Edit: by techouva.

Re: Todays battle 26 Jun 2009 16:07 #7483

• jda211
  • Senior Boarder
Today is day 8, and while the urges definitely are not gone, it is a little easier.  And i must admit, when i think of acting out, and then remember i will have to admit my fall here, and start over, it helps.  while i know that is not the best strategy, whatever helps me to get through the day i will do. 

Re: Todays battle 26 Jun 2009 16:36 #7487

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
it IS the best strategy to have to admit to someone else you failed.it's called accountability. everyone wishes they could have accountability to Hashem, like in that story with rabbi yochanan ben zakai and his talmidiim. but, UNFORTUNATELY, we DONT have accountability to Hashem, and therefore do the next best thing, like r' yochanan says in the gemara, have accountability with people, and then, afterwards, you will strive to have the REAL accountability, with the Creator.
Last Edit: by אחת העם.

Re: Todays battle 27 Jun 2009 20:08 #7502

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
I like the name you picked - Today.

אני היום ילדתיך - Today you are a different man, and the Yezer is a new creation also (misgaber kol yomיצרו של אדם מתגבר עליו כל יום - ) and Today's battle is really different than all the other days in your life until now, and in the future.

This might be connected to the dichotomy of light being particles or waves - so to TIME - is it dots of existence (a man is judged every  second) or cyclical time frames?

So Let's Battle Today
Last Edit: by roi or.

Re: Todays battle 27 Jun 2009 21:33 #7509

• the.guard
JD, I updated your chart... Mazal Tov on reaching Level 2.

Jack couldn't have said it better!!

One day at a time... We're all here for you. Keep strong!
Last Edit: by לב מחלים.

Re: Todays battle 28 Jun 2009 17:58 #7576

• jda211
  • Senior Boarder
Today is day number 10.  B'H Shabbos is usually easier, with less temptations, and this Shabbos went well.  This is by far my most recent streak, and hopefully with more and more work and tefilla the urges will get even less.  Sometimes when i think about inappropriate things now, i even recognize quickly that it is the yetzer harah, and i quickly just think about something else.  i was thinking how i found this site a while ago when i got so fed up with myself i googled shmiras enayim, and how much this site has helped me since.  i cant wait to read more, and develop more with it.
Last Edit: by helpfromgye.

Re: Todays battle 28 Jun 2009 19:04 #7583

• bardichev
hello heiliger tzaddik JD
i dont know if I officially welcomed you to the site

my name is bardichev(with a small b) I am part of the chherring squad here (among other official and un-official duties.

1o days is a whole bunch of days do you realize how much you turned you eyes away from how much SUR MEI-RA you did

hello we should be dancing the kazatzka!!!

Tzaddik this is not an easy fight REMEMBER you are fighting for your life your nomalicy your humanity your peace of mind everything is on the line!!

HABAAH LITEHER MISAYYIN OSO!!

stay here for the long haul post away all your vitories and even ch"v you mini defeats

h&H (which means humble and HAPPY)

bardichev

Re: Todays battle 29 Jun 2009 16:55 #7645

• jda211
  • Senior Boarder
well i had a fall today, so i guess i start the count over.  i cant help but feel disappointed.  i feel that all the good that i had from this recent streak is gone, and wasted. i guess i start over now, i feel kind of lost, and im trying not to be upset, but i cant help it.  i guess i'll try from here, and ill let you know if i get the next 3 days clean to start my count again.
Last Edit: by test11.

Re: Todays battle 30 Jun 2009 02:32 #7686

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shalom aliechem my holy brother warrior, i think a little pep talk from the general is in order...General Patton that is
I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.

Here is a rallying cry from General McArther
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Us too my dearest, "retreat is no option"
We get up brush our self off and continue fighting ....we don't. fight harder....rather we fight smarter ....
With fiery love to a fellow warrior, I remain forever yours
Noorah Bamaram
Aide-de Camp  to Generals Patton McArther and Guard :D:D
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by Luffy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes